How is Greg Olsen on the Fox 1 team?

WTtoolman

Reaction score
During the Cowboys' long, time-consuming drive at the start of the second half, Olsen blathered something about it being how the Cowboys have done it all year. He stumbled while he was saying it, because he knew the Cowboys haven't had any time-consuming, run-heavy drives all year.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
Anything is better than these old QBs repeatedly telling us that the entire league is controlled by QBs and that any game where they don't throw it 100 times between the two QBs isn't worth watching.
How he was pimping the Henry trade and how great the offense might be if they could get their thunder & lightning dynamic back. Pushing it hard. You would never hear that from a QB. Only guys like Olsen or Moose.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
Yeah Moose is the best ex Cowboy to me. Well he and Romo. But Moose has managed to balance how to speak objectively without sounding like a homer. It’s tough I know. Moose should be higher on the pecking order.
Moose seemed to be the rising star then he has sorta gotten passed over since. I don't get it. I would easily choose him to listen to. I can't really see how anyone could not like him as a commentator.

aikemirv

Reaction score
Romo is the master. He knows what is going to happen on every play almost. He just has to hold it back because they did not like it when he called out plays. He called out one play yesterday and it was exactly like he said would happen.

If Brady ever gets in the booth and can articulate well and is likeable he will enlighten a lot of fans

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Moose seemed to be the rising star then he has sorta gotten passed over since. I don't get it. I would easily choose him to listen to. I can't really see how anyone could not like him as a commentator.
Yeah I don’t know what happened I know he dabbled in XFL or AFL as a GM I wonder did that hurt him?

MarcusRock

Reaction score
We definitely got some calls our way no doubt and that's exactly my point. We've been on the other end and I've never heard the announcers harp on it so much, especially not to the point where they're bringing in Blandino.
They totally have. Multiple times. Off the top of my head, I remember Troy actually going at it with Pereira on the tripping calls Frederick was called for against the Patriots years ago (snippet below). I'd never seen a broadcaster be that confrontational with a rules analyst before. I just think when people watch with fan hopes in mind, it blocks out all the other counter-evidence to the point that people think that multiple individual broadcasters are against the team. This is the human emotion data sports media uses against fans to get them riled up which also makes them watch and discuss it more. I mean, I have my own data should I give an opinion that's against what posters want to see instead.

bornafan1981

Reaction score
I thought it was Dan Orlovsky as whiny as he was. Someone must've got in his earpiece lol

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I like Greg Olsen. Think he has gotten better, and daresay sometimes provides better insight than Aikman.

I appreciate having a TE. Someone in the trenches. They look at the game different than the QB commentators.
He calls a good game. Better than Romo. People here dont like him here because he doesnt gush about the Cowboys

RonnieT24

Reaction score
They totally have. Multiple times. Off the top of my head, I remember Troy actually going at it with Pereira on the tripping calls Frederick was called for against the Patriots years ago (snippet below). I'd never seen a broadcaster be that confrontational with a rules analyst before. I just think when people watch with fan hopes in mind, it blocks out all the other counter-evidence to the point that people think that multiple individual broadcasters are against the team. This is the human emotion data sports media uses against fans to get them riled up which also makes them watch and discuss it more. I mean, I have my own data should I give an opinion that's against what posters want to see instead.

Frankly if you ask me they need to just do away with these "watching it on TV" refs. Most of the time they are extremely hesitant to call out bad calls. If they're not going to be completely honest then they are adding nothing IMHO. I can watch TV and decide for myself if a replay needs to overturn a call on the field or let it stand. I don't need some talking head to mansplain it to me. In fact if I watch the play and replays and I see an obvious missed call and they completely ignore it (like they did with the whole facemask against Tolbert on that punt return fiasco a couple of weeks ago) it actually annoys me more.

DZSierra

Reaction score
I agree that in general, Olsen is pretty good. If I watch a non Cowboys game with him calling it, he is one of the more intelligent guys.
I believe that is what Fox came to realize with Olsen.

Being stuck in NC with their games on TV every Sunday, not a fan of the Panthers, but when Olsen played for them, he seemed like a likeable player on and off the field.