How does Zeke's recent incident affect his extension?

J12B

Reaction score
Zeke now has 3 incidents off the field that demonstrate he has poor decision making ability.

Before the security guard altercation, I was all for extending him.

Now, I don't see how throwing 70 million at him will change him for the better.

Let him play out his 5th year option and let him walk after the end of next season.

Not everyone can get paid and I'd rather have the front office allocate cap resources to a player that can be counted on and doesn't have to worry about a TMZ story every off season or worse.

DO NOT EXTEND ZEKE.

StarBoyz83

Reaction score
Zeke now has 3 incidents off the field that demonstrate he has poor decision making ability.

Let him play out his 5th year option and let him walk after the end of next season.

Not everyone can get paid and I'd rather have the front office allocate cap resources to a player that can be counted on and doesn't have to worry about a TMZ story every off season or worse.

DO NOT EXTEND ZEKE.

I wouldnt sign him this offseason.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score

DO NOT EXTEND ZEKE.
Not much. Assault, even when on video, is no big deal. Zeke knows this.

ColoradoCowboy

Reaction score
It doesn't affect resigning him at all. We were always going to resign him and I believe that we were always going to add a "good conduct clause" to the new deal. Now we just have more cause for adding that clause to the contract.

Pompey-Cowboy

Reaction score
I've never advocated giving a RB big money, no matter how good he is/they are. Ride him as long as you can then dump him and sign the next one.

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Tag him next year, take the picks if offered, if not sign him after trade deadline.
I like Zeke, but you don't need a Zeke to win. 2 #1s can keep you on top and keep replenishing your lines which keep you on top.

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Reaction score
There is no huge benefit to signing him longterm

They control the next 3 years for 4m, 9m and 12m tops.... with 0m guaranteed

I think he has proven to not get it.....he likes to party too much and will get suspended again at some point
The next four years if they tag him twice.

DallasDW00ds0n

Reaction score
I hope it cheapens his contract but it wont. If we dont pay him, someone else will

Scotman

Reaction score
I don't think it has a big impact. That said, it would for me. It's like I watched a different video than every one else. I saw someone get in a girl's face, stumbling around drunk and then act aggressively towards someone he had no business even talking to. I get it that everyone says the other guy took a flop. But we aren't talking about hiring this guy for twice minimum wage or something. We are looking at paying him tens of millions of dollars.

We need him. I want him here. But he can't go around assaulting people and I still feel comfortable with him representing me.

ItzKelz

Reaction score
I personally think Zeke has an alcohol problem. If the team cares anything about Zeke they should make him wait for a contract and go to counseling for his apparent drinking problem. If he refuses then LeVeon Bell him and try to find his replacement in the draft. Zeke only has about 3 years left in his prime anyways.

InTheZone

Reaction score
I personally think Zeke has an alcohol problem. If the team cares anything about Zeke they should make him wait for a contract and go to counseling for his apparent drinking problem. If he refuses then LeVeon Bell him and try to find his replacement in the draft. Zeke only has about 3 years left in his prime anyways.
You're assuming a lot. I agree if there's an issue the team needs to get the help or move on. But what exactly is the tolerance level since I know for a fact other players go to practice or play games after a sip or taking a hit.