How I would love this Scenario (or something similar)

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
If I’m picking at 3 and both Lawrence and Smith are gone, I’m either picking Wilson (if Dak hasn’t signed and if I think Wilson is a franchise QB) or im taking Sewell. You’re not finding a cornerstone LT later but you can find plenty of good DT, LB, and safety later

At 3 you are taking Sewell unless someone desperate for a QB overwhelms you with an offer. I'm talking 1st (within top 10), 2nd, and future 1st.

In 2018, the 3rd pick was traded for the 6th pick, two 2nd round picks, and a 2019 2nd round pick.

In 2017, in exchange for swapping the 2nd and 3rd picks, the 49ers got a 3rd, 4th, and future 3rd round pick.

In 2016, to jump up and draft Wentz 2nd overall, the Eagles gave up the 8th pick, a 3rd, a 4th, and a future 1st round pick.

Teams get desperate when they think they have identified a sure thing QB. We need to hope Justin Fields and Zack Wilson keep playing lights out.

For me personally, my ideal scenario would be a slight trade down where we land Caleb Farley, a (2nd, 3rd, or a young defensive starter), and a future 1st round pick.

Of course, at this point, Washington's SOS just dropped below ours, so we would be drafting 4th (I realize there's a lot of season left), but with the "3 Quarterback" scenario, we'd still be in position to draft Sewell.

thechosen1n2

Reaction score
Will cost us in the end.

That group isn't stopping anyone on an important 3rd or 4th and short.

I have high hopes for Gallimore, but Im also an OU fan. I saw what he did in a defense that didnt use him correctly.

And when I said I think they will have to do, I was speaking for the Jones family. I personally wanted a DT last year instead of Ceedee, and like I said Im an OU Fan.

RS12

Reaction score
If the team lands in the top 5 they will draft a QB. I d be shocked if they dont. And yes I have actually figured out the defense is non existent.