How fired up would you be if we had the Eagles off-season right now?

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
They overpaid both players. If I was an Eagles fan I would be pissed off.
What if it leads to another super bowl while Jerry and Stephen continue making more empty promises to their fanbase with no intent of following through?

Sydla

Reaction score
Overpaying in FA on day one isn't smart. No matter what team your talking about.

Some of these deals announced are insane.
Again, this is simply you trying to justify Dallas' complete inaction in addressing clear needs.

At this point, I trust the team that has played in two SBs in 6 years to know better how to build a roster and manage the cap than Jerry.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
If we had the exact same off-season that the Eagles are having right now….

Whack The entire staff except the head coach.

And go balls to the wall in unrestricted free agency.

We would all be joking for joy if Saquon Barkley was going to run the football in Dallas next year.

What A depressing day.’

All the way for all you rose colored glass fans we still haven’t gotten to the bottom line of why Prescott and CD lamb or arguing from the first place onwards in the biggest game of their lives on national television.

This subject has been brushed over, but there’s something up.
Do yall ever get tired of doing this lol? Yall were depressed and crying last year and they lost to the damn Buccs lol.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Again, this is simply you trying to justify Dallas' complete inaction in addressing clear needs.

At this point, I trust the team that has played in two SBs in 6 years to know better how to build a roster and manage the cap than Jerry.
You are another one who do this every year. You hype up Eagles and what did they do last year? Sucked just like we did.

LysleE

Reaction score
While it is true that the Eagles might have overpaid for free agents, keeping in mind that a player’s value is a composite of both objective and subjective markers; and their coaching staff has experienced extensive turnover; their FO is taking steps to become more competitive and aren’t afraid to take some risk…this is the Eagles DNA.
Conversely, the Cowboys FO does not pay for free agents and are reluctant to make personnel and coaching changes; clinging to the mantra of “we like our guys.” IMHO it seems Dallas’ FO is almost always reactive, while the better-run teams are proactive.
It will be interesting to see if the Cowboys make any moves, or hold true to their historical inactivity despite other teams within the division making moves to improve their teams.

XXLMike

Reaction score
Let's be clear.

What Philly is doing may not work. We may all look back a year from now and Barkley was hurt and barely played, Huff turned back into a pumpkin, etc.

But I think at this point, what makes some Cowboys fans jealous is that the Eagles are willing to change it up, change up their strategy, cut bait early on guys that are mistakes, etc. They acknowledge their shortcomings, they come up with a plan to address it and rightfully or wrongfully are aggressive in executing that plan.

What we have is a GM who is afraid to admit mistakes, whose ego prevents him from admitting mistakes, who is too arrogant to admit mistakes and basically repeats the same thing each and every offseason because he's tricked himself into believing he's smart than everyone else.
Let’s be clear they are far and away better than Dallas.

cowboys5xsbs

Reaction score
People would be mad because we overpaid for trash and now they want fo praise Philly it's funny.

XXLMike

Reaction score
Do yall ever get tired of doing this lol? Yall were depressed and crying last year and they lost to the damn Buccs lol.
Do you ever get tired of saying y’all? Might be the dumbest expression in the United States.
What am I doing ? I haven’t posted since Green Bay - I came here for that all in promise .

Virginia-Dave

Reaction score
They won't care if they end up back in the playoffs and make another SB run.

What you are doing is just trying to rationalize away the fact the Cowboys are likely repeating the same flawed offseason strategy that they've employed for nearly a decade now that results in basically the same product over and over - not good enough to make a run.

It makes us feel better if we can convince ourselves our divisional rivals are being stupid.
The Eagles front office actually tries. That's the difference. The Cowboys brain trust sits on their hands and does nothing year after year during free agency. You can't build a Super Bowl contender without adding at least some talent through free agency or trades. The Cowboys front office thinks they can build strictly from the draft, and with a few cheap leftovers that no other team wants. That's not how it works.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Do you ever get tired of saying y’all? Might be the dumbest expression in the United States.
What am I doing ? I haven’t posted since Green Bay - I came here for that all in promise .
Well I’m from Texas and we say “yall”…give me a replacement.

cowboys5xsbs

Reaction score
The Eagles front office actually tries. That's the difference. The Cowboys brain trust sits on their hands and does nothing year after year during free agency. You can't build a Super Bowl contender without adding at least some talent through free agency or trades. The Cowboys front office thinks they can build strictly from the draft, and with a few cheap leftovers that no other team wants. That's not how it works.
Yea and they flame our more than the succeed you just won't admit that.

hornitosmonster

Reaction score
Didn't they have two huge players retire? Yeah... they are thrilled about losing major locker room leaders

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
They'll rebuild faster then we will. I do know that because they've done it before. So in the meantime lets just laugh at their shortcomings forgetting they handed us the NFCE title and we did nothing with it. We looked like the worst team in the playoffs.