How many carries will Zeke get a game?

DasTex

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Depends on what the Zeke getting in shape video looks like this summer - I'll let you know then :grin:

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Zeke will be the starter and will likely get the same number of carries he got his last season in Dallas. Dowdle will take over Pollards old role when he played behind Zeke. Not a great situation because Zeke isn’t what he was and Dowdle isn’t as good as Pollard. We’re just going to have to make do with it and hope for the best. Hopefully the OL picks will help the running game.

Reactions: G2

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Zeke will be the starter and will likely get the same number of carries he got his last season in Dallas. Dowdle will take over Pollards old role when he played behind Zeke. Not a great situation because Zeke isn’t what he was and Dowdle isn’t as good as Pollard. We’re just going to have to make do with it and hope for the best. Hopefully the OL picks will help the running game.
The teams that were better in the post season atmosphere pretty much all had a decent depth of RBs. We, again, do not and it's annoying.

Quickdraw

Reaction score
Since he's back, let's hope he's grown up a little and has retired his "Feed me" moniker. His job is to gain yards, not showboat. If you want to showboat after you help win the superbowl, go for it. But until then, a 1st down is what you're expected to get.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
It is what it is, this post is about how you feel they'll divide up the carries. What's your numbers for Zeke 10 or less touches? Will automatically designate him as RB1 not giving anyone a chance to really take his carries.

How should we use him
I would give you my thoughts, but you did not ask for them.

fivetwos

Reaction score
I remember a lot of moaning around here that since Zeke was no home run threat whatsoever that teams were stacking the box and stuffing the run.

I guess that different two years later.

But hey, they saved a few million and can clear out the leftover jerseys.

Wouldn’t surprise me if it was all about making him play for cheap since Jerry lost the last round, probably similar to what he expects Prescott to do.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Zeke should be in, at most, short yardage and maybe some passing downs. That's it.

The guy doesn't have the speed to do anything else now. He was never the most agile player and he lacks second gear. What you hope to get from him is running between the tackles and pushing some bodies. He's an average RB at this point with very very limited skill set.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
It is what it is, this post is about how you feel they'll divide up the carries. What's your numbers for Zeke 10 or less touches? Will automatically designate him as RB1 not giving anyone a chance to really take his carries.

How should we use him
Depends on three things:
How many passing plays with they run, how many backs they carry on the game day roster and how many first and goal from the 10 or less they get.

Seems to be a lot of angst both on this site and in the media/fans in general about how he's not a no. 1 back, he's worn out, etc. but the simple truth is despite Jerry's protestations, Zeke is not there to be a no. 1 or large carry volume running back for the Cowboys. He's there for short yardage plays, either near the goal line or otherwise and to block for Dak on pass plays. With the occasional pass to Zeke, just to keep defenses guessing.