News: How does Patrick Mahomes' mega-deal affect Dak Prescott negotiations? It's complicated

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
So when you buy a car, is it just about the price, the money, or are there other very important factors involved, like term.
Just saying, its much more than just the money.
The most obvious issue is that the FO is actually taking a very smart conservative approach this time, making a mistake with franchise money on a QB that isn't franchise worthy at this point in time is the issue.
Maybe Dak succeeds on his bet, betting on himself, I would love to see Dak actually transcend his game, and actually win his bet, and if that transpires and then the man gets payed and we have a worthy franchise QB.
That hasn't happened yet,, this is really simple.
Sure.

But in comparing Mahomes' contract the only thing that matters is the money.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Sure.

Not entirely, and 7 days will explain more than anyone on this forum can at this point.

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Wrong Einstein. Unlike you, I know Aikman needed Emmitt just as Dak needs Zeke to help move the chains. But Dak has to carry the entire offense. Zeke fails to show up, and posters whine Dak didn't do more.

I think this year with Pollard and maybe that UFDA..forget name at the moment...cowboys under McCarthey wont be as Zeke dependent

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Your seeing exactly what I see! Dak is very erratic with ball placement and he rarely leads his WRs. And those are the games where he has time. It's gets worse with pressure and tighter coverage and that would explain Daks inability to perform in the red zone.
yeah I just rewatched the whole season, and he is much worse under pressure, and like u say , he cant lead guys at all. He tends to throw at them
or misjudge how far in front of them to throw.
most of the drops were due to passes behind, low or high.

kskboys

Reaction score
Sure.

Ok. So, the first 4 years averate out to 27.6. So, you're saying Dak should sign for that.