How does the defense fix their lack of creating turnovers?

Cowboyny

Reaction score
Two words....pass rush. in 1992, we had the #1 defense and who started in the secondary? Larry Brown (rookie), Ike Holt, thomas Everret, and james washington. No pro bowl talent at all. What we did get is Charles Haley. People getting enamored with safeties and CBs are missing the point I think. You get a big pass rush, especially up the gut, it will make your secondary appear better than they are. Our issue is we get no pressure and without that, no secondary can cover. I like what we are doing in FA by getting run stuffing passrushers. That is why aldon smith is coming. If Kinlaw or chaisson are available, dallas will pick them.

Didn't we have Kevin Smith starting that year? Everett was a boarder line pro bowler at the position, Washington had legit ball skills. Listen, I understand we need a better pass rush, but we need instinctive, ball hawks on the back-end. It certainly would help to more aggressive as well.

Cincycowboy

Reaction score
Didn't we have Kevin Smith starting that year? Everett was a boarder line pro bowler at the position, Washington had legit ball skills. Listen, I understand we need a better pass rush, but we need instinctive, ball hawks on the back-end. It certainly would help to more aggressive as well.
smith was drafted the year after. everett and washington were not anything special. When you rush the passer, you get the QB to make mistakes.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
smith was drafted the year after. everett and washington were not anything special. When you rush the passer, you get the QB to make mistakes.

I agree you need a strong pass rush, but you also need the right players on the back-end.

ondaedg

Reaction score
Had nothing to do with the players. Garrett was dead last in INTs and among the worst in takeaways for his entire tenure of 9+ years.