How good do we think the 2-0 Cowboys are?

TheSkaven

Last Man Standing
Reaction score
As Bill Parcells used to say, you are what your record says you are. We’re 2-0 and I think this team is really good. They’ve now win 9 of their last 10 regular season games.

I called 14-2 before the season and I’m sticking to it. This team is 14-2 good.

I don’t see them losing to the Dolphins, Saints, Packers or Jets. They’re not losing to the Eagles in Dallas, not to the Giants after the bye week. So that’s a 8-0 start.

I can only imagine this board then.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
It’s being widely discussed with our two dominating offensive performances against two of our division rivals that we are one of the best teams in the league at this point.

How good are we? And can we really measure up with the opponents we’ve faced?

Are we as good or better than the 2-0 Rams? The 2-0 Packers, Seahawks or 49ers right now in NFC?

How about the 2-0 Patriots, Chiefs or Ravens?

I’d suggest we tone down the rhetoric until we beat someone with a winning record. We’re off to a good start. It’s been fun but I’d be careful becoming too full of ourselves just yet.

We are 100% a true contender.

Saints just took a big hit with Brees. Still there is the Rams, Falcons, Eagles, and Packers in the NFC that are all very very good. And all of those teams have a better D then we currently have. We will probably need the best record in the NFC.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
As Bill Parcells used to say, you are what your record says you are. We’re 2-0 and I think this team is really good. They’ve now win 9 of their last 10 regular season games.

I don’t see them losing to the Dolphins, Saints, Packers or Jets. They’re not losing to the Eagles in Dallas, not to the Giants after the bye week. So that’s a 8-0 start.

14-2, that was mighty homerish of you. But looking more possible after Brees went down.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
It’s being widely discussed with our two dominating offensive performances against two of our division rivals that we are one of the best teams in the league at this point.

How good are we? And can we really measure up with the opponents we’ve faced?

Are we as good or better than the 2-0 Rams? The 2-0 Packers, Seahawks or 49ers right now in NFC?

How about the 2-0 Patriots, Chiefs or Ravens?

I’d suggest we tone down the rhetoric until we beat someone with a winning record. We’re off to a good start. It’s been fun but I’d be careful becoming too full of ourselves just yet.
Too early to tell my friend...............Miami is an extra bye week, they are not even trying to win.........so beating them proves nothing.

After Miami, the chit starts getting real. A trip to Narlins to play the Saints and a home game against the Pack. Win both of those and sit at 5-0 in the standings, then we will have something to start talking about.

Lose to either of those teams, or to both of them, and the air will come out of the sails around here pretty dam quick.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
We’re one of the top four teams in the league, personnel-wise. With room to improve if we can improve the defensive front pressure. Patriots. Chiefs. Packers. We’re in that top echelon for now.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
Playing 2 division opponents and beating them both by double digits isn't easy. Both the Giants and Commanders play Dallas as hard as they can and regardless of talent on any team Dallas typically struggles. Most of the time it's within a TD so this nonsense about temper the excitement is horse crap.

Y'all name all these other so called teams as contenders but who have they beat. Seriously. The Patriots are the only team that can't be included in this because of all the success they have had but no one knows what any of these teams will be. Washington was leading the division last year, you don't know how they will finish the season. Giants could beat some teams as well, you haven't a clue.

Just because Dallas demolished those teams don't mean they will be bad teams. Look at how Dallas started last season, or the Colts.

That being said I'm glad and happy we are destroying teams. Y'all can pout and be scared all you want, temper your excitement all you want but for me......... Hahahaha

DanA

Reaction score
12-4 feels like the floor to me. Not a lot of weaknesses and some of the best top end players in the league.

Pompey-Cowboy

Reaction score
I've often heard it said that bookmakers don't get it wrong. Well currently...

New England 7/2 (4.5)
Kansas 7/1 (8.0)
Rams 9/1 (10.0)
Cowboys 11/1 (12.0)

I guess that makes us 4th best of 32.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
11 to 13 win team that could exposed in the playoffs. Think 2007.

Defense really needs to tighten up

mardwin

Reaction score
The Cowboys can beat anybody if they stay healthy. The team is loaded with talent across the board, and they are getting better coaching.

We need to earn a bye. 12 wins should do it and I think it’s achievable.

Anybody can beat anybody on any giving Sunday in the NFL. The real question is can the Cowboys win a championship? They need a lot of things to go their way specially in the defensive side of the football. The Cowboys Achilles the heel i are interior linemen and the safeties last year they got dominated by the Rams because of how poorly these units played. They can manage to get at least above average play from these players they can potentially take the next step.

Daktozekecoop

Reaction score
I think we are at the dawn of a dynasty and will be the class of the NFL for 5-7 years. Our brilliant O line is signed for a long time, we have the quadruplets, Dak, Zeke, Gallup and Cooper, and a defense that is very talented. Only the Patriots and Chiefs are in our way this year. No one in the NFC scares me at all. I think we will win the super bowl over either of the aforementioned 2 teams.

Silverstar

Reaction score

The Cowboys best start was 8-0 in 1977.

Next...

1983 - 7-0
1969 - 6-0
1968 - 6-0
2007 - 5-0
1976 - 5-0

My expectations are tempered, but I would love to break some long time records this year. I think this team has a good chance to do it.

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Reaction score
The Cowboys best start was 8-0 in 1977.

Next...

1983 - 7-0
1969 - 6-0
1968 - 6-0
2007 - 5-0
1976 - 5-0

My expectations are tempered, but I would love to break some long time records this year. I think this team has a good chance to do it.
Nevermind.

Last edited:

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Too early to tell my friend...............Miami is an extra bye week, they are not even trying to win.........so beating them proves nothing.

After Miami, the chit starts getting real. A trip to Narlins to play the Saints and a home game against the Pack. Win both of those and sit at 5-0 in the standings, then we will have something to start talking about.

Lose to either of those teams, or to both of them, and the air will come out of the sails around here pretty dam quick.
I’m not sure without Brees if Saints is as much of a losable game now. At least they present a better defense than we’ve seen. But the Packers and Eagles certainly should tell us more about where we are.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
We’re one of the top four teams in the league, personnel-wise. With room to improve if we can improve the defensive front pressure. Patriots. Chiefs. Packers. We’re in that top echelon for now.
I’d probably throw Rams in that group as well. Maybe ahead of Packers.

But if Dak continues near this level we’d definitely be up there. We’ll know more in October.

glimmerman

Reaction score
Defense keeps tightening up and we will be good. We have to be better than the pats. That’s who we are playing if we make the SB.