how long before we can dump Wade and have him take his 3-4 D with him?

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
CowboyChris;2334909 said:
its simple, our 3-4 doesnt work cause we have crappy linebackers!! with the excecption of Ware. Ellis is a DE..Brady James is average, Burnett is always hurt, Carpenter is a bust, Spencer (jury out) Zach Thomas is over the hill.

and we still dont have the prototype NT to run it properly. and we have a safety who cant cover (RW) those are some of the reasons why it hasnt worked around here even when BP was here.

Bingo.

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
CATCH17;2334932 said:
I remember the last idiot who said something like that in our organization and it cost us at least 1 more superbowl.

Probably more.

Special teams coach is terrible. I agree.

But the secondary has had its bright spots through out that 17-5 record and the past 2 weeks our coverages have been much more aggresive.

Hell we only gave up 17 points to the Cardinals @ Arizona yesterday. Pretty damn good.

Not when the 17 points come in the 2nd half......

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
DaBoys4Life;2334905 said:
Maybe we should switch from the 3-4 then. I love Ware at OLB however its becoming apparent that either the 3-4 needs to go or some coaches needs to go cause there no reason for us team to have only two INT's and not be able to get consistent pressure. So if a 4-3 means Ware rushing every down I am all for it.

3-4 is all about getting pressure.

For you guys who like to whine about not blitzing enough. Go back to a 4-3 and the blitzing will be as common as Wade yelling furiously at the team.

Ware is one of the best OLB's in the league.

It wont help our pass defense any either.

There is no need to switch at all. Its just an obvious over reaction by the Fans.

28 Joker

28 Joker
Reaction score
The defense gave up 17 points yesterday.

The offense started with the ball at the Arizona:

25 (after a fumble recovery by the defense)
27 (after a fumble recovery on the kickoff)
46 (after the onside kick recovery)

And

Didn't score one point. In fact, Romo turned the ball over the first time.

Some of the special teams problems in kickoff coverage are personnel. Watkins and Roy Williams can help them.

I don't understand why the special teams coach decided to get cute with his punt protection. That is not smart.

DeMarcus Ware is the best 3-4 defensive player in the NFL. He had a monster game yesterday. Anthony Spencer needs to stay healthy, and he needs to start, because his play will be crucial to the success of the defense in the very near future. Spencer is another hybrid who is tailor made for the 3-4.

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
CATCH17;2334949 said:
3-4 is all about getting pressure.

For you guys who like to whine about not blitzing enough. Go back to a 4-3 and the blitzing will be as common as Wade yelling furiously at the team.

Ware is one of the best OLB's in the league.

It wont help our pass defense any either.

There is no need to switch at all. Its just an obvious over reaction by the Fans.

IDK man we need to grab somebody. The 4-3 might mean we won't blitz a lot however we are bringing enough. We did have some good shots on Warner and some blitzer's that came free however we need more of that and we need to stop giving so much cushion.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
41gy#;2334959 said:
The defense gave up 17 points yesterday.

The offense started with the ball at the Arizona:

25 (after a fumble recovery by the defense)
27 (after a fumble recovery on the kickoff)
46 (after the onside kick recovery)

Yep very frustrating.

The play that made me the most furious was not calling timeout before the half on 3rd & 1.

We could have got a touchdown on that drive. Instead we just missed a chip shot field goal.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
DaBoys4Life;2334965 said:
IDK man we need to grab somebody. The 4-3 might mean we won't blitz a lot however we are bringing enough. We did have some good shots on Warner and some blitzer's that came free however we need more of that and we need to stop giving so much cushion.

The last 2 games we have.

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
CATCH17;2334990 said:
The last 2 games we have.

Yea well we people name What ever the hell the WR is named for the Cardinals has 8 catches for 102 yards its pretty hard to listen or believe that the defense has changed or that they aren't still giving up the cushion people are wide open in the middle of the field.....

Lifetimeboyzfan

Reaction score
DaBoys4Life;2335025 said:
Yea well we people name What ever the hell the WR is named for the Cardinals has 8 catches for 102 yards its pretty hard to listen or believe that the defense has changed or that they aren't still giving up the cushion people are wide open in the middle of the field.....

I agree that our soft zone coverages have been shredded at times, but I feel that is more to do sole with our coverage schemes being wrong. When we are blitzing, we should often have our corners up on the line jamming receivers, I NEVER see our corners jamming. This allows any offense to simply hit the short dump off as soon as they see a blitz coming.

Aside from that, I think our D is playing pretty well and did yesterday too.

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
Lifetimeboyzfan;2335053 said:
I agree that our soft zone coverages have been shredded at times, but I feel that is more to do sole with our coverage schemes being wrong. When we are blitzing, we should often have our corners up on the line jamming receivers, I NEVER see our corners jamming. This allows any offense to simply hit the short dump off as soon as they see a blitz coming.

Aside from that, I think our D is playing pretty well and did yesterday too.

Our Defense is playing like trash.......

THEHEREAFTER

Reaction score
Do people realize we held the Cards to 17 points in their place shutting them out for a half? It's hard to hold a potent offense forever. Sometimes you just get beat. No, I'm not content but I think we put some heat on Warner. The old vet still has some tricks and played well. AZ at home is not a cakewalk folks. Sometimes you lose because you lose.