How lucky can we get?

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
It was a bad decision to rush only 3 DL against Rodgers on that play...period! It wasn't about trying to sack him (which would have been great!), but no it was about rushing him into having to make a quicker decision and hopefully a bad throw altogether. Why I need to explain this to you is beyond me...I mean this is just fundamental. You send the freakin house and rush his hobbled azz! At the very least you send 4 DL..not just 3 to play patty cake with the OL, while Rodgers smokes a cigarette deciding who to throw to. Playing scared of Rodgers in that situation, is exactly what happened and that line of thinking falls on Marinelli. If you can't see that, then I can't help you understand.

I know you'll respond, since you're one these "last word" guys. Just don't make me put you on ignore..peace out.

Because you have this idea that if the Cowboys rushed 4 or even did a blitz that Rogers wouldn't been able to complete a pass but in actuality prior to that pass Rogers was at 66% completion percentage when they did rush for and/or blitzed and that means that the Cowboys had only about a 34% chance of getting to him to either sack him or rush him. Unfortunately for all of us things, even the things you think should have happened, don't always happen. It's so easy to say this or that in your test tube world of the NFL but unfortunately the NFL isn't played in a test tube.

I could care less if you go run and hide and put me on ignore.

Silverstar

Reaction score
Because you have this idea that if the Cowboys rushed 4 or even did a blitz that Rogers wouldn't been able to complete a pass but in actuality prior to that pass Rogers was at 66% completion percentage when they did rush for and/or blitzed and that means that the Cowboys had only about a 34% chance of getting to him to either sack him or rush him. Unfortunately for all of us things, even the things you think should have happened, don't always happen. It's so easy to say this or that in your test tube world of the NFL but unfortunately the NFL isn't played in a test tube.

I could care less if you go run and hide and put me on ignore.

Hide from you? :laugh:

Wow...look at those pretty percentages you came up with to justify your ignorance on that single play. I got news for you bud...those percentages don't mean jack! I don't have the time to explain to you the ebb and flow (so to speak) of a game and how decisions are made by coaches based on time, down, distance, weather, injuries and many, many other factors that I'm not going get into with you and waste my time. I wish you luck. :rolleyes:

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
Hide from you? :laugh:

Wow...look at those pretty percentages you came up with to justify your ignorance on that single play. I got news for you bud...those percentages don't mean jack! I don't have the time to explain to you the ebb and flow (so to speak) of a game and how decisions are made by coaches based on time, down, distance, weather, injuries and many, many other factors that I'm not going get into with you and waste my time. I wish you luck. :rolleyes:

Gee Rodgers was gimpy all game from an injury the week before and on a 3rd and 13 the Cowboys rushed 4 and Rodgers completed the pass for 14 yards and a 1st down. On a 3rd and 9 the Cowboys blitzed and Rogers threw a little dump off pass of 6 yards to RB Ty Montgomery who ran for another 6 yards and a 1st down. Both of those were earlier in the game when the defense had fresher legs. Just about every analyst and the announcers said with Rodgers having a gimpy leg that the Cowboys should run up the sack totals on him but didn't. Now all those other plays either the Cowboys weren't really trying to get to Rodgers (and if anyone really believes that I have some swamp land for them) or your idea that rushing 4 or blitzing would have automatically sacked Rodgers at that exact pay, even though they only sacked him twice all game with fresher legs. The number of times that a team does an all out blitz in that kind of circumstances and the QB hits the hot receiver for a big play is almost endless. It's happened to the Cowboys on both defense and offense. Yes there is times when it works but then usually the team on defense has gotten to the QB enough times during the game to up the odds of it happening again You just refused to except that the Cowboys went with the higher odds based on what the defense did up to that play. If the defense only sacked him twice in 41 plays then the odds were against them getting to the same gimpy QB again on that play. No matter how much you want to play DC the professional DC went with the odds and unfortunately for all of us it didn't work.

kskboys

Reaction score
And garrett will get all the credit lol.
One already said he made kellen his OC !
But yeah a lot of luck.
Why in hades would it make any difference who gets the credit?

I just don't get you guys sometimes.

Silverstar

Reaction score
Gee Rodgers was gimpy all game from an injury the week before and on a 3rd and 13 the Cowboys rushed 4 and Rodgers completed the pass for 14 yards and a 1st down. On a 3rd and 9 the Cowboys blitzed and Rogers threw a little dump off pass of 6 yards to RB Ty Montgomery who ran for another 6 yards and a 1st down. Both of those were earlier in the game when the defense had fresher legs. Just about every analyst and the announcers said with Rodgers having a gimpy leg that the Cowboys should run up the sack totals on him but didn't. Now all those other plays either the Cowboys weren't really trying to get to Rodgers (and if anyone really believes that I have some swamp land for them) or your idea that rushing 4 or blitzing would have automatically sacked Rodgers at that exact pay, even though they only sacked him twice all game with fresher legs. The number of times that a team does an all out blitz in that kind of circumstances and the QB hits the hot receiver for a big play is almost endless. It's happened to the Cowboys on both defense and offense. Yes there is times when it works but then usually the team on defense has gotten to the QB enough times during the game to up the odds of it happening again You just refused to except that the Cowboys went with the higher odds based on what the defense did up to that play. If the defense only sacked him twice in 41 plays then the odds were against them getting to the same gimpy QB again on that play. No matter how much you want to play DC the professional DC went with the odds and unfortunately for all of us it didn't work.

Blah, blah, blah...higher odds...didn't work...ok then have it your way. :rolleyes:
:oldcouple:

Last edited: