How good are we

sportsman

Reaction score
Being a Cowboys fan we all know how we as fans over react to each game. When we win we are the greatest team. When we lose every player & coach are bums. So after 2 games how can we objectively judge this team. They are 1-1 with 14 games to go. Better than being 0-2. Nothing like a embarrassing loss to rally the team. In the next few weeks we will found out a lot about this team. There aren't any cupcakes on this schedule. So please fans let's all just smile & be happy for a few more weeks. Go Cowboys!

ShiningStar

Reaction score
we dont know yet. as i said, when we play the Giants thats not a good indication, both teams really step up. This loss wasnt fair either. Either the real Dak is showing up, or Linehan and crew cant get him prepped.

I said dont expect anything this year, let those young guys play and make mistakes and learn the game. Now next year might be in jeaopardy because i dont have faith in Stephen to stand up and say "enough is enough Dad"

Regardless of what Garrett chooses to do, the Cardinals are going to dictate who we are. They beat us, we arent that good, we win, its possible its going to be a mirage that Garrett sells to Jones and this coaching crew gets a stay of execution. Personally i would have wiped them out and got a young coaching crew to grow with this young team and have no loyalties to certain players that can be let go. Thats my opinion.

bark

Reaction score
I think most rational people looked at this team as a work in progress.
You don't replace an entire veteran secondary with rookies and not experience growing pains.
I am personally hopeful we can use this debacle as motivation to improve and by the end of the year have a cohesive group on defense that can pick off a few passes.
We may be a year away from having it together enough for a deep playoff run.
It will be an interesting watch for sure

Sydla

Reaction score
Not as bad as yesterday but we aren't a 13 win team. We probably are a 9-10 win team that will be fighting for our playoff lives.

Philly, with their front seven, is suddenly a scary game.

davey999

Reaction score
this is an 8-8 or 9-7 team. Defense is not better and may have regressed.

Sydla

Reaction score
I think most rational people looked at this team as a work in progress.
You don't replace an entire veteran secondary with rookies and not experience growing pains.
I am personally hopeful we can use this debacle as motivation to improve and by the end of the year have a cohesive group on defense that can pick off a few passes.
We may be a year away from having it together enough for a deep playoff run.
It will be an interesting watch for sure

And therein lies the mistake. You were a 13 win team that was a few plays from a NFC title game.

To rip apart the secondary and bring in crappy vets like Carroll was a massive mistake. They could have still drafted CBs while bringing in better vet CBs.

Sydla

Reaction score
We know how you react not me.

They're a middle of the road team that was very poorly prepared for the season.

I fear we are still looking at 2-3 more years of Garrett. I also think Philly will zoom past us over that time. They field a legit D and are building a competent offense.

Silver N Blue

Reaction score
I stick by my 9-7 claim and no playoffs. Until Red is replaced I just don't see this team taking the next step.

Daillest88

Reaction score
Lmao at some of you. I guarantee Denver will be our hardest game all year, there's a reason there like 19-1 since 2000 in there first couple home games. We were out coached, exhausted, Denver also has a top 3 pass rush, and probably the best secondary in all of football, eagles have a good front 7 ,secondary is garbage, when Wentz had pressure in his face in the 4th he couldn't complete crap, this love for eagles is hilarious, they started off good last year too, and boom. Cowboys will bounce back, as I said we won't play a defense like that and in that environment for a long time. Denver also has very good receivers too. We need scandrick back and Carroll the hell out of Dallas

MagicMan

Reaction score
It is difficult to determine what kind of team it will be until towards the last half of the season. Too many missing pieces at defense from suspensions, injury and inexperience. It still confuses me why hamstrings always seem to be an issue with this team. What concerns me right now is the offense that was supposed to carry the team early, Dak is inconsistent and off on his throws and has not seemed comfortable at all, the highly rated Oline is in a funk and the game plans have been again a failure. We should know that teams are going to stack the box and be able to counter that. but we still try to force our will and have too many 3rd and longs. Dez insists on battling cornerbacks instead of getting open.

But at this point, we are looking at a .500 team if things aren't straightened out. Back to .500 mark which is typical of Garrett teams.

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It's too early to say what we are, but what we saw yesterday was troubling. I thought D-Law had given us the necessary spark, but we reverted right back to horrible play in almost every aspect. Time will tell.

Sydla

Reaction score
Lmao at some of you. I guarantee Denver will be our hardest game all year, there's a reason there like 19-1 since 2000 in there first couple home games. We were out coached, exhausted, Denver also has a top 3 pass rush, and probably the best secondary in all of football, eagles have a good front 7 ,secondary is garbage, when Wentz had pressure in his face in the 4th he couldn't complete crap, this love for eagles is hilarious, they started off good last year too, and boom. Cowboys will bounce back, as I said we won't play a defense like that and in that environment for a long time. Denver also has very good receivers too. We need scandrick back and Carroll the hell out of Dallas

Honestly with the way the coaches called the game and with Dak compounding the problem with nothing but short stuff, this team is going to have a major problem with Philly. Their front seven is loaded, they will have a good chance at also stuffing the run, and they can get after the QB. It won't matter how bad their secondary might be if the game plan matches what we saw yesterday.

And sure, Wentz had issues yesterday in the 4th with pressure. Guess what? We don't really pressure the QB very well and we don't cover well. That's not a good recipe for facing a guy like Wentz, who has his own flaws.

They better figure this out or don't be surprised if Philly gives us real problems this year.

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score

At Atlanta
At Raiders

Vs Green Bay
Vs KC
Vs Seattle

The schedule doesn't get much easier as the year goes on.

Sydla

Reaction score
It is difficult to determine what kind of team it will be until towards the last half of the season. Too many missing pieces at defense from suspensions, injury and inexperience. It still confuses me why hamstrings always seem to be an issue with this team. What concerns me right now is the offense that was supposed to carry the team early, Dak is inconsistent and off on his throws and has not seemed comfortable at all, the highly rated Oline is in a funk and the game plans have been again a failure. We should know that teams are going to stack the box and be able to counter that. but we still try to force our will and have too many 3rd and longs. Dez insists on battling cornerbacks instead of getting open.

But at this point, we are looking at a .500 team if things aren't straightened out. Back to .500 mark which is typical of Garrett teams.

It's going to be an interesting situation if we go 8-8. A lot of fans and I think the Jones' family are going to have a real tough decision on their hands.......... blame Garrett or blame Prescott (who I suspect, if we go 8-8, probably had a come back to earth type of season).

Sydla

Reaction score
At Atlanta
At Raiders

Vs Green Bay
Vs KC
Vs Seattle

Yep. None are good matchups. Atlanta and their offense could shred this defense. They also can get after QBs, which as yesterday showed, is a real problem.

KC can get after the QB and Smith has weapons when he doesn't face pressure. Raiders will give the defense fits.

GB and Seattle might be the two easiest games on that list and neither is very easy.

Reaction score

It's so hilarious seeing people think that losing to Denver on the road, where they have like a 90% win rate at home in weeks 1 and 2 of the season means the season is over. Green Bay got dumpstered by Atlanta last night too, I guess their season is over too.

If we beat the Cardinals and Rams the next two weeks easily, everybody will be back on the hype train going into the Packers game, where we'll either win and be champion caliber again or lose and the season's over again. It's so silly.

Daillest88

Reaction score
Honestly with the way the coaches called the game and with Dak compounding the problem with nothing but short stuff, this team is going to have a major problem with Philly. Their front seven is loaded, they will have a good chance at also stuffing the run, and they can get after the QB. It won't matter how bad their secondary might be if the game plan matches what we saw yesterday.

And sure, Wentz had issues yesterday in the 4th with pressure. Guess what? We don't really pressure the QB very well and we don't cover well. That's not a good recipe for facing a guy like Wentz, who has his own flaws.

They better figure this out or don't be surprised if Philly gives us real problems this year.

Philly always gives us problems, they run defense might not be the same as last year, and I do know this ,Dez does own the eagles, and there corners aren't good at all. When we play the eagles we do put pressure on there qbs, we did last year when we played too. Jenkins looks like he's lost a step too. So yes there front 7 are top 5 , but there secondary not impressive at all

Daillest88

Reaction score
At Atlanta
At Raiders

Vs Green Bay
Vs KC
Vs Seattle

Yup but everyone in our division plays those teams too.....well KC and the raiders.. Denver at home in the first month with that talent , very very hard to beat. I see a
3-2 record with those teams

Daillest88

Reaction score
It's so hilarious seeing people think that losing to Denver on the road, where they have like a 90% win rate at home in weeks 1 and 2 of the season means the season is over. Green Bay got dumpstered by Atlanta last night too, I guess their season is over too.

If we beat the Cardinals and Rams the next two weeks easily, everybody will be back on the hype train going into the Packers game, where we'll either win and be champion caliber again or lose and the season's over again. It's so silly.

Denver has a 95% win rate in weeks 1 and 2 :grin: