How good do we think the 2-0 Cowboys are?

Diehardblues

Reaction score
We are 100% a true contender.

Saints just took a big hit with Brees. Still there is the Rams, Falcons, Eagles, and Packers in the NFC that are all very very good. And all of those teams have a better D then we currently have. We will probably need the best record in the NFC.
If Dak continues at this level it elevates us to a true contender. No doubt.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
Neither the Giants or the Commanders are a top-16 team. My biggest concern is the defense. It has only 2 sacks, a good quarterback that is given time can torch any defense. Given up 44 first downs, 22 a game average. Rush average against is 5.6, though taking away Barkley's 59 yarder it's not that bad. On the other hand they've held the two teams to 20% on third downs, which is of course part of Marinelli's "bend don't break" defense, but still pretty good.

To give up 21 and 17 pts against weak teams is concerning as well. After seeing the Pats demolish our next opponent 43-0, if we don't obliterate the Fins, especially with Fitzpatrick gone, then I'm even more concerned.

Offense should be fine, funny how just a year ago many here were in agreement with the statement "Dallas has the worst set of receivers in the league", now to me we have the strongest, with Cooper, Gallup, Cobb, Street and Witten (hey, 2 tds in 2 games, he's finally being used right, after all these years). Wilson supposedly has potential, Jarwin had the 3-td game last year and a good long reception this game). Zeke up to 4.6 ypc, that's pretty good, and should get better this week.

No problem with special teams, our kicker has a 62 yd fg, Jones a steady punter. Don't really care about returns, so few kick returns these days and the offense can usually at least get deep enough into the other end of the field, even if they don't score, to let Jones pin them deep or get a touchback.

At this point I'm placing them in the top 10, would be higher if they'd beaten better teams.

Need at least 1 win against GB or Minn before I'd put them in the top 5....

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Yea, that’s practically a lock now with Brees out. I’m still not sure we’ll have a good measurement by then but we will soon enough in October.
Yeah, the Packers come to us the first week in October. That seems to always be a close game. Aaron Rodgers has said in the past he loves playing at our stadium because that's where he won his SB title. I hope we can make him less fond of our stadium next month.

J-man

Reaction score
As a whole I think we're pretty good. The offense seems to be very good and much improved. Time will tell us for sure if that is indeed the case as we get deeper into the schedule.
Our defense is scaring me a little and that may come back to haunt us down the stretch. I do think they aren't bad and can definitely improve. Again, time will tell us more.

But to judge the team as we are playing right now, I'd say we're are, at the very least, a playoff team.
And if we maintain our new found offensive prowess and can improve some on D, we're a legit Super Bowl contender.

Last edited:

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Probably not as good as we think they are with both Gallup and Woods due to be out for a while.

Colombiacowboy

Reaction score
Yea, that’s practically a lock now with Brees out. I’m still not sure we’ll have a good measurement by then but we will soon enough in October.
A lock? The Saints are still a talented team. Losing Brees hurts, but a lock? Not so sure about that.

jday

Reaction score
It’s being widely discussed with our two dominating offensive performances against two of our division rivals that we are one of the best teams in the league at this point.

How good are we? And can we really measure up with the opponents we’ve faced?

Are we as good or better than the 2-0 Rams? The 2-0 Packers, Seahawks or 49ers right now in NFC?

How about the 2-0 Patriots, Chiefs or Ravens?

I’d suggest we tone down the rhetoric until we beat someone with a winning record. We’re off to a good start. It’s been fun but I’d be careful becoming too full of ourselves just yet.
This make complete and total sense...for players.

InTheZone

Reaction score
we're doing what we're supposed to do against some of the worst teams in the NFL and we have more coming up. We keep doing what we're doing against these bad teams and we'll have a playoff spot wrapped up in no time. And key injuries are only going to help us along the way.

So far with how everything is going we look like prime candidates in the NFC to contend for a ring.

TheSkaven

Last Man Standing
Reaction score
we're doing what we're supposed to do against some of the worst teams in the NFL and we have more coming up. We keep doing what we're doing against these bad teams and we'll have a playoff spot wrapped up in no time. And key injuries are only going to help us along the way.

So far with how everything is going we look like prime candidates in the NFC to contend for a ring.

Yep. They’ll be favored in every game from here on out expect the Patriots and maybe, maybe the Eagles game. I even think they’ll be favored for the Rams game because it’s in Dallas.

the_h0wey

Reaction score
It’s being widely discussed with our two dominating offensive performances against two of our division rivals that we are one of the best teams in the league at this point.

How good are we? And can we really measure up with the opponents we’ve faced?

Are we as good or better than the 2-0 Rams? The 2-0 Packers, Seahawks or 49ers right now in NFC?

How about the 2-0 Patriots, Chiefs or Ravens?

I’d suggest we tone down the rhetoric until we beat someone with a winning record. We’re off to a good start. It’s been fun but I’d be careful becoming too full of ourselves just yet.
They are undefeated in my opinion

kskboys

Reaction score

WASH is more middle of the pack.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The Cowboys are the best or worst 2-0 team in the NFL. Can anyone prove or disprove either?

This is like asking someone how they like the movie when it's only 12.5% into it. Hell, the monsters haven't shown up yet.

I thought they would be 2-0 and think they will be 3-0, beyond that? Well, that's why I watch the games.