How good do we think the 2-0 Cowboys are?

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
They certainly looked great against two of the worse defenses. Dak is best passer in NFC after two weeks. Do we really believe that will hold up?

Coaching.. It matters.. I've tried to explain that to some of the Garrett homers for years.

You're watching guys run around free now because we are actually taking advantage of defenses cheating on the run game. It's been there for the taking for years.

So yes... If teams continue to cheat on the run Dak will get easy matchups to take advantage of through the air. It's easy for him right now.

If teams take away the big play then Zeke will run all over them.

ChuckA1

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I’m enjoying it Kevin. Just a pump on the brakes until we perform like this against contenders.
Please pump the brakes all you want. The rest of us will enjoy being 2-0, viewing an offense we haven't seen in years, watching Dak grow as the QB1 and seeing a full team of quality starters. At 2-0, no one is assuming we'll be SB contenders, at least not yet. But, GEEZ, why not enjoy where we are to date?

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This team has that feel to it thanks to Moore. Minimum 11 wins this year.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
we are good. just haven't been tested. you score that much and dominate that easily....you have to be good. you are expected to dominate if you are good, which we did. Rams will be a test specially for the defense..... I think we are better than packers who are struggling to get to 2-0.....

patriots are tough tough tough...it wouldn't surprise me for them to go for a perfect season, the one legacy they want after losing in the superbowl and going 18-1....
Yep

Packers and Eagles will be a good test next month.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Please pump the brakes all you want. The rest of us will enjoy being 2-0, viewing an offense we haven't seen in years, watching Dak grow as the QB1 and seeing a full team of quality starters. At 2-0, no one is assuming we'll be SB contenders, at least not yet. But, GEEZ, why not enjoy where we are to date?
I am enjoying. I was just responding to all of this” how great we are” noise that’s been spewing out in media.

And why I question. How good are we. Not sure why it has to come off negative .

TexasHillbilly

Reaction score
The offense is elite. The defense is average. I am concerned because sooner or later we will play an elite defense who will stymie our offense. Good defenses usually slow down good offenses. If our defense continues to give up 20 points, a real good defense can shut our offense down to 17 points and we lose.

To me, the year goes as far as the defense goes. Right now, the defense is underwhelming.

Which is really a suprise. I thought the D was going to be the bright spot this year with a really good LBing core and a young and hungry DB group. Giving up way to many big plays. Hopefully they will come together.

INCowboysFan

Reaction score
It’s being widely discussed with our two dominating offensive performances against two of our division rivals that we are one of the best teams in the league at this point.

How good are we? And can we really measure up with the opponents we’ve faced?

Are we as good or better than the 2-0 Rams? The 2-0 Packers, Seahawks or 49ers right now in NFC?

How about the 2-0 Patriots, Chiefs or Ravens?

I’d suggest we tone down the rhetoric until we beat someone with a winning record. We’re off to a good start. It’s been fun but I’d be careful becoming too full of ourselves just yet.

Rams squeaked by the Panthers, who just lost to the Bucs, and were in a tight game with the Saints until Brees went out. They were also on the receiving end of a terrible call by the refs that negated a defensive TD for the saints that could have changed that game.

The Packers have beat 2 teams with below average offenses,
the Seahawks have close wins over a terrible Bengals team and essentially a Big Ben-less steelers team.
Niners have beaten a below average Bucs and the previously mentioned terrible Bengals team.
Not worried about the Chiefs as we don't play them
Same for Balt, but they have beaten probably the 2 worst teams in football
NE is the only one I have a hard time seeing us beat. The destroyed the steelers, but it is so hard to gauge how good a team is against MIA.

To sum up, I believe we are a top 4 team at this point. I'd have NE, KC and LAR (in that order) ahead of us for the time being.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
I am enjoying. I was just responding to all of this” how great we are” noise that’s been spewing out in media.

Legit. We beat 2 teams we should have. There will certainly be bigger challenges one would assume.

Blackrain

Reaction score
I'd suggest that we be euphorically happy that we look so competent on O, like we haven't looked for years upon years, and that Gallup has emerged as a major force and that old man Witten can still do it!!!!!!!!

It's not the wins, it's not the point totals, it's not anything like that. It's how we're winning. Better routes, better motion, more competent running attack. Man, if you can't see the difference, you're just turning a blind eye to the obvious.

Here's the counter to your suggestion, Greg: Take the blinders off and join in the fun and extreme competence being displayed, w/ much hope for the future!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Like x 10 brother Its been a long time since we looked this prepared and not as predictable. Sure is some good football to watch

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Coaching.. It matters.. I've tried to explain that to some of the Garrett homers for years.

You're watching guys run around free now because we are actually taking advantage of defenses cheating on the run game. It's been there for the taking for years.

So yes... If teams continue to cheat on the run Dak will get easy matchups to take advantage of through the air. It's easy for him right now.

It all sounds good. We shall see.

garyo1954

Reaction score
We're not as good as we think on offense, but not as bad as we look on defense.

Long way to go to the chest beating or head hanging. It WILL get real before we get there.

Then we'll see how good we are.

CowboyFanInLexKy

Reaction score
I think weeks 9 and beyond are the ones to watch. As long as Breez is out, I'm not too concerned about the Saints. I'm not the least concerned about the Packers or Jets. We have the Eagles at home for week 7. For whatever reason, some of these "0-2" teams seem to have our number. I wouldn't necessarily sleep on them.

At least that's where I'm at in regards to our schedule.

kskboys

Reaction score

So simple, yet Garrett/Linny refused to do it. Not smart enough? Just don't get it? I have no idea, but they didn't.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Greggo, I hope you’re open to admitting Dak is better than a bus driver. A lot of the criticism that he’s just average at best is being destroyed every week.

I know he needs to consistently show it now, but this is his 4th year and he’s still only 26. I’ve been amazed at how many Dak critics acted like he was 36 instead of 26. This kid has worked his butt off to be better. He deserves a ton of credit.
He’s the best passer in NFC after two games against a couple of worst defenses. And we’ve seen Dak be very effective with more surrounding support. Our OL is healthy and prob best receiving corps he’s had.

I’m proud of Dak. He’s certainly not lessening his contract potential at this point.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
So simple, yet Garrett/Linny refused to do it. Not smart enough? Just don't get it? I have no idea, but they didn't.
It’s tough to say. I think the talent makes a difference too. Cobb is a great addition and with Gallup and Cooper in 2nd year we are seeing results. And Witten back and OL healthy this is the maximum supporting cast Dak has had.

I can’t wait to see if the execution and impact is as great against more Elite defenses. If it is then we will have something special.

kskboys

Reaction score

Here's what I truly believe:

O: Top 5. Possibly top 3. And yes, I saw this coming from a mile away. We had so many discussions about Dak, and this is exactly what I told you I believed would happen under Moore. It's so different, it's like it's a different team on O. Are we going to have some struggles? Of course, all O's do. However, this is to a T what I told you would happen. Am I crowing? Not really, I'm just ecstatic that Moore seems to have "it".

D: Top 15ish. Maybe 10-12 range. Is that good enough? Possibly. Don't know.

So, IMO we have the 3rd ranked O and the 11th ranked D. So, yes, that makes us as good as advertised.

kskboys

Reaction score
It’s tough to say. I think the talent makes a difference too. Cobb is a great addition and with Gallup and Cooper in 2nd year we are seeing results. And Witten back and OL healthy this is the maximum supporting cast Dak has had.

I can’t wait to see if the execution and impact is as great against more Elite defenses. If it is then we will have something special.
Of course the talent matters. It always matters. However, if someone can't see the difference KitMo makes, I'd say they just don't want to see it. Greg, this is different.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Here's what I truly believe:

O: Top 5. Possibly top 3. And yes, I saw this coming from a mile away. We had so many discussions about Dak, and this is exactly what I told you I believed would happen under Moore. It's so different, it's like it's a different team on O. Are we going to have some struggles? Of course, all O's do. However, this is to a T what I told you would happen. Am I crowing? Not really, I'm just ecstatic that Moore seems to have "it".

D: Top 15ish. Maybe 10-12 range. Is that good enough? Possibly. Don't know.

So, IMO we have the 3rd ranked O and the 11th ranked D. So, yes, that makes us as good as advertised.
Good stuff!!

I always begin with the talent. And Cobb was a great acquisition. We are also seeing the effect of Cooper from the onset this year. Remember he did come in and practically save our season and possibly Daks career last year. And Gallup is coming into his own . Not to mention return of Witten and of course our OL healthy as it’s been since probably 2016 with return of Frederick.

Moore has much more to work with and he’s done well so far. If he loses some pieces then he might be challenged .

Like Cooper said yesterday in post game. They don’t know who to cover. More talent is always better and Daks being as effective as he was his Rookie season when we had top 5 offense.