How fired up would you be if we had the Eagles off-season right now?

XXLMike

Reaction score
If we had the exact same off-season that the Eagles are having right now….

Whack The entire staff except the head coach.

And go balls to the wall in unrestricted free agency.

We would all be joking for joy if Saquon Barkley was going to run the football in Dallas next year.

What A depressing day.’

All the way for all you rose colored glass fans we still haven’t gotten to the bottom line of why Prescott and CD lamb or arguing from the first place onwards in the biggest game of their lives on national television.

This subject has been brushed over, but there’s something up.

Sydla

Reaction score
Let's be clear.

What Philly is doing may not work. We may all look back a year from now and Barkley was hurt and barely played, Huff turned back into a pumpkin, etc.

But I think at this point, what makes some Cowboys fans jealous is that the Eagles are willing to change it up, change up their strategy, cut bait early on guys that are mistakes, etc. They acknowledge their shortcomings, they come up with a plan to address it and rightfully or wrongfully are aggressive in executing that plan.

What we have is a GM who is afraid to admit mistakes, whose ego prevents him from admitting mistakes, who is too arrogant to admit mistakes and basically repeats the same thing each and every offseason because he's tricked himself into believing he's smart than everyone else.

Sydla

Reaction score
They overpaid both players. If I was an Eagles fan I would be pissed off.
They won't care if they end up back in the playoffs and make another SB run.

What you are doing is just trying to rationalize away the fact the Cowboys are likely repeating the same flawed offseason strategy that they've employed for nearly a decade now that results in basically the same product over and over - not good enough to make a run.

It makes us feel better if we can convince ourselves our divisional rivals are being stupid.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Let's be clear.

What Philly is doing may not work. We may all look back a year from now and Barkley was hurt and barely played, Huff turned back into a pumpkin, etc.

But I think at this point, what makes some Cowboys fans jealous is that the Eagles are willing to change it up, change up their strategy, cut bait early on guys that are mistakes, etc. They acknowledge their shortcomings, they come up with a plan to address it and rightfully or wrongfully are aggressive in executing that plan.

What we have is a GM who is afraid to admit mistakes, whose ego prevents him from admitting mistakes, who is too arrogant to admit mistakes and basically repeats the same thing each and every offseason because he's tricked himself into believing he's smart than everyone else.
This I definitely agree with.
:thumbup:

stiletto

Reaction score
The Iggles overpaid. Barkley will have to stay healthy and win the rushing title every year for that contract to be worth it.

The Cowboys can't do anything seriously because of Dak's contract. It is what it is. Welcome to Moneyball ..

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
If we had the exact same off-season that the Eagles are having right now….

Whack The entire staff except the head coach.

And go balls to the wall in unrestricted free agency.

We would all be joking for joy if Saquon Barkley was going to run the football in Dallas next year.

What A depressing day.’

All the way for all you rose colored glass fans we still haven’t gotten to the bottom line of why Prescott and CD lamb or arguing from the first place onwards in the biggest game of their lives on national television.

This subject has been brushed over, but there’s something up.
It was brushed over because there’s nothing to it. Well, you haters are trying but peeing on the wrong tree.

Carson

Reaction score
Let's be clear.

THIS!!!

I don’t think going after big names is always smart.

But to expect them to fill LT, RB, C, MLB, DT, CB in one draft is insane

John813

Reaction score
I would be upset. You don't use free agency at all to build a roster.
You use those 7 picks and UDFA to build a 53 man roster.

I mean, someone like Tom Brady signed a free agent deal and was out of the league in a few years. It just doesn't pay off.

Sydla

Reaction score
I would be upset. You don't use free agency at all to build a roster.
You use those 7 picks and UDFA to build a 53 man roster.

I mean, someone like Tom Brady signed a free agent deal and was out of the league in a few years. It just doesn't pay off.
I can't tell if this is a serious post.

John813

Reaction score
I can't tell if this is a serious post.
GHXPQxl-WMAAYSy2.jpg

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
  • RB Saquon Barkley: Signing a three-year, $37.75 million contract. (Ian Rapoport)- overpaid but if healthy he's a good RB
  • TE Albert Okwuegbunam: Signed to a one-year extension. (Team)
  • OG Landon Dickerson: Agreed to a four-year, $84 million extension that has a max value of $87 million and includes $50 million guaranteed. Dickerson was entering the final year of his rookie contract. (Ian Rapoport) looking like an ok deal with others getting 100million deals
  • Edge Brandon Graham: Agreed to a one-year extension. (Team) no brainer for them
  • Edge Bryce Huff: Signing a three-year, $51.1 million contract. (Mike Garafolo) lost riddick but gained a solid player
  • LB Julian Okwara: Signed to a free-agent contract. (Team)

Really the only problem i'd have is with Barkley if I cared about the igglets. But you can't say they sat and watched free agency go by without making moves to address their needs.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
What you are doing is just trying to rationalize away the fact the Cowboys are likely repeating the same flawed offseason strategy that they've employed for nearly a decade now that results in basically the same product over and over - not good enough to make a run.
Overpaying in FA on day one isn't smart. No matter what team your talking about.

Some of these deals announced are insane.

Sydla

Reaction score
  • RB Saquon Barkley: Signing a three-year, $37.75 million contract. (Ian Rapoport)- overpaid but if healthy he's a good RB
  • TE Albert Okwuegbunam: Signed to a one-year extension. (Team)
  • OG Landon Dickerson: Agreed to a four-year, $84 million extension that has a max value of $87 million and includes $50 million guaranteed. Dickerson was entering the final year of his rookie contract. (Ian Rapoport) looking like an ok deal with others getting 100million deals
  • Edge Brandon Graham: Agreed to a one-year extension. (Team) no brainer for them
  • Edge Bryce Huff: Signing a three-year, $51.1 million contract. (Mike Garafolo) lost riddick but gained a solid player
  • LB Julian Okwara: Signed to a free-agent contract. (Team)

Really the only problem i'd have is with Barkley if I cared about the igglets. But you can't say they sat and watched free agency go by without making moves to address their needs.
Probably not done either. I suspect they will also look to the FA safety market as well. CJ Gardner-Johnson maybe?