How is Greg Olsen on the Fox 1 team?

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
I'm not sure if it's just me or if anyone else noticed how much this broadcast group kept driving the point that Dallas was benefiting from calls? How these 2 are Fox's #1 group is beyond me.
Any examples?

starfan1

Reaction score
I'm not sure if it's just me or if anyone else noticed how much this broadcast group kept driving the point that Dallas was benefiting from calls? How these 2 are Fox's #1 group is beyond me.
was brought up in game thread he was pretty obvious bout it. I wish Burkheart would tell him hey greg shut up we know you dont like dallas. :muttley:

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
I like Greg Olsen. Think he has gotten better, and daresay sometimes provides better insight than Aikman.

I appreciate having a TE. Someone in the trenches. They look at the game different than the QB commentators.

doomsday9084

Reaction score
People here complain about Aikman and many announcers. Personally, I think Aikman is pretty unbiased when it comes to the Cowboys. Same with others like Collinsworth. The one big announcer who frequently makes me feel like he has an axe to grind with Dallas is Olsen.

He will frequently just belabor points that are anti-Cowboys. This was an example yesterday.

I agree that in general, Olsen is pretty good. If I watch a non Cowboys game with him calling it, he is one of the more intelligent guys.

lopey

Reaction score
They knew this game was a blowout early. Tried talking up Rams to keep viewers. Ive seen this before in other games not involving cowboys. Its what announcers do

MarcusRock

Reaction score
Had it been the reverse, it'd be PROOF the refs were out to get us. But since we benefited then it's time to downplay it and blame broadcasters for pointing it out, lol.

Mannix

Reaction score
I liked this pair originally, and said so when they were just starting out on the scene....but OMG....I have NEVER seen anyone go to bat for Dallas, like these two went to bat for LA yesterday...constantly focusing on every questionable call, and showing replays over and over....just weird.

Mannix

Reaction score
Had it been the reverse, it'd be PROOF the refs were out to get us. But since we benefited then it's time to downplay it and blame broadcasters for pointing it out, lol.
That is NOT the point...I can think of no announcers that shill for Dallas when we get screwed....and VERY often, we don't even get the benefit of a replay....which they called for over and over yesterday.

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
I would agree with him on the first drive for the illegal contact call that extended a drive, other than that I really don’t remember a ton of invalid calls.

Overall I like Greg Olsen though, it’s tough to find quality tv announcers, and he is not a bad one. Does he carry some bias? Probably, I’d think most people would.

MarcusRock

Reaction score
That is NOT the point...I can think of no announcers that shill for Dallas when we get screwed....and VERY often, we don't even get the benefit of a replay....which they called for over and over yesterday.
Your issue is you think announcers shill for "anyone" other than trying to come up with interesting/controversial talking points as the game unfolds.

Pompey-Cowboy

Reaction score
I watch every game on low-to-zero volume, any sport that is, commentary just annoys me, I know what I'm watching.