How lucky can we get?

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
We hire linehan who gave us Moore. Kellen wouldnt be here without his former boss. He also wouldnt be coaching yet if he hadn't gotten hurt.

If we hadn't missed out on the other 3 QB's Dallas targeted we would'nt have taken Dak with that 4th round comp pick.

Just thinking all of the things that had to happen to bring moore, kitna, dak together on this team. So many things that happened by chance but now we see how well they fit together. It makes one believe #3 might just be the SB, if we can get that lucky.

visionary

Reaction score
We hire linehan who gave us Moore. Kellen wouldnt be here without his former boss. He also wouldnt be coaching yet if he hadn't gotten hurt.

If we hadn't missed out on the other 3 QB's Dallas targeted we would'nt have taken Dak with that 4th round comp pick.

Just thinking all of the things that had to happen to bring moore, kitna, dak together on this team. So many things that happened by chance but now we see how well they fit together. It makes one believe #3 might just be the SB, if we can get that lucky.

Sometimes it’s better to be lucky than good

In this case, these ‘lucky’ incidents have coincided with actually being good (thanx to McClay) so I’m hoping we might actually have a shot at winning something despite our HC

RodeoJake

Reaction score
He deserves the credit. He’s the HC. That’s how it works.

If the team doesn’t win, there’s no credit to be had. If it does, the HC is doing his job.

I dislike Red almost as much as most of you, but as much as it gnaws at my gut to say it, he deserves credit for letting Moore and Kitna do their jobs without interference.

HungryLion

Reaction score
This post brings to mind something from my favorite movie The Shawshank Redemption.

We had to crawl through a river of **** to come out clean on the other side. I wouldn’t say it’s been luck.

There were some really rough years for Cowboys fans for a while there.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I dislike Red almost as much as most of you, but as much as it gnaws at my gut to say it, he deserves credit for letting Moore and Kitna do their jobs without interference.

The idea that the HC isn’t involved with the offense or defense obviously isn’t accurate, either. Garrett did take a while to get the right staff in place. He’s also benefitting from a QB who’s taken a big step forward here in his fourth season. That’s making a huge difference right now.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Don't focus on the negative. Hang in there. We'll catch our break.

AlienBoy

Reaction score
It’s a process!
basher-saints.gif

CowboyRoy

Reaction score

Dak I consider luck. However, we have had to deal with the horrid Garrett and his boy linehan for faaaar too long. Bringing a real OC in like Moore was way over due.

Jones has just finally seen the obvious, but it took him way too long.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
And garrett will get all the credit lol.
One already said he made kellen his OC !
But yeah a lot of luck.

There are about 4 total Garrett apologists on here that will try to steer credit to Garrett. Other then that, people are smart enough to understand how hires and fires the coaches here in Dallas.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
He deserves the credit. He’s the HC. That’s how it works.

If the team doesn’t win, there’s no credit to be had. If it does, the HC is doing his job.

Not in Dallas it doesn't. Jerry hires and fires the coaches here, not Garrett. Amazing after several decades you still cant figure out this simple point in regards to who is in charge here.

In fact, if the team losses, you just simply say Garrett didn't have enough talent. LOL

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
The idea that the HC isn’t involved with the offense or defense obviously isn’t accurate, either. Garrett did take a while to get the right staff in place. He’s also benefitting from a QB who’s taken a big step forward here in his fourth season. That’s making a huge difference right now.

Garrett doesn't hire the staff. Stop saying stupid things.

Being involved in the offense and someone else running the offense much better than you ever did, is something else completely.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score

Garrett was told specifically and warned to stay out of the way by Jerry. This is old news already.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
And garrett will get all the credit lol.
One already said he made kellen his OC !
But yeah a lot of luck.
ONE said that? What about the many? The overwhelming majority? They aren’t talking about Garrett having done a great job bringing in Moore and Kitna, they are simply talking about Moore and Kitna doing a great job.

RodeoJake

Reaction score

Of course he's involved, but he ain't micromanaging either side of the ball. He is being more of an overseer. Now I want to see if he's gonna take a step forward when it comes to his in game management. I ain't that confident he will, but would like to be wrong.

Outlaw Heroes

Reaction score
There were some really rough years for Cowboys fans for a while there.

Not really. Fanbases like those in Buffalo, Cleveland, NY Jets: they've suffered rough years. We complain around here because we think Super Bowls are our birthright. '23 years and counting' is the mantra. Meantime there's a bunch of teams that have never won it. And while everyone looks at our string of years without a Super Bowl or a conference championship, they ignore that we've had exactly 2 losing seasons since 2005. You think that's rough? Talk to fans of some of those other teams.

We are indeed blessed as a fanbase.