How does Zeke's recent incident affect his extension?

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Zeke now has 3 incidents off the field that demonstrate he has poor decision making ability.

Before the security guard altercation, I was all for extending him.

Now, I don't see how throwing 70 million at him will change him for the better.

Let him play out his 5th year option and let him walk after the end of next season.

Not everyone can get paid and I'd rather have the front office allocate cap resources to a player that can be counted on and doesn't have to worry about a TMZ story every off season or worse.

DO NOT EXTEND ZEKE.

I would never pay a RB 16 million anyway. But yah, after all his stupidity, definitely not.

The truth is that he hasn't earned it. He's not a leader on this team, hes a fool. I take up his 5th year option and then if he is sooo good on the field, then I franchise him for a few years. By year #7 he will be toast anyway. Let him walk. We should easily be able to find a few good back in the draft by then.

MyUnderAppreciatedQB

Reaction score
Really? wow, just wow. A young man has some drinks as every other guy is age does. But since he is a celebrity he has an alcohol problem. wow.

I, 100 percent agree with you. Zeke is 23 years old, and I definitely didn’t make the best decisions at that age so I empathize with him. But because of his value to the team, the overreactions are insane. This incident will have no effect to Zeke being extended.

MyUnderAppreciatedQB

Reaction score
Really? wow, just wow. A young man has some drinks as every other guy is age does. But since he is a celebrity he has an alcohol problem. wow.

I, 100 percent agree with you. Zeke is 23 years old, and I definitely didn’t make the best decisions at that age so I empathize with him. But because of his value to the team, the overreactions are insane. This incident will have no effect to Zeke being extended.

cowboyblue22

Reaction score
the jones say it wont make any difference they are going to extend him regardless

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I've said this before but wasn't the same thing said about Murray when we let him go?

Zeke is a large part of this offense and a major threat. Great Oline or not...take him away and we will be at 500 or below.
No

LandryFan

Proud Native Texan, USMC-1972-79, USN-1983-2000
Reaction score
I've never advocated giving a RB big money, no matter how good he is/they are. Ride him as long as you can then dump him and sign the next one.
If that were to be the FO's approach toward RB's, then they should never draft one as highly as they drafted Zeke. If you're going to invest that much draft capital, then rest assured the plan/hope is that said player is intended to be a two contract player, at least.

John813

Reaction score
I expect his new deal to be loaded with clauses.
Like the Lee deal but this time bonuses or clauses if he finds himself in off the field issues

ultron

Reaction score
I'm certain it will be a negative bargaining chip against him. Rightfully so. Really bad timing on zeke's part. Doubt his agent liked it.

The man should have 3 rushing titles in 3 years, he'll be the highest paid running back in the league whether it's with the Cowboys or not.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
This is the answer ...and adding the fourth tagged year should it be a viable option.

Just be sure to have a solid backup should he decide to hold out.

Oh, please note that tagged years are guaranteed.
not until they are applied

Sydla

Reaction score
And with a camera basically following him around, they will not show the times he and Dak or whoever went out and had only 1 or 2 beers either.

You realize this doesn't help your case, right?

Yes, the cameras won't show him out at a bar, with some friends, getting some food and drinks and having a good time. That's the whole damn point. There's a way to have fun and hang with friends that doesn't get you in trouble.

TexasHillbilly

Reaction score

Yes, the cameras won't show him out at a bar, with some friends, getting some food and drinks and having a good time. That's the whole damn point. There's a way to have fun and hang with friends that doesn't get you in trouble.
Apparently not in Zeke's case. :laugh:

ItzKelz

Reaction score
You're assuming a lot. I agree if there's an issue the team needs to get the help or move on. But what exactly is the tolerance level since I know for a fact other players go to practice or play games after a sip or taking a hit.
If other players had multiple video evidence of how alcohol makes them act out of moral character then they should be handle accordingly. I have a good friend that when she drinks she acts rudely to everyone but when sober she is the nicest person you would ever meet. My concern is as a fan but I think the organization should be concerned with the person as well.

ItzKelz

Reaction score
As a young man when I had drinks I never pulled down my girlfriends blouse in public....nor did I try to punk a security guard that I was physically bigger than. Zeke has had this rep since before he was drafted.....Ohio St's own Chris Carter has been saying this before Zeke was ever a Cowboy.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

What case? I am not making a case for anything. Just made a few statements.
Don't take it so literal. I guess you need to rethink what I posted. So here it is again. They DO NOT post those times they are out to have fun, and NOTHING happens. I mean what fun is that to say hey, Zeke had some fun and there was no incidences.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
As a young man when I had drinks I never pulled down my girlfriends blouse in public....nor did I try to punk a security guard that I was physically bigger than. Zeke has had this rep since before he was drafted.....Ohio St's own Chris Carter has been saying this before Zeke was ever a Cowboy.

You mean Chris Carter where the only thing they had in common was they both went to OSU. That does not make him an expert on Zeke.
But hey, whatever, I don't really care. I make my comments and a few want to argue like it all really means something. So go ahead.

ItzKelz

Reaction score
You mean Chris Carter where the only thing they had in common was they both went to OSU. That does not make him an expert on Zeke.
But hey, whatever, I don't really care. I make my comments and a few want to argue like it all really means something. So go ahead.
I'm not arguing just a conversation because you replied to me. I personally think that Zeke needs intervention. I find what Chris Carter said to be factual considering that exactly what he said was going to happen is happening.

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
You can bet there will be some money voidable with suspension on his next contract, no matter who he signs it with.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'm not arguing just a conversation because you replied to me. I personally think that Zeke needs intervention. I find what Chris Carter said to be factual considering that exactly what he said was going to happen is happening.

Maybe so, will just have to wait and see. But to go by what the team says, they are fine with Zeke and do not have those concerns.
So I will go with what the team says over a known Dallas hater. Though sometimes Carter can say some good things only when the facts present themselves where he can't just say stuff that flows out of his overly opinionated mouth.