How hard do we play in Washington now?

03EBZ06

Need2Speed
Reaction score
Clove;1853729 said:
I'm pretty sure Brad/Austin Stanback and company can go up there and bring us home a sweet victory.
If that happens, we'll see a major meltdown on ES, perhaps unable to recuperate from it.:D

Wimbo

Reaction score
We should start:

LWR: Sam Hurd
LT: Pat McQuistan
LG: Kyle Kosier
C: Cory Procter
RG: Joe Berger
RT: James Marten
TE: Tony Curtis (Fasano in 2TE sets)
RWR: Isaiah Stanback
QB: Brad Johnson
FB: Oliver Hoyte
RB: Julius Jones
3rd WR: Terry Glenn (if he can go - get him some snaps to warm up for playoffs)

RE: Stephen Bowen
NT: Tank Johnson
LE: Jason Hatcher
SLB: Anthony Spencer
MILB: Bobby Carpenter
MOLB: Kevin Burnett
WLB: Justin Rodgers
LCB: Nate Jones
RCB: Jacques Reeves
FS: Courtney Brown
SS: Keith Davis
NCB: Alan Ball

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
getting some backups more experience in case some starters can't go for whatever reason in the playoffs is another way to look at it

Proctor
Hurd
Austin

FLcowboy

When Jerry, when?
Reaction score
AsthmaField;1853475 said:
I've been predicting for a while now that we'd rest our starters in the Washington game and still come out with a win.

I think Washington loses tonight and their season is over. With nothing to play for, our backups embarass them at FedEx. :)

Hollywood then makes, "The Replacements 2" and all is even in the Universe... as soon as we win a couple more super bowls in strike shortened seasons.

I don't think the Commanders will ever lay down for the Cowboys, regardless of the season's situation.

leotisbrown

Half Fast Analysis
Reaction score
TO's hurting has me in an evil mood today so bear with me while I gives some riled up and distrayed talkings---

We should pull a Buddy Ryan and put in some scrubs from the practicing squadron on defense and order them to do nothing but nasty knee buckling shots and that ***** collar tackle what Roy discovered on.

Then has Mister Jerry Jones send up a emergency telegrams to has the NFL order up a mess of bodybags for them medics to carry out the DeadSkin woundeds with while we has us a good laughings and the like.

That way even if they win they lose and Snyder gets what his evil ways done found a fools deserving for.

And best of all--- All the NFL can do to punish is a fines or suspendings on some practice bums that we don't not need for winnings know how.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
leotisbrown;1853922 said:
TO's hurting has me in an evil mood today so bear with me while I gives some riled up and distrayed talkings---

We should pull a Buddy Ryan and put in some scrubs from the practicing squadron on defense and order them to do nothing but nasty knee buckling shots and that ***** collar tackle what Roy discovered on.

Then has Mister Jerry Jones send up a emergency telegrams to has the NFL order up a mess of bodybags for them medics to carry out the DeadSkin woundeds with while we has us a good laughings and the like.

That way even if they win they lose and Snyder gets what his evil ways done found a fools deserving for.

And best of all--- All the NFL can do to punish is a fines or suspendings on some practice bums that we don't not need for winnings know how.

Now, ladies and gentleman! This is the GM the Cowboys need!

You rock, leotis!

:laugh2:

Taz

Reaction score
why stop at resting players why not rest wade.

You know give one of our coaches a chance to coach incase i don't know a ref throught the coach out of the game.. or incase a player runs into wade on the sidelines and injuries him

FCBarca

Reaction score
Kick back and see Brad Johnson in action at RFK...Let Tyson and JJ play to their hearts content

chinch

No Quarter
Reaction score
most of our starters should not touch the field, including Romo, Barber, Witten, on offense should get zero snaps.

percyhoward

Research Tool
Reaction score
LarryCanadian;1853529 said:
IMHO it would be absolutely STUPID to play starters in the Washington game.
Get ready to see something stupid, then, because the healthy starters will see some action.

Kaika

Have a Good Day Pilgrims
Reaction score
Send 24 of our toughest cheerleaders to Wash.
Keep everyone else Home.:rolleyes:

Bach

Benched
Reaction score
FCBarca;1853932 said:
Kick back and see Brad Johnson in action at RFK...Let Tyson and JJ play to their hearts content

That'd be pretty funny, since the rest of the team will be at FedEx.

parchy

Reaction score
Yakuza Rich;1853453 said:
It would be hilarious if Wade rested the starters and they still beat Washington at Fed Ex.

This result would probably make my year.

sago1

Reaction score
I'd expect to see most of our starters in probably for the first half except for TO (obviously), Gurode, Colombo (unless he healthy), and any other offensive players with any knicks. I'd expect to see Glenn (if he is playing) in for maybe 5+ plays so that he and Romo can get in "game" sync. After all Romo hasn't thrown to Glenn since early in TC. On defensive same thing goes for the starters but they probably sit Newman, Watkins & maybe Henry. Just remember we only allowed to have 47 players active for the game so some starters will have to play the whole game.

LarryCanadian

Reaction score
percyhoward

My quote is a tad tongue in cheek but I still stand by it. I think it would be really dumb to play any or our injured or worn down starters. Nor would I risk a Witten etc.

Recently, Romo, Fasano, Canty, and Newman have been playing injured. TO, Watkins, and Gurode have missed games and could use more time. Hoyte has a bad neck/shoulder and is playing, rest him and start Crockett. See if he can be a valuable special teamer and backup fullback for playoffs. Henry has fought some injuries mid season, rest him?

Sure we will see a few starters because of pure numbers. Guys like Kosier, Crayton, Julius Jones, and a few others are likely to see significant time. Also, I'm guessing you'll see some starters play part of the game. But do you want Flo rolled up in the 3rd quarter? Greg Ellis could probably use a breather, as he's been looking a bit gassed last few weeks. Let Spencer get some more valuable reps for the majority of the game.

Wouldn't you rest a Barber and have him fresh and healed up for the playoffs? All we hear is, you can't give this guy 25 carries, he's not an every down back etc etc. Now we'd have a chance to rest him so he's fresh as a daisy and stronger than ever for the final push, and should the coaches give him 15-20 touches?

In addition, I see the Washington game as a valuable game for getting some of our 2nd stringers/backups, and reserves some valuable experience, and/or rust shaken off. Play Johnson. Play Procter again. McQuistan? Hurd and Austin for sure. Maybe Stanback on punt returns or kick returns. Some of these guys might need to come in during the playoffs to fill in in case of injury. They might be much more ready with a bit of game experience.

I could see Julius being given a heavy dose to see if we could get him re-energized for the playoffs. His confidence and sharpness just seems to be at rock bottom. Tank Johnson could get another heavy dose to increase his experience in this D and continue to get him fully in game shape.

Perhaps I'm the "stupid" one for suggesting this, but I think a few coaches out there feel the same way. Sounds like SuperBowl winning Dungy is planning to rest some starters from Indi next week since they have nothing to gain.

Other than the "rust" factor I just see little to no gain. Some people have mentioned 4th pre-season game, I think that's pretty accurate. 3rd Pre-season game might be a bit much IMHO.

LarryCanadian

TheKey

Faster than Felix
Reaction score
Like I said in another thread, I don't like how this is setting up one bit. I won't be macho about it, Washington is starting to scare me. They are a much better team with Collins. Last year the Mavericks could have knocked the Warriors out of the playoffs but they decided to rest their starters, let the Warriors in the playoffs, then they went on to lost to them. We need to play just hard enough to make sure the Commanders are out of the playoffs.

03EBZ06

Need2Speed
Reaction score
It seems some one is scare of some team in the playoffs, why?

What is there to be scared of, don't you have confidence in your team, a team with best record in NFC. Injuries? Most of them will be fine after bit of rest, not a huge issue. At this time of season, every team is experiencing injuries, not just us but some of you act like we are the only one with injuries.

tvooz

Reaction score
rest only the guys you dont want to lose to injury. imo, thats everyone.

can we just call in sick that day?