How Good Are We?

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Team records will say who the best team is for me I'm only interested in being the best team on game day. Meaning throw out the record line them up and lets play, all the stats in the world or media praise means nothing on game day, 2 teams enter 1 team leaves to fight another day

Cebrin

Reaction score
Team records will say who the best team is for me I'm only interested in being the best team on game day. Meaning throw out the record line them up and lets play, all the stats in the world or media praise means nothing on game day, 2 teams enter 1 team leaves to fight another day
That's why I always respect the any given Sunday.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
That's why I always respect the any given Sunday.

I think Dallas is capable of beating any team they face. Everyone who will enter the playoffs have strength and weakness and while stats and records will be talked about the only true proving ground is on the field. I honestly do not care who we will have to face.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
3-5 in the NFC with the Bears and Seahawks. With a formula to beat 1 or 2 if everything goes right.

I think that's fair.

davidariust24

Reaction score
I think our defense can keep this team in ANY game vs anyone and any where, especially with Lee back as our third LB and a healthy Irving. I'd like to see Taco in the rotation again. Crawford is playing better than ever in my opinion. Collins and Woods are shutting down the run game. The secondary has reached a level they haven't been on in a long time. If we can get our red zone offense to start clicking look out because we can get down the field we just keep kicking FGs. If we get our redzone offense even 80 percent like it was in 2016, and the defense plays like it has been , I think we can get to the big dance

panchucko

It's Back
Reaction score
I don’t know how good we really are but I am waiting for the weekly we don’t need to win this game thread. It seems to be working

gmb1

Reaction score
Well considering we were 3-5 and everyone thought the season was over, I'd say pretty damn good.

northerncowboynation

Reaction score
Season is coming to an end. We've won 5 in a row. Say what you will, but I think we are better than we think. Is Dak on a learning curve? Yes. Is the O Line banged up? Yes. However, we have consistently played thru this to a point where I am on the fence. This team has the talent to destroy its opponents. That's not hyperbole. It's here.

20+ years of ups, and downs has created a divide in our fan base. We're not the same as we were in the golden age. We're a divided castle, arguing that our King is not worthy of his throne. We all have the same objective, but faith has withered in us elderly, and even those beyond.

Are we contenders? Or are we pretenders?

I see both every game. When Pittsburgh won with Rothlessturder, I didn't understand how it was possible. He's so much better now than then, but somehow they won despite his inefficiency.

Can this team do it? I don't think it's impossible. I think it's a stretch, but it's not the first time I saw lightening strike.

Cheers to optimism. Cheers to The Dallas Cowboys. Let's get 6!

See Eagles 2017. Starting QB goes down, backup comes in and lightning in a bottle. See also Brad Johnson leading the Bucs to a SB, most would say the defense. See also Dilfer leading a team to the SB. See also McMahon leading the Bears to the SB, again most would say the defense. See also Joe Flacco leading his team to the SB, again the defense. MY question is how good IS this defense. It's possible and at the end I would admit it was an improbable season. Hey I'm a Red Sox fan. 119 wins is highly improbable but I was there at the parade

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Season is coming to an end. We've won 5 in a row. Say what you will, but I think we are better than we think. Is Dak on a learning curve? Yes. Is the O Line banged up? Yes. However, we have consistently played thru this to a point where I am on the fence. This team has the talent to destroy its opponents. That's not hyperbole. It's here.

20+ years of ups, and downs has created a divide in our fan base. We're not the same as we were in the golden age. We're a divided castle, arguing that our King is not worthy of his throne. We all have the same objective, but faith has withered in us elderly, and even those beyond.

Are we contenders? Or are we pretenders?

I see both every game. When Pittsburgh won with Rothlessturder, I didn't understand how it was possible. He's so much better now than then, but somehow they won despite his inefficiency.

Can this team do it? I don't think it's impossible. I think it's a stretch, but it's not the first time I saw lightening strike.

Cheers to optimism. Cheers to The Dallas Cowboys. Let's get 6!

I don't see this team as a legitimate contender. Can they win a game or make a small run? Possibly, but they aren't going to plow through 4 great teams in the playoffs. They make way too many mistakes, bad coaching, and the Oline just isn't good enough. At some point these really good teams are going to make you pay.

Get the Oline back to top 5, get me a safety and a TE and I don't see why this team couldn't be a legitimate contender if not favored.