How hard do we play in Washington now?

DMOB

Reaction score
The Panch;1853464 said:
There's a fine line between getting in sync in practice and in game mode.
Your right, but why risk it? Take no chances.

apickmans

Reaction score
Yakuza Rich;1853453 said:
It would be hilarious if Wade rested the starters and they still beat Washington at Fed Ex.

really would not shock me one bit. Would put an exclamation point to a nightmare season

edit: whoops didnt realize my earlier post went through.

cowboyz

Reaction score
sit colombo and canty, MB3 jason witten fasano watkins james as well

we'll get to see stanback alan ball and bobby carpenter :laugh1:

LarryCanadian

Reaction score
IMHO it would be absolutely STUPID to play starters in the Washington game. With the number of knicks we've had in the last 3 weeks as well as the early season injuries, I think it would be ridiculous, especially when there is absolutely no reason to compete in this game.

We can not improve our seeding.
We are not at home so we aren't in need of pleasing season tix holders
We have a QB, 2 WR's, a TE (Fasano), Center on offense who have had recent injuries. Ok, so maybe you play Glenn a bit to shake off the rust.
On Defense, Newman and Henry are constantly banged up. No way. Watkins is hurt.

I think there is far more value in playing the backups a bunch and get them more game experience. Get Tank a ton of reps. Hatcher, Burnett, Carpenter. Play Hurd and Austin. Get QB Johson in there the whole game. Play our new OT's at least some.

I said it in another thread, the only thing Romo, Barber, Witten, Flo, Gurode, Ellis, Ware, Newman, Henry, Canty, and anyone else knicked up should be seeing is the ice tub, hot tub, weight room, treadmill, and massage tables for the next couple of weeks.

This team has the opportunity to be really rested, healed and fresh for the last 3 games of the year (not including Washington of course).

Larry

Achozen

Sounds From The Lair
Reaction score
We should activate Bartel to back up Johnson and use Romo as the emergency third QB.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
The Giants and Dallas are in the same position.

You sit everyone who has any sort of minor injury...they don't even dress.
You play many of your starters like a preseason game and get them out of there asap in the 2nd half.

Then you go to work for the playoffs.

NickZepp

Reaction score
Sit the guys injured Play everyone else hard till the game is in hand one way or another. Washington is a rivarly so I would hope we play to win this game.

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
There aren't enough backups to rest all the starters (right?), so that takes care of that.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
bbgun;1853544 said:
There aren't enough backups to rest all the starters (right?), so that takes care of that.

No, there aren't enough... but you do what you can.

Our defensive line is so deep that all the guys are important... the rotation there should be the same.

Ware and Ellis will get some rest, I'd imagine, with Spencer and Rogers playing a decent bit.

Keith Davis, Courtney Brown, Ball, and Jones should see a good bit of action.

McQuistan, Procter (of course), Berger, Free and maybe Martin should get a decent amount of rest.

Julius Jones might get his chance to get a lot of carries.

Fasano and Curtis should play more.

Zach Crockett should get his chances to work his way into the Dallas offensive scheme.

Finally, Hurd, Austin, and Stanback should all get a lot of time.

Glenn should get some first half work with Romo, who should be resting by the second half. That is unless he's going for some record or something that I don't know about.

Plenty of backups will see time against Washington, IMO.

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
40Bates40;1853384 said:
Would you sit TO , Gurode , and Romo? , maybe play Tony for the 1st quarter and play Julius for 25 carries. Steady dose of Brad Johnson to TGlenn and Austin and Hurd etc?

Or do we worry about rustiness because of the layoff and play our guys for 3 quarters?

Decisions, good decisions to have to make, but tough.

Oh, I'm sure Brad Johnson and Nate Jones will be playing extremely hard.

1fisher

Reaction score
Yakuza Rich;1853453 said:
It would be hilarious if Wade rested the starters and they still beat Washington at Fed Ex.

YAKUZA

that would be a thing of beauty!

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
I had a relapse and went to ES last night for a peek and some Commander fans were hoping that the Cowboys would win last night so that they "would rest their starters" so that the Commanders would have a chance in the game!

:laugh2: They don't want to get swept...

03EBZ06

Need2Speed
Reaction score
5Stars;1853708 said:
I had a relapse and went to ES last night for a peek and some Commander fans were hoping that the Cowboys would win last night so that they "would rest their starters" so that the Commanders would have a chance in the game!

:laugh2: They don't want to get swept...

Almost wished that we have something to play for against the skins...almost

TheSkaven

Last Man Standing
Reaction score
If Washington beats the Vikes tonight, a win next week gets them in as the 6th seed. That means a game against the Cowboys in Dallas if they beat Seattle on the road in the wildcard round.

I'd say we should toy with them a bit, play cards close to the vest, don't reveal anything and rest most of the starters. I'd have Owens, Gurode inactive and Romo, Newman and Henry out by the end of the first half. I'd like to see Romo get some chemistry with Terry Glenn. If Glenn can't play, I'd be tempted to make Romo inactive altogether.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure Brad/Austin Stanback and company can go up there and bring us home a sweet victory.