How Jalen Carter almost intercepted Patrick Mahomes spike

75boyz

Reaction score
Manalive, if you're not impressed by this..........................................IDK, go watch soccer?
No ksk,
You know forum rules...
If it's another team's player making a good play you can't post positively towards that team or player.

And since it's an Eagle in this instance.
Well, you know the deal.
"You're an Eagles fan."

Tell me if I'm lyin'
LOL

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
And he almost got it too, amazing.

Geez the Eagles just annoy me with the ways they manage to win. I mean we can change six of their plays this season and they would be 4-6 instead of 9-1.

Havic

Reaction score
Cool **, now qbs will drop back a couple of steps and then spike

Cowboy4ever

Reaction score
It was a cool thing to try. I saw it live and I thought he was being a butthead trying to cause a fumble on the snap. Didn't realize he was trying to intercept it lol. But QBs will now just spike it to the right or left of center instead of stright down.

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
The best way to alert McCarthy is to use fries in some way.
That's how they taught Andy Reid to bundle his insurance, could work, but maybe try it with nuggies.

andy-reid-kansas-city-chiefs.gif

HungryLion

Reaction score
Pretty cool idea.

Should be easily avoidable for the QB though. All they gotta do is spike the ball to either side of them instead of straight ahead.

blueblood70

Reaction score
That was a great attempt by him....more people are gonna try this now
actually I bet this was gonna just be a reminder to turn away from the line a little bit when you're spiking it problem solved not a big deal this isn't rocket science people are gonna see that and say next time don't throw it right at the center throw it towards the side that's it it's done all this will be for not cool play it wasn't successful and now the team see it's possible they'll start reminding the quarterback to spike it in a different place just slightly off to the side

gtdRR

Reaction score
When I saw it live, it seemed so close, I expected the TV broadcast to talk about it. Surprised they didn't.

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
Cool **, now qbs will drop back a couple of steps and then spike
That’s intentional grounding. Theres an exception in the rule book that allows you to spike the ball immediately after getting the snap for no IG

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
Honestly, I'm surprised more teams haven't tried this FG block attempt. Even if you don't get the block, it seems very distracting...