How hard do we play in Washington now?

40Bates40

Benched
Reaction score
Would you sit TO , Gurode , and Romo? , maybe play Tony for the 1st quarter and play Julius for 25 carries. Steady dose of Brad Johnson to TGlenn and Austin and Hurd etc?

Or do we worry about rustiness because of the layoff and play our guys for 3 quarters?

Decisions, good decisions to have to make, but tough.

The Panch

Reaction score
Rustiness is a factor but so is the cold and all these recent injuries. We should play our starters(who arent injured) for a half and more specifically, let our other receivers get in rhythm with Romo.

TRUTH87

Cowboy for Life
Reaction score
Rest em up. alotta people need rest..Newman, Tony, T.O, Gurode. i can see the starters playing for about a QT. maybe...not more

03EBZ06

Need2Speed
Reaction score
theogt;1853402 said:
Play 'em for a half just like a preseason game.
Yup, I agree. Hope that in first half we put up enough of points for backups to hold onto for a win.

Mike_45

Reaction score
The Panch;1853395 said:
Rustiness is a factor but so is the cold and all these recent injuries. We should play our starters(who arent injured) for a half and more specifically, let our other receivers get in rhythm with Romo.

I say this is the best route to go. Let Glenn play a little if he is able to, give Romo to get in sync with Autin, Hurd and maybe even Stanback.

I want them to play a little, visions of what the Broncos did a few years ago against the colts in the playoffs after resting everyone scare me. But we have Tony Romo and not Jake Plummer.

:star:

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
Don't gamble at all.Let's see what Brad/Austin/McQuistann/Stanback etc.Carpenter, Wadkins (as crazycowbooy likes to call him ;)) let's see what these guys have.

Ren

Reaction score
rest the starters we don't need any more injuries, 14-2 would be nice but not at the expense of team health in the playoffs

Dallas

Old bulletproof tiger
Reaction score
DallasEast;1853443 said:
...and just hand Washington a win? Not bloody likely.

Exactly.

Hola DE. Good to see you today bro.

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
It would be hilarious if Wade rested the starters and they still beat Washington at Fed Ex.

YAKUZA

DMOB

Reaction score
Rest the starters. Romo will have plenty of time to get insync (sp) with the receivers during practice....don"t chance it.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Dallas;1853450 said:
Exactly.

Hola DE. Good to see you today bro.
Hola back, Dallas. Been spending a lot of off-forum time lately, but the CBZ always pulls ya back, ya know? ;)

The Panch

Reaction score
DMOB;1853455 said:
Rest the starters. Romo will have plenty of time to get insync (sp) with the receivers during practice....don"t chance it.
There's a fine line between getting in sync in practice and in game mode.

apickmans

Reaction score
Yakuza Rich;1853453 said:
It would be hilarious if Wade rested the starters and they still beat Washington at Fed Ex.

really would not shock me one bit. Would put an exclamation point to a nightmare season

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
I've been predicting for a while now that we'd rest our starters in the Washington game and still come out with a win.

I think Washington loses tonight and their season is over. With nothing to play for, our backups embarass them at FedEx. :)

Hollywood then makes, "The Replacements 2" and all is even in the Universe... as soon as we win a couple more super bowls in strike shortened seasons.

Wimbo

Reaction score
Inactives: Romo, Barber, Owens, Ware, Newman, Henry, Gurode, and either Adams or Ratliff.