How long will Kellen be here ? As OC and later as HC

DandyDon52

Reaction score
That number one offense was only because his offense beat up on terrible teams. When it went up against teams that were any good, his offense suddenly got pathetic. OC's should be graded and judged on those games and not because they can call a game that runs up the yards and scores against pathetic teams.
that is how I see it too.
total stats are for casual fans, fantasy football etc.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Not KMoores fault that Dak had a terrible game.
actually it is his fault, but saying that , it was a team loss.
kellen mike both did a poor job with game plan and preparation.

That last play shows just how bad they both are.
I was looking at that play and all the wr did not block 1 person, connor wound up blocking no one.
if they had blocked the 2 guys on the left dak could have run it out of bounds which would stop the clock.

Adreme

Reaction score
That number one offense was only because his offense beat up on terrible teams. When it went up against teams that were any good, his offense suddenly got pathetic. OC's should be graded and judged on those games and not because they can call a game that runs up the yards and scores against pathetic teams.

The thing about that though is that even if you take out the entire NFC East they are still a top 5 offense (and it is not as though the Cowboys are the only team to have a bad division). We could keep subtracting but at that point I would point to the other top offenses and note that they also have a lot of games where they just looked bad. If you want an offense to be dominant every single game that is not going to happen and has not happened since 2007 (and even then that only lasted until the Super Bowl).

TequilaCowboy

Reaction score
Hoping KM gets an offer somewhere else, NFL USFL, CFL, LFL or NCAA.....and skidaddles outta here soon. We are doomed if he becomes HC after MM... Garrett 2.0 is about right.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
I see this year as a xroads for Moore. He underperformed last year and was snakebit the year before.

If he succeeds this year with a top 8 offense then he could be around for a long time. If he craps the bed he could get canned before the season ends. Too much is up in the air.

Pass2Run

Reaction score
It’s funny watching some of these fans try to analyze football, Moore and the offense.

the best is when they admit that the oline went in the toilet, zeke got hurt, Dak got hurt, cooper missed time with Covid, the oline became a penalty machine and then they blame the guy that still had the #1 scoring offense in football.

now Moore certainly hit a wall, but the amount of poor analysis is funny to watch.

Wow, I didn't know Moore had any believers left on this forum. I was starting to think I was the only one who had faith in him.

Pass2Run

Reaction score
What concerns me about KM is normalization of deviance. The term normalization of deviance was coined by sociologist Diane Vaughan in her analysis of the Challenger space shuttle disaster.

Basically, the term means the process by which incorrect behavior or the negation of rules becomes ingrained or normalized in a culture.

Although KM grew up in a football family, he has spent the bulk of his professional career - both as a player and as a coach - with the Dallas Cowboys. My point is this - to a large extent, his cultural "role models" are the dysfunctional Jones FO. I would be mildly surprised if he becomes anything more than Garrett 2 point 0.

You also see this phenomenon in the draft, where risky behavior is normalized.

But I see Moore as being more calculated in what he does. He's not a willy nilly type and doesn't really seem to take too many risks where the timing is particularly bad. I do think he stuck with the wrong offensive philosophy in the San Fran game for too long. But I think he likely learned a hard lesson in San Fran.

My only knock on Moore is that he's cutting his chops in Dallas. The way I see it, if we groom him here as an NFL guy, he's likely to go to another team and play well. It's not like he's had the best players here, on the offense. There seems to be way more talent on defense. So he's getting a lot of bang for our buck out of this offense.

Also, if Payton were ever to come here, I'd argue that he and Moore would actually work great together, as a team.

Pass2Run

Reaction score
Jerry can't offer Kellen the head coaching job if they have double digit wins. He can't push McCarthy out and keep Kellen, there would be no justification.

Jerry can't top an offer to be a Head Coach for a franchise that actually let's you become a Head Coach.

He could do what he's done before, though, and promise the job to him like he did Jason Garrett when Garrett was getting looks from other teams.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Despite being loved by the Jones family, I don't think Kellen Moore ever gets the head coaching job here. I have a strong suspicion Sean Peyton will be hired to clean up the mess McCarthy has created. Then with renewed success on offense, Kellen will be offered a head coaching job elsewhere.

plasticman

Reaction score
He could do what he's done before, though, and promise the job to him like he did Jason Garrett when Garrett was getting looks from other teams.
When did he promise the job to Garrett?

If Jerry Jones had previously promised the job to Garrett while Wade Phillips was still there then why didn't Jerry automatically make Garrett the HC when Wade was fired?

Instead, he made Garrett the interim and said the permanent position would be contingent on the success of the team during the second half of the season.