How many fans out there who have never missed a Cowboys playoff game?

catskillthunder

Reaction score
Been a fan since 1981 starting with 49ers game when I was 7 years old. Haven't missed a playoff game, but was late to watch the SB vs PIT in 1995 due to getting out of work late.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
Missed some of second half of second Buffalo Super Bowl to get laid.

Missed the Wade Phillips Eagles win because I was in an airliner over ocean with no access.

There have been several heartbreakers since the mid-90's that I wish I would have missed. LOL

Diehardblues

Reaction score
My fandom goes back to my childhood in the 90s. I started watching religiously at the age of 11 and didn't miss a playoff game during the 1995 run -- despite living in Europe as my dad was stationed overseas. I caught that year's games live on Sky Sports, including the Super Bowl which ended at something like 3 a.m. on a school day.

In 1996 I had to get creative. The Minnesota playoff win wasn't televised live overseas off-base, but a family friend recorded it and mailed us the VHS a few days later. Still one of my favorite games to watch. The debacle loss to the Panthers I could only watch on a random German station we received and did my best to tune in to a garbled radio feed on the Armed Forces Network. The Irvin and Deion injury sequences were quite confusing to me since the English radio feed was inconsistent.

I ended up catching my first game in person when we moved back to the States in 1998 -- the humiliating loss to Arizona and Jake Plummer. It's been a bumpy ride ever since. :laugh:
Very interesting how fans over seas watch the games. .

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Don't know the exact year, but I have not missed a game since the early 70's. The wifey knows to plan around.
Yea , my requirements for marriage.

Smart, gorgeous, an asset and crazed football fan. Not necessarily in that order . Lol
My wife met all criteria.

I could have never married anyone who wasn’t a Cowboy and or football fan.

I dated a girl in college from Calif . She was a SF fan but I knew it would never work.

Last edited:

Cowboys_22

Reaction score
My fandom goes back to my childhood in the 90s. I started watching religiously at the age of 11 and didn't miss a playoff game during the 1995 run -- despite living in Europe as my dad was stationed overseas. I caught that year's games live on Sky Sports, including the Super Bowl which ended at something like 3 a.m. on a school day.

In 1996 I had to get creative. The Minnesota playoff win wasn't televised live overseas off-base, but a family friend recorded it and mailed us the VHS a few days later. Still one of my favorite games to watch. The debacle loss to the Panthers I could only watch on a random German station we received and did my best to tune in to a garbled radio feed on the Armed Forces Network. The Irvin and Deion injury sequences were quite confusing to me since the English radio feed was inconsistent.

I ended up catching my first game in person when we moved back to the States in 1998 -- the humiliating loss to Arizona and Jake Plummer. It's been a bumpy ride ever since. :laugh:
AFN radio was a life saver. I was in Germany in 73-76 and listened to the playoff games. The Hail Mary was the highlight and the SB loss to the Steelers/Swan was a low point. The Monday night games started at 2AM. I would set my alarm so I could listen to Cowboy games when they played MNF. :thumbup:

Reaction score
I’ve had season tickets and have been to every home playoff game since ‘92. I haven’t missed watching on tv any away games beginning with the Runner-Up game against Baltimore in ‘65.

I can’t say I’ve seen every home game on tv since prior to ‘65 because of the blackout rule. There was a couple that I managed to see because my uncle had an antenna that would reach the Tyler stations and we went over there to watch.
I spent a lot of money to pickup Waco channel. I would get a good picture until the game came on. I had to get a signal booster. Then channel eleven would wash out the picture. Right when Dandy was tossing the football to Bob Hayes. Those were the days my friend.

Reaction score
Yea , my requirements for marriage.

Smart, gorgeous, an asset and crazed football fan. Not necessarily in that order . Lol
My wife met all criteria.

I could have never married anyone who wasn’t a Cowboy and or football fan.

I dated a girl in college from Calif . She was a SF fan but I knew it would never work.
I met a red hot little minx from L.A. Didn't marry her because she had red hair. So did I. Both of us had bad tempers.

JustChip

Reaction score
I spent a lot of money to pickup Waco channel. I would get a good picture until the game came on. I had to get a signal booster. Then channel eleven would wash out the picture. Right when Dandy was tossing the football to Bob Hayes. Those were the days my friend.
One of the tv ads by a power company (Champion?) with the family that is adverse to change is very familiar; the one where the dad is on the roof rotating the antenna. That was a constant activity to keep the signal strong enough. Ah, but the memories.

ak47kaehu

Reaction score
I caught every single playoff game since the 92-93 playoff run.......I was 9 at the time.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
You know my family in Waco was able to get an antenna that could pick up some of the Dallas channels but we were never able to pick up Waco channels from Metroplex.