How Jalen Carter almost intercepted Patrick Mahomes spike

Havic

Reaction score
That’s intentional grounding. Theres an exception in the rule book that allows you to spike the ball immediately after getting the snap for no IG
Player safety on an intentional spike > intentional grounding is how I think the league would look at it as. Could be something they clean up in the off-season if it’s becomes a trend

MarcusRock

Reaction score

Technically, not really. Jarrett crashed the Center who backed into the QB so the ball came loose and he caught it in the air which would be a fumble recovery but also looked like the ball touched the ground and the video doesn't finish to tell if he controlled the ball through the ground. Anyways, they called a false start on the play so none of it counted anyway. Lol.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Technically, not really. Jarrett crashed the Center who backed into the QB so the ball came loose and he caught it in the air which would be a fumble recovery but also looked like the ball touched the ground and the video doesn't finish to tell if he controlled the ball through the ground. Anyways, they called a false start on the play so none of it counted anyway. Lol.
The high schooler

starfan1

Reaction score
Had that been Dak and not Mahomes, Carter may have caught it. really great idea

CowboysLakerBamaFan

Reaction score
That's how they taught Andy Reid to bundle his insurance, could work, but maybe try it with nuggies.

andy-reid-kansas-city-chiefs.gif
That commercial makes me laugh every time.

Nuggies LOL

Reid had a career at SNL if he wants one when he's done with football.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Or they could just hire Tyler Smith for the week and Jalen Carter won't be a factor.

dagreat1_87

Reaction score
actually I bet this was gonna just be a reminder to turn away from the line a little bit when you're spiking it problem solved not a big deal this isn't rocket science people are gonna see that and say next time don't throw it right at the center throw it towards the side that's it it's done all this will be for not cool play it wasn't successful and now the team see it's possible they'll start reminding the quarterback to spike it in a different place just slightly off to the side
Yea I don't disagree but some of those situations can be very intense with only a few seconds left. a young qb, or just a low game iq one could easily forget in the heat of the moment

Motorola

Reaction score

Gotta give credit for trying anything.
That’s a giant human able to do that …. Scary.
The guy is an amazing athlete.
I literally have never even thought of that before.

Dude is like 310 lbs.... I pulled a hammy just watching that.

Would have gone down as the greatest INT of all time...AND the weirdest INT of all time.

Curious to see if that becomes "a thing".

What if someone tried that when the QB was trying to take a knee. Keep ur hand between knee and ground lol
An example of how some players, even away from the from the team facility and practice, have an eye out for any method or approach to gain an edge or make a difference during games.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
KC has a problem at WR. Had they kept Tyreek Hill there probably would be no end to the number of Super Bowls they would win.

kskboys

Reaction score
KC has a problem at WR. Had they kept Tyreek Hill there probably would be no end to the number of Super Bowls they would win.
Not true. Not true at all. Paying Tyreek 30 mil/season would cause major weaknesses elsewhere.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Not true. Not true at all. Paying Tyreek 30 mil/season would cause major weaknesses elsewhere.
From what I’ve seen of KC their major weakness is at WR. A Super Bowl window only stays open for so long. It was a big mistake moving on from a dynamic receiver like Tyreek Hill. Do a Google everywhere you look all their problems point to receiver.

https://arrowheadaddict.com/2022/03/23/kc-chiefs-trading-tyreek-hill-huge-mistake/

https://www.newsweek.com/chiefs-went-cheap-receivers-could-burn-millions-1845614.

kskboys

Reaction score
From what I’ve seen of KC their major weakness is at WR. A Super Bowl window only stays open for so long. It was a big mistake moving on from a dynamic receiver like Tyreek Hill. Do a Google everywhere you look all their problems point to receiver.

https://arrowheadaddict.com/2022/03/23/kc-chiefs-trading-tyreek-hill-huge-mistake/

https://www.newsweek.com/chiefs-went-cheap-receivers-could-burn-millions-1845614.
Absolutely. However, Chris Jones is just as big of a factor. Maybe bigger. Sign Tyreek, Chris Jones is gone. Along w/ a few other players.