How is it that zeke lost his explosiveness

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Put want him to regain his athleticism and speed he had in 2016....he's 5 years older now........Zeke is more of a bruiser than he is a speed back. I think people don't think that because he isn't built typically like a bruiser back. He's a in between the tackles type back.

blueblood70

Reaction score
I guarantee you that if the Titans were handing him the ball from shotgun 90% of the time like we do with Zeke they're fans would be having the same conversation about him. That said, that dude is a MAN!!! The Seahawks bottled him up for like 3 quarters but the Titans kept giving it to him.. I would love to see us be that stubborn with the run game but alas I don't think our defense is good enough yet to do it.
had they not gave pollard all those carries zeke would have got 100 no doubt..4.4 yards carry means 7 more carries gets him 100 ...so he splits time with pollard pollard has one nice game and the zeke attack's keep coming..

its nice 1-2 duo

2 of those big run were pollard and zeke in the same backfield and the defense bit on zekes movement and then were late to come after tony..it was great play calling and scheming and it worked..zeke made a lot of pollards yards easier yesterday and thats a fact.

if you cant see those plays develop you dont know a lot about football.. if KM can keep this going it will be best for our offense..

kskboys

Reaction score
had they not gave pollard all those carries zeke would have got 100 no doubt..4.4 yards carry means 7 more carries gets him 100 ...so he splits time with pollard pollard has one nice game and the zeke attack's keep coming..

its nice 1-2 duo

2 of those big run were pollard and zeke in the same backfield and the defense bit on zekes movement and then were late to come after tony..it was great play calling and scheming and it worked..zeke made a lot of pollards yards easier yesterday and thats a fact.

if you cant see those plays develop you dont know a lot about football.. if KM can keep this going it will be best for our offense..
It's like w/ Dak, to get any decent convo you have to ignore the bashers. Pollard could get 1.6 YPC for the next 10 games, and if he had one game of 6 YPC the screamers would be screaming again how bad Z is.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
It's like w/ Dak, to get any decent convo you have to ignore the bashers. Pollard could get 1.6 YPC for the next 10 games, and if he had one game of 6 YPC the screamers would be screaming again how bad Z is.
Its weird the society we live in. I watched a few talking heads today....I don't get the insistence of replacing Zeke with Pollard. Its like they want to start some type of controversy for whatever reason.

I like Pollard. But from what I've seen I don't see him as a 20 carries a game guy. I like having both of them split carries. Does it suck that Jerry paid Zeke that contract? Sure. But it is done. Nothing you can do about it. Its a nice attack and with Gallup out I'd like to see them on the field more.

blueblood70

Reaction score
right and zekes been the ultimate team player not like soem divas weve had crying about playtime..zeke could have easily these first two games starting looking like a sore loser on the sidelines and in interviews and has ben great teammate..

fans have called him selfish etc i dont see it..

RonnieT24

Reaction score
I guarantee you that if the Titans were handing him the ball from shotgun 90% of the time like we do with Zeke they're fans would be having the same conversation about him. That said, that dude is a MAN!!! The Seahawks bottled him up for like 3 quarters but the Titans kept giving it to him.. I would love to see us be that stubborn with the run game but alas I don't think our defense is good enough yet to do it.

I went and looked it up because I was curious but now I have to question who the hell is watching games for pro-football-reference. They have Zeke down for only 2 carries out of shotgun all season out of 27 total. What game are they watching? Because I thought maybe I had been seeing the wrong thing I just went and counted his totes on yesterday's opening drive. Zeke had 6 carries on that drive and it was split evenly 3 from under center and 3 from shotgun.. Now I have to question everything I see from them ...

kskboys

Reaction score
Its weird the society we live in. I watched a few talking heads today....I don't get the insistence of replacing Zeke with Pollard. Its like they want to start some type of controversy for whatever reason.

I like Pollard. But from what I've seen I don't see him as a 20 carries a game guy. I like having both of them split carries. Does it suck that Jerry paid Zeke that contract? Sure. But it is done. Nothing you can do about it. Its a nice attack and with Gallup out I'd like to see them on the field more.
When we run the ball prolifically, we win.

kskboys

Reaction score
I went and looked it up because I was curious but now I have to question who the hell is watching games for pro-football-reference. They have Zeke down for only 2 carries out of shotgun all season out of 27 total. What game are they watching? Because I thought maybe I had been seeing the wrong thing I just went and counted his totes on yesterday's opening drive. Zeke had 6 carries on that drive and it was split evenly 3 from under center and 3 from shotgun.. Now I have to question everything I see from them ...
PFF is notorious for not being accurate. It's just regular Joes counting beans, that's all.

Cowpolk

Landry Hat
Reaction score
Right. I don't care about fantasy points or salaries at the end of the day what did you do in the run game out there? Oh 200 yards? I'll take it.
The rushing yards were there people just like to pick pet cats

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
Henry, his team continues to do like you people said Garrett did they keep running him giving him the ball like 30 or more times, but if you guys notice that when it comes down to the playoffs the teams that put the titans out don't let Henry get started, because it's nitty gritty time, during the regular season a lot of them make business decisions. When teams really want to stop Henry they know how and they do it. Henry is a big back but when you get to him before he gets his momentum he is useless, just like defenses make a point of doing before Zeke gets going. Guys like McCaffrey and Eckeler and Pollard they are swiss army knives, McCaffrey and Pollard are better when they are in space and can get outside, Eckeler is not as fast or quick as them he is just as good a pass catcher. But those guys are not heavy load backs because they will not be durable and cannot get the hard dirty yards when you need them. Zeke is still an elite RB

Henry has playoff games of 156, 182, and 195 yards.

Give it a rest.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
his first 3 seasons he didn't do squat he split time and did nothing ...hes just now come on the last 2 seasons , so its not the same Zeke got off hot for 3 years as rookie and has settled down little but had they not gave pollard all those carries zeke would have got 100 no doubt..4.4 yards carry means 7 more carries gets him 100 ...so he splits time with pollard pollard has one nice game and the zeke attack's keep coming..

its nice 1-2 duo

if you cant see those plays develop you dont know a lot about football..

Henry third ran for 1,000+ yards and 12 TDs in his third season.

Give it a rest.

jwitten82

Reaction score
his first 3 seasons he didn't do squat he split time and did nothing ...hes just now come on the last 2 seasons , so its not the same Zeke got off hot for 3 years as rookie and has settled down little but had they not gave pollard all those carries zeke would have got 100 no doubt..4.4 yards carry means 7 more carries gets him 100 ...so he splits time with pollard pollard has one nice game and the zeke attack's keep coming..

its nice 1-2 duo

if you cant see those plays develop you dont know a lot about football..
You can say his first 2 seasons weren't much but not his. Henry>>>>> Elliott