How is it that zeke lost his explosiveness

Jipper

Reaction score
He's more of a steam roller than Ferrari...it's ok..

Is he overpaid? Yes

Is he a great back? Debatable

Are the cowboys better with him on the field ? Yes

Are him and Pollard the best 1-2 punch in football....I say yes

Cmac

Reaction score
This thread and many like it, continues to prove RBs or any position should get their money. Owners/teams have no problem underpaying performances. I can't wait until Zeke is let go and Pollard is granted the spot you want him in, and the moment he says I need my money.......watch what happens. The praise will go away and a performance like the one Pollard had against the Chargers will evaporate all's memory faster than a squirming snake in the road, and despite the fact this team is a passing team.

Starforever

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Stop looking at Zeke through your Pollard glasses. He will never be as explosive, quick, or twitchy. Zeke has and always have had long speed. These comparison threads are so dumb.

Start Pollard and you will see a difference in his production. Every now and then you might see a good run but most of the time he will be getting smashed. Teams are not game planning for the second back.

Starforever

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
This thread and many like it, continues to prove RBs or any position should get their money. Owners/teams have no problem underpaying performances. I can't wait until Zeke is let go and Pollard is granted the spot you want him in, and the moment he says I need my money.......watch what happens. The praise will go away and a performance like the one Pollard had against the Chargers will evaporate all's memory faster than a squirming snake in the road, and despite the fact this team is a passing team.

Some Dallas fans are prisoners of the moment. They have no concept of tomorrow.

ChuckA1

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Pollard is good as part of a 1-2 punch. Zeke is now better as part of the same 1-2 punch. Sit back and enjoy the show

CWR

Reaction score
I think Zeke looks much quicker than he has the past few years. I also love the split between he and Pollard. Both look very good!

Yeah Zeke has done a good job so far. I dont think TPs success is a knock on Zeke. It will be interesting to see where they finish this year and if TP has a better year I will completely understand the criticism.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
There were some plays that he actually looked faster than ever, thanks to Martin's and even Steele's blocking. He just can't sustain those speedy execution plays like Pollard. Zeke is far from being toast.

Exactly. Zeke’s not slow and he actually looks smaller than in years past.

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
He certainly appears to miss some cut back lanes yesterday and it seems he wants to bounce it outside more then he used to and when he's not going north south he's got problems. We will need both him and Pollard, but Pollard right now seems to be much quicker in making cuts and exploding through whatever is there.

Yep....Zeke also showed up last week in his ability to put his head down and block.....Zeke and Pollard are a complementary combination of skill sets

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
even though he’s the lightest in years and he’s never been hurt? He’s clearly in fantastic shape and worked hard in the offseason.
A RB that's lost his explosiveness is not what I saw in Zeke yesterday. He just didn't carry the ball enough because Pollard was gashing them. Zeke stats... 16 carries for 71 yards. That's 4.4 yards per carry. That's not bad.