How is it that zeke lost his explosiveness

Starforever

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I don’t fail to realize that. I’m saying make paying Pollard the priority. If Zeke wants to stay then by al means stay but he makes enough money to pay 2 good RBs.

Doesn't make one lick of sense. You have screamed from the rooftops not to pay a running back, but now you are an advocate for Pollard. He is not going to want rubles.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Doesn't make one lick of sense. You have screamed from the rooftops not to pay a running back, but now you are an advocate for Pollard. He is not going to want rubles.

Pollard will be cheap. When I say don’t pay a RB I mean don’t pay them 9 million plus.

I’m also fine letting them both go and drafting don’t get me wrong.

Montanalo

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
This thread and many like it, continues to prove RBs or any position should get their money. Owners/teams have no problem underpaying performances. I can't wait until Zeke is let go and Pollard is granted the spot you want him in, and the moment he says I need my money.......watch what happens. The praise will go away and a performance like the one Pollard had against the Chargers will evaporate all's memory faster than a squirming snake in the road, and despite the fact this team is a passing team.
Hard to disagree with your logic

My take is that most positions are fungible and, in many cases, don't warrant a second contract.

Cmac

Reaction score
Pollard will be cheap. When I say don’t pay a RB I mean don’t pay them 9 million plus.

I’m also fine letting them both go and drafting don’t get me wrong.
.....then tanking is going to come to play or rebuilding EVERY year will come to play.

Proof

Reaction score
He's more of a steam roller than Ferrari...it's ok..

Is he overpaid? Yes

Is he a great back? Debatable

Are the cowboys better with him on the field ? Yes

Are him and Pollard the best 1-2 punch in football....I say yes

chubb and hunt imo

dfense

Reaction score
Zeke was never explosive. In 2016 the holes were so big that he looked better than he was. Zeke is a good back but he isnt what he used to be and neither is the line. Moore is doing the obvious thing. Thank heavens Garrett is gone.
It's like politics, blaming the previous guy for things from 2019 for decisions made now in 2021. Pollard has had limited reps in the past and he's been sporadic in his production in the time he's had. He had a great game as a change up. He can at least get to the edge which Zeke just can't do anymore. But let's not anoint him after one game. It's great to see him getting more playing time.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
Here is the real issue....for the 2nd straight year there is a debate between Zeke and his back up. This, in and of itself, is the embarrassment to Zeke. He is supposed to be debated among the league's best like Henry, Chubb, McCaffrey, etc. The fact that is no longer the argument is telling.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
even though he’s the lightest in years and he’s never been hurt? He’s clearly in fantastic shape and worked hard in the offseason.
I don't think he's lost his explosiveness. He just needs something or someone to light a fire under his ***.

Sydla

Reaction score
I've said it a bazillion times. Paying any TB all that money and for that length of time is a mistake. Jerry likes shiny toys he drafts so of course he was going to resign him.

But it's just bad business in today's NFL to lock up that much cap space in a TB.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Here is the real issue....for the 2nd straight year there is a debate between Zeke and his back up. This, in and of itself, is the embarrassment to Zeke. He is supposed to be debated among the league's best like Henry, Chubb, McCaffrey, etc. The fact that is no longer the argument is telling.

It's an embarrassment to Zeke because fans and mediots are morons? I think you have that gun aimed in the wrong direction. Zeke is never going to be talked about among the best in the game with this utilization level and in this offense. Which I believe he will be fine with as long we are winning. But as has been noted many times.. This team has yet to make the playoffs without him running for at least 1400 yards... If we go 9-8 and just miss the playoffs with Kellen Moore channeling Kliff Kingsbury and Mike Leach NONE of us will be happy.. well the ones here who only masquerade as Cowboys fans will be.. but those of us who actually love the Cowboys are going to p----ed!

RonnieT24

Reaction score
I don't think he's lost his explosiveness. He just needs something or someone to light a fire under his ***.

What he needs is the ball.. Give him 25 carries and see what happens.. But we know that's not likely to happen anymore.. Moore likes spreading the wealth.. which is fine as long as it works and we win.

Sydla

Reaction score
It's an embarrassment to Zeke because fans and mediots are morons? I think you have that gun aimed in the wrong direction. Zeke is never going to be talked about among the best in the game with this utilization level and in this offense. Which I believe he will be fine with as long we are winning. But as has been noted many times.. This team has yet to make the playoffs without him running for at least 1400 yards... If we go 9-8 and just miss the playoffs with Kellen Moore channeling Kliff Kingsbury and Mike Leach NONE of us will be happy.. well the ones here who only masquerade as Cowboys fans will be.. but those of us who actually love the Cowboys are going to p----ed!

Hold on. If Zeke isn't going to be in the discussion about the very best in the game, regardless of the reasons why, then it was a really dumb idea to spend all that money on him.

LOL at calling people idiots that expect more out of Zeke. If he needs 25 carries a game to be "effective" running the ball, then guess what, he's not a great TB and we are fools paying him what we are paying him.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Hold on. If Zeke isn't going to be in the discussion about the very best in the game, regardless of the reasons why, then it was a really dumb idea to spend all that money on him.

LOL at calling people idiots that expect more out of Zeke. If he needs 25 carries a game to be "effective" running the ball, then guess what, he's not a great TB and we are fools paying him what we are paying him.

You a member of the Jones family? If no you aint payin him a dime so your obsession with his paycheck is misguided at best. The Cowboys paid Zeke when the plan was to be a power running team. The plan changed almost the day after the deal was signed. Zeke had nothing to do with it. No one has said Zeke needs 25 carries to be effective. However 3 carries in the first quarter.. 2 in the second quarter, then maybe 4 in the third.. and depending on the score none in the fourth is a stupid way to use your top running back. Again.. unless you can win doing it.. The Cowboys have yet to show they can do so consistently but the year is young.. I'm hoping they have figured out how to win 11-12 games doing whatever they need to do.. whether it's running it 40 times or throwing it 40 times. At the end of the day I don't care how they win as long as they win. By the same token I don't care who is paid what or whose celebration or personality people don't like.. I watch these guys play football not have them over for dinner..

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Pollards performance Sunday reminded me how slow Zeke has become. It was refreshing seeing a rb hitting the holes fast and with the speed to bounce outside the tackles.