CFZ How Does the Narrative Change if We Beat Vikes? Plus Potential Silver Lining of GB Loss

817Gill

Reaction score
I stay off the forum during games because even if the team is playing well, people freak the heck out. It could be the 1st quarter and some fans lose their minds.
After a loss? 100x worse. Fire this guy and cut that guy, he sucks, the coaching is awful.

Now, I know we lost. I get it. I'd obviously rather they win. But, it's still Green Bay in Green Bay. There's still Aaron at QB. And Dallas has no issue finding ways to kill drives.

But take a breath, we're 6-3. The middle. Plenty of games left. It's better than losing in the playoffs. I think if fans go back and watch the game closely they can find things to build on and win more games. It's a choice to be miserable.
Dude what gets me is people who post “this is over” and “we are going to lose” two drives in.

I’ve come to the nice and neat explanation that these are super young chat room types but then again I may just be saying that to give them the benefit of the doubt lol.

Reactions: G2

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
First the potential silver lining of this GB loss:

-IF, and I know it’s a big if, we come out against Minny and truly learn from GB then it may be the best loss of the Mike McCarthy era.

-The team told us they learned from the time with Rush and moved towards a run-first offense. But as soon as we play a team that truly challenges us/is important they digressed right back into last year’s philosophy. In this loss that was painfully obvious. Hopefully it’s strong enough of a lesson to stop pivoting back to pass heavy O.

-Whether it’s Moore or Dak, we need to have finally learned our lesson about the risk taking and game scripts associated with 40+ pass attempts. If they show this understanding against Minnesota then it’s a huge step forward.

Now that we have an outline for potential silver lining from that loss. We turn to the main question of the thread.

If we go to Minnesota and beat them by playing the way we should play, how does that change the narrative?

I think it would eliminate the idea that the team this year can’t beat strong teams on the road. It would also chalk up last week’s loss as a tough OT road defeat versus a team playing for their season with a HOF QB leading the way. A lot less shameful than what’s been expressed this week by zoners.

What would change for you all if we beat Minny?
If this team can beat the Vikes than we are right back in the conversation, but I honestly can not see that happening, and I am the typical optimist.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Dude what gets me is people who post “this is over” and “we are going to lose” two drives in.

I’ve come to the nice and neat explanation that these are super young chat room types but then again I may just be saying that to give them the benefit of the doubt lol.
There are some really old dogs in this house that have been around the block a few times, trust me on that brother.

diamonddelts

Reaction score
This team is missing some nasty. Has been for years. The last MLB we had that actually brought physicality to the position was Rolando McClain.

They need some MEAN PLAYERS. Parsons is 1. They need more than that. On both sides.

Rolando was a TANK

StarOfGlory

Reaction score
After we beat the Vikings they will have the pressure of knowing the two teams they are competing with for the number one seed have beaten them. Us and Philly would hold the head-to-head tiebreaker over the Vikes.

817Gill

Reaction score
There are some really old dogs in this house that have been around the block a few times, trust me on that brother.
It’s one thing to say it at the end, but two drives in is asinine. I remember the beginning of the Lions game when Dak and Noah failed to connect people were posting they knew we’d lose.

At some point it just feels like people are hyperventilating at every play. But hey if that’s how they like to watch then go for it.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
I’ve never been one to put too much emphasis on games throughout the season.

It appears our only chance of getting there this year is Wildcard. So just win 10 and get hot at the right time. I don’t really care who we beat.
not saying it will happen but Philly and Giants aren't winning out, especially both still have 1 game against Dallas and they have to play each other twice.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
Depends....If Rush is the guy...then he should have never been replaced.

plasticman

Reaction score
Have you noticed the way that the narrative has changed for the Packers after defeating the Cowboys?

Most likely, it would be something comparable to that.

Roland

Reaction score
If this team can beat the Vikes than we are right back in the conversation, but I honestly can not see that happening, and I am the typical optimist.
I am right there with you. Can we beat the VIkings, sure we can. And if we do, we will have proven something to ourselves a little bit. Will have shown that we can learn from our mistakes and can fix ou issues. The bigger question is, Will we beat the Vikings? I would not bet any of my money on a win this weekend. This has the potential to be back to back losses and would seem to solidify the notion that we are still the same old same old Cowboys. Have got to be able to stop the run, and so far, we have not proven that we can do that. Vikings are going to follow the blueprint. We shall see if we can adapt and overcome. I just dont have alot of confidence of a win this weekend.

Aven8

Reaction score
It will make my Sunday for one. But it only last 4 days. Beat both Minny and Gents in a week? Than we are sailing high again with a mini bye.

I don’t think you will see the same gameplan until Zeke is back. Moore is a uncomfortable play caller when he’s not in there.

And lastly what came out of the GB loss that no one has been talking about was how many plays we ran. 88 I believe with 39 rushes and 49 pass plays. While that’s too many pass plays the more plays you have generally the better success.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Losing to GB leaves a bad taste, so I get where you're coming from. The way I see it is if we can't beat teams like Minn, then we have no business being in the playoffs. Then I'm just along for the ride.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I stay off the forum during games because even if the team is playing well, people freak the heck out. It could be the 1st quarter and some fans lose their minds.
After a loss? 100x worse. Fire this guy and cut that guy, he sucks, the coaching is awful.

Now, I know we lost. I get it. I'd obviously rather they win. But, it's still Green Bay in Green Bay. There's still Aaron at QB. And Dallas has no issue finding ways to kill drives.

But take a breath, we're 6-3. The middle. Plenty of games left. It's better than losing in the playoffs. I think if fans go back and watch the game closely they can find things to build on and win more games. It's a choice to be miserable.
I'm with you! It's no fun at all. And that is what all this is SUPPOSED to be about. A FUN diversion from hardships in life.

Some take it too seriously, and think their opinion matters or affects people in certain ways.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
I'm with you! It's no fun at all. And that is what all this is SUPPOSED to be about. A FUN diversion from hardships in life.

Some take it too seriously, and think their opinion matters or affects people in certain ways.
I'd feel different if I were on the team. But everything is out of our control as fans.

BlueStar22

Reaction score
I don't think the narrative changes. I actually see us beating Minnesota and losing to the Giants on Thanksgiving Day.