how long before we can dump Wade and have him take his 3-4 D with him?

BigD_95

Reaction score
I admit I was looking forward to the 3-4 D. I was wrong!

This D we run is a joke. Im sick of watching it week after week on the field. Soft zones while we blitz. Its a joke. We have the players to easy move to a 4-3 D.

Wade laid back act is old. Players now are basically question his style.

This team is too good to...with too good of talent to show that crap 3 weeks in a row. I never overreact or want to make moves but there needs to be changes.

go ahead and beat me up...I don't care..

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I also want to move back to the 4-3.

But I will admit that the last 3 weeks have turned me into something of an alarmist.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
BigD_95;2334116 said:
I admit I was looking forward to the 3-4 D. I was wrong!

This D we run is a joke. Im sick of watching it week after week on the field. Soft zones while we blitz. Its a joke. We have the players to easy move to a 4-3 D.

Wade laid back act is old. Players now are basically question his style.

This team is too good to...with too good of talent to show that crap 3 weeks in a row. I never overreact or want to make moves but there needs to be changes.

go ahead and beat me up...I don't care..

If implemented properly the 3-4 works.

But you are dead right about Wade.
He needs to go. Jerra needs to do something now. Not toward the end of the season. Wade shrugging and making excuses has gotten old. If he gets as angry with his players as he does with the media he'd do wonders.

Bach

Benched
Reaction score
Yeah, I see no reason we have to be married to the 3-4. We have players in place where we could easily move back to the 4-3.

One of the dumbest things we did was base our last coaching hire on who could run a 3-4. It wasn't necessary. Just hire a good HC, instead of limiting yourself like that.

Aliencowboy

Reaction score
Couldn't agree more!

This soft zone D covers one spot at 8 yards. Give up everything underneath and everything deep.

Still don't get why on Blitzes they play 8 yards off. Henry gets beat playing man inside the 15 because he's playing 8 yards off the ball. Who could cover that?

Get the noose. Special teams, penalties, lack of inspiration and fire, lack of aggressiveness, lack of good personnel decisions (why have henry chasing small WRs everywhere when you have pac-man and Tnew for Washington? Why not have Henry and Jenkins jamming bigger slower receivers at the line?) Henry got beat four times on drive.

masomenos

Less is more
Reaction score
zrinkill;2334155 said:
But I will admit that the last 3 weeks have turned me into something of an alarmist.

You and me both. Things are just not looking good right now.

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
In a 4-3:

Ware Spears Ratliff Ellis/Spencer

Burnett Zach ????

Yeah it's doable in the offseason.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
windward;2334363 said:
In a 4-3:

Ware Spears Ratliff Ellis/Spencer

Burnett Zach ????

Yeah it's doable in the offseason.

Its doable during the bye week.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
Stupid. This is a proven successful scheme. There's no reason to switch to the 43.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Chocolate Lab;2334420 said:
Stupid. This is a proven successful scheme. There's no reason to switch to the 43.

You are probably right ..... I am just starting to hate the 3-4 and everything that reminds me of the disappointing runs of Parcells and it looks like Wade.

the 3-4 is starting to equal underachieving to me.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
zrinkill;2334453 said:
You are probably right ..... I am just starting to hate the 3-4 and everything that reminds me of the disappointing runs of Parcells and it looks like Wade.

the 3-4 is starting to equal underachieving to me.

How was that 43 when Campo was head coach? ;)

Seriously, I get that people are frustrated. But this scheme has worked for a long time.

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
Hopefully sooner rather than later got damn Jerry telling wade he would be back next season in this years off season that was a stupid move!!!!!!!

Lifetimeboyzfan

Reaction score
I think our scheme is fine, until we break down the secondary. Our soft zones are pointless behind blitzes as they give up hot reads/short passes all day. You are supposed to play tighter man coverages behind blitzes so that you are gaurding against the dumpoffs that are likely to come.

Lifetimeboyzfan

Reaction score
DaBoys4Life;2334464 said:
Hopefully sooner rather than later got damn Jerry telling wade he would be back next season in this years off season that was a stupid move!!!!!!!

I understand being frustrated, but it would be absolutely stupid to fire Wade. He has won a great percentage of ball games as the coach. Just because you don't like his demeanor doesn't mean he is a bad coach.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
The problems have nothing to do with the front 7. Were stopping the run and are playing alright with the underneath stuff. The problem is with the coverages.

Lifetimeboyzfan

Reaction score
FuzzyLumpkins;2334653 said:
The problems have nothing to do with the front 7. Were stopping the run and are playing alright with the underneath stuff. The problem is with the coverages.

Absolutely, you don't play soft zone behind a blitz... It defeats the purpose. When being blitzed, usually teams will dump short to get rid of the ball quick and our zones allow them to do just that.

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
Lifetimeboyzfan;2334472 said:
I understand being frustrated, but it would be absolutely stupid to fire Wade. He has won a great percentage of ball games as the coach. Just because you don't like his demeanor doesn't mean he is a bad coach.

I don't care how many games he has run for us....a brain dead monkey could have this team win....we need a coach not some soft *** philsberrydough boy for coach.

Lifetimeboyzfan

Reaction score
DaBoys4Life;2334756 said:
I don't care how many games he has run for us....a brain dead monkey could have this team win....we need a coach not some soft *** philsberrydough boy for coach.

Ok then bright guy, who? Who that is available right now could come in and take this team to a level that Wade nor Parcells could?