How in the world did the Saints build this defense?

lukin2006

Reaction score
That D gave up 34 on Monday? Drew Brees is 90 and only has a little time left. It's not like the saints with all this supposed talent has a run of super bowls? I believe Brees and the Saints have 1...and I doubt they are winning it this year...

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
The Saints' 2021 cap space was $-75 million, and that was before they signed Kamara. That's not a typo. They are leveraged to the hilt.

I agree with the general strategy of trading up all your draft picks and mortgaging all your future cap space to win while you still have Brees, but that window's looking closed now that Brees is washed, and it's going to take a while to reload the roster.

blueblood70

Reaction score
How’d they get such a good defense AND have a top 3 WR, top 5 RB, and Drew freakin Brees (who happens to hold just about every meaningful record a QB can hold)... oh and a very solid Oline?!

Forgot about Will Lutz who is certainly a top 5 kicker.

The part that sucks is Sean Payton was once on the Cowboys staff and would’ve certainly accepted a head coaching position here when Parcells split.
was this pregame because they lost!

they are 1-1 just like us..

MCMetal69

Reaction score
I hope this thread was started well before last night's game , because that defense got shredded by the Raiders , for heaven's sake............

blueblood70

Reaction score
I hope this thread was started well before last night's game , because that defense got shredded by the Raiders , for heaven's sake............
I have to question fans who do this just to ri Jerry and then end up with egg on their face lol

fitting

Creeper

Reaction score
From 2013-2020 The Cowboys have drafted 22 players. 7 have been pro-bowlers. 5 of their 7 1st round picks have been pro-bowlers and that includes 1st year player CeeDee Lamb. The only pick not to make the pro-bowl was Taco Charlton.
The Cowboys have 2 second round pick to make the pro-bowl. Since 2013 the Cowboys have only traded away 2 draft picks, one was for Amari Cooper. Of the Cowboys 7 pro-bowlers, Frederick is gone, Byron Jones left via Free Agency and LVE is injured again. But one could argue, LVE and Jaylon Smith had one good year and are nowhere near pro-bowl form now.

The Saints have had 28 picks in the first 3 rounds. 5 have made the pro-bowl. Of 9 first round picks only 2 have made the pro-bowl. They have traded away 5 draft picks.

If the Saints are better than Dallas it is not because of the draft.

rags

Reaction score
The Saints really miss their WR Michael Thomas.

I think Brees really needs to start thinking about hanging it up. His arm is about gone.

kskboys

Reaction score
The Saints D has been pretty decent the last few years. 11th last season, 14th in 2018.