How fired up would you be if we had the Eagles off-season right now?

XXLMike

Reaction score
They weren’t last year. And no one knows a damned thing about the upcoming season Mr. “The Giants are gonna kill us in Week 1.”
Last year ? They have a new staff and star RB plus picks .

Stop

XXLMike

Reaction score
They'll rebuild faster then we will. I do know that because they've done it before. So in the meantime lets just laugh at their shortcomings forgetting they handed us the NFCE title and we did nothing with it. We looked like the worst team in the playoffs.
THey won a Super Bowl, then tore down and then rebuilt with Jalen hurts -top five and now are tearing it down again and rebuild it again before we have rebuilt once with the clown we have a quarterback.

starfan1

Reaction score
It’s funny the Eagles fans I know bragged about not having to spend big money on running back like we do just a year later to justify it. My how things change.
honestly dont know how much better barkley is than Swift with that line well see. They have one of the best lines in football well see if it moves the needle much. they already were close to 130 YPG wasnt they?Does the addition of Barkley make Hurts run less? well see if the loss of Kelce is a big one lots of questions to be answered in Philly yet

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
honestly dont know how much better barkley is than Swift with that line well see. They have one of the best lines in football well see if it moves the needle much. they already were close to 130 YPG wasnt they?Does the addition of Barkley make Hurts run less? well see if the loss of Kelce is a big one lots of questions to be answered in Philly yet
They just stopped using Swift. I didn’t understand it. Swift was good when he got carries.

xxxx

Reaction score
simple question - do we expect to go to superbowl without any signings or making major changes? Yes, they can fail BUT atleast they gave it a shot ; better than sitting on our *****. "Hope is NOT a strategy"...lets keep waiting like last 30 yrs jackasses

Jarntt

Reaction score
If we had the exact same off-season that the Eagles are having right now….

Whack The entire staff except the head coach.

And go balls to the wall in unrestricted free agency.

We would all be joking for joy if Saquon Barkley was going to run the football in Dallas next year.

What A depressing day.’

All the way for all you rose colored glass fans we still haven’t gotten to the bottom line of why Prescott and CD lamb or arguing from the first place onwards in the biggest game of their lives on national television.

This subject has been brushed over, but there’s something up.
So they signed one guy (a RB to a huge deal in an era when they are becoming marginalized) and fired some crappy coaches and kept a HC that many (most?) wanted fired, who lost the entire team and brought in an OC many here booed out of town. All this after having one of the worst train wreck finishes to a season ever and we are supposed to be jealous? I would have thought Only an Eagles fan could think such a thing

MikeT22

Reaction score
They will fill half of those spots with players either past their prime or guys off the couch.

It's just what they do
Exactly. We will wait for players to get released/cut. Sign some guys near the end of their careers to one/two yr deals then rinse and repeat next year.

advent11

Reaction score
They overpaid players and had devastating losses in Kelce and Cox. We're the heavy favorites to win the division again.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
THIS!!!

I don’t think going after big names is always smart.

But to expect them to fill LT, RB, C, MLB, DT, CB in one draft is insane
They won't fill all those spots in the draft. They will sign some cheap FAs to fill some of them and "promote" from within for others. For example, LT will probably be filled by Tyler with Bass taking over at LG or possibly Richards winning the LT job and Tyler staying at LG.

The Joneses like to go into every draft with no absolute needs, so they will have bodies to fill each of those positions, even if the bodies aren't very good.

Blue&Silver

Reaction score
Not really a great off-season. The Eagles can't sign many players because they have so many draft picks they need to have space for on the roster. They also don't have a lot of Space. It's why they are trying to trade talent.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
What the Eagles have done doesn't move the needle for me. The DE they signed is a flier pick and not guaranteed to be better than what they have. And signing Barkley just means Dallas has to face him twice a year in a different uniform this time.

ICP

Reaction score
I'd settle for just one decent signing instead of this waiting for the leftovers philosophy. At least make an effort to get better especially after you mouth off all of that 'All In' garbage

Gator70

Reaction score
Let's be clear.

What Philly is doing may not work. We may all look back a year from now and Barkley was hurt and barely played, Huff turned back into a pumpkin, etc.

But I think at this point, what makes some Cowboys fans jealous is that the Eagles are willing to change it up, change up their strategy, cut bait early on guys that are mistakes, etc. They acknowledge their shortcomings, they come up with a plan to address it and rightfully or wrongfully are aggressive in executing that plan.

What we have is a GM who is afraid to admit mistakes, whose ego prevents him from admitting mistakes, who is too arrogant to admit mistakes and basically repeats the same thing each and every offseason because he's tricked himself into believing he's smart than everyone else.
they are going all in

Cowboysheelsreds053

Reaction score
Let's be clear.

What Philly is doing may not work. We may all look back a year from now and Barkley was hurt and barely played, Huff turned back into a pumpkin, etc.

But I think at this point, what makes some Cowboys fans jealous is that the Eagles are willing to change it up, change up their strategy, cut bait early on guys that are mistakes, etc. They acknowledge their shortcomings, they come up with a plan to address it and rightfully or wrongfully are aggressive in executing that plan.

What we have is a GM who is afraid to admit mistakes, whose ego prevents him from admitting mistakes, who is too arrogant to admit mistakes and basically repeats the same thing each and every offseason because he's tricked himself into believing he's smart than everyone else.

Bingo, as my high school baseball coach use to say, you are going to strikeout playing this game, much have you going down being aggressive than with you posing with the bat on your shoulders.