How Many Games Does Romo Get...

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Dogstar;1124464 said:
If Romo doesn't perform, or rather, if he performs like he did against the Giants, how many games does he get before he gets yanked?

Is he in for the season no matter what or do we give Bledsoe another shot?
He won't get yanked. Only injury will take him off the field. Translation, Bledsoe's time in Dallas is effectively over.

StevenOtero

Reaction score
Hostile;1124845 said:
He won't get yanked. Only injury will take him off the field. Translation, Bledsoe's time in Dallas is effectively over.

:beer2:

Man-Law.

CowboyBlog

Reaction score
Hostile;1124845 said:

First of all: I see that you are an admin on this board, so let me tell you that appreciate you guys letting me disagree with people on this board. (I was banned and cussed out by a moderator on another board for saying it was a bad decision)

Secondly. I have to disagree with you. Please explain to me how you guys have so much confidence in a guy who has really yet to show anything at all. He had a few good games in pre season and stunk up the field in his only real meaningful half of football.

You are taking the position that Romo should start the rest of the season no matter what he does?

I dont understand. Where does the unconditional support come from?

cowboys19

Reaction score
CowboyBlog;1124872 said:
First of all: I see that you are an admin on this board, so let me tell you that appreciate you guys letting me disagree with people on this board. (I was banned and cussed out by a moderator on another board for saying it was a bad decision)

Secondly. I have to disagree with you. Please explain to me how you guys have so much confidence in a guy who has really yet to show anything at all. He had a few good games in pre season and stunk up the field in his only real meaningful half of football.

You are taking the position that Romo should start the rest of the season no matter what he does?

Because we expect him to improve, with some game experience

CowboyBlog

Reaction score
cowboys19;1124881 said:
Because we expect him to improve, with some game experience

Same question:

Where do you get the unconditional support. He can "improve" every game and still lose every single one of them.

Is there a scenerio in your mind right now other than injury where Romo would have to be pulled?

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
CowboyBlog;1124872 said:

I have very little confidence in him. Look around and read my posts. I just have the unfortunate habit of telling the truth.

The truth is that as much as Parcells loves Drew Bledsoe he can't afford to 2nd guess himself now. If Romo stinks out loud I still don't think he can go back to Bledsoe. He can't do it. That is an admission of failure and the man can't do that.

This is about the psychology of a fotball team as much as anything else. There are certain messages that are taboo. You are holding out hope for taboo. I don't see it as probable, and possible only through injury.

Now, maybe this is moot if Romo is really atrocious. He's not going to be atrocious. He may not conquer the world, but he isn't going to be the poster boy for bad QBs either.

You have to accept the fact Bledsoe is nailed to the sidelines and move on.

cowboys19

Reaction score
Hostile;1124890 said:
I have very little confidence in him. Look around and read my posts. I just have the unfortunate habit of telling the truth.

The truth is that as much as Parcells loves Drew Bledsoe he can't afford to 2nd guess himself now. If Romo stinks out loud I still don't think he can go back to Bledsoe. He can't do it. That is an admission of failure and the man can't do that.

This is about the psychology of a fotball team as much as anything else. There are certain messages that are taboo. You are holding out hope for taboo. I don't see it as probable, and possible only through injury.

Now, maybe this is moot if Romo is really atrocious. He's not going to be atrocious. He may not conquer the world, but he isn't going to be the poster boy for bad QBs either.

You have very little confidence in him, but by tonight you will.

CowboyBlog

Reaction score
Hostile;1124890 said:

I disagree. If we lose 5 or 6 in a row, it would be worse for the team and the franchise to keep him out there. We would actually be hurting our psychology for next year. Good young players would mentally become average young players.

Parcells was happy enough to admit his mistake and pull Bledsoe in the middle of a big game on national television. If Romo doesn't win a game by thanksgiving, the same people that were holding up signs in the stadium for Romo will be holding up Bledsoe signs. Or more likely, "Parcells has to go" signs. If Romo doesn't win a game, the taboo message wouldn't even need to be said.

We dont know if he is going to be the poster boy for Bad Qbs or not. We just dont know enough about him. Fact is that he could go winless this year and play good next year. Even if that happens, it would be to late.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
cowboys19;1124906 said:
Because you say so right?

Don't try to tell me how I will think or feel. It's insulting.

cowboys19

Reaction score
Hostile;1124913 said:
Because you say so right?

Don't try to tell me how I will think or feel. It's insulting.

Not because i say so, because he will play well. Unless you fail to admit it after tonight:lmao:

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
HTownCowboysFan;1124529 said:
Bingo. I just hope he doesn't "Chutch" it up. ;)

I know you're joking about Chutch, but I doubt he'll pull one, he can actually feel the pocket getting smaller

CowboyBlog

Reaction score
cowboys19;1124906 said:

Please explain to me why you have the opinion. I really hope he does play well. It would make me happy.

But what makes you so confident? There is not enough information available for anyone to be so certain about that. That is not a knock on Romo. Its just the truth. One half of NFL football is all you have to look at.

Our opinions can differ on that half, but the same result tonight will be disastrous. Bottom line: he has to play better tonight than he has ever play in his life in the NFL for us to have a chance to win one game. But you are confident that he will lead us to the playoffs.

Where does the confidence come from?

Crown Royal

Insulin Beware
Reaction score
CowboyBlog;1124910 said:
I disagree. If we lose 5 or 6 in a row, it would be worse for the team and the franchise to keep him out there. We would actually be hurting our psychology for next year. Good young players would mentally become average young players.

Parcells was happy enough to admit his mistake and pull Bledsoe in the middle of a big game on national television. If Romo doesn't win a game by thanksgiving, the same people that were holding up signs in the stadium for Romo will be holding up Bledsoe signs. Or more likely, "Parcells has to go" signs. If Romo doesn't win a game, the taboo message wouldn't even need to be said.

We dont know if he is going to be the poster boy for Bad Qbs or not. We just dont know enough about him. Fact is that he could go winless this year and play good next year. Even if that happens, it would be to late.

Non of this really makes sense. We all admit that he might suck. Hostile has little confidence in him. I have little confidence, but don't think he will be awful. I think he might have something, but I have no idea. His three picks were awful.

The point is - he is out there because the guy before him has sucked, or been no better than average, for 6 straight games, more going into last season. You lose your job when you don't play well - period. Bledsoe played too many games too long.

Romo is in there with the hopes that he is better. Other than the three INTs, he already showed some better things. We'll see if he can cut the mistakes. But if he can't and shows that he has no ability, then all we know is that we don't have a single good QB on the roster.

But until he starts throwing 3 picks consistently every game and taking 6 sacks a game, I see no reason to go back to the other guy. None.

cowboys19

Reaction score
CowboyBlog;1124920 said:
Please explain to me why you have the opinion. I really hope he does play well. It would make me happy.

But what makes you so confident? There is not enough information available for anyone to be so certain about that. That is not a knock on Romo. Its just the truth. One half of NFL football is all you have to look at.

Our opinions can differ on that half, but the same result tonight will be disastrous. Bottom line: he has to play better tonight than he has ever play in his life in the NFL for us to have a chance to win one game. But you are confident that he will lead us to the playoffs.

Where does the confidence come from?

It comes from watching him with my own eyes.:laugh2:

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
CowboyBlog;1124910 said:

I have no idea of your football background, so forgive me if I get a little too basic for you.

I want you to remember the Spurrier years in Washington for just a minute if you can. Steve Spurrier is a very bright football mind. Especially with regards to the offensive side of the ball. The owner of the Commanders was a huge Spurrier fan. He made him the highest paid Head Coach in the NFL despite no experience at thsi level.

Why did this same owner run him out of town with a lot of time left on his contract?

Because a Head Football coach in the NFL cannot look like he doesn't know what he is doing. Spurrier had a carousel at QB and it undermined his entire legacy.

Parcells isn't about to jump on that ride. Get real. It is fine for you to think Bledsoe is better, but you need to accept the reality of the situation. Barring injury or utter and complete failure Parcells cannot afford to go backwards and undermine his own authority with this team. He can't.

Billy Bullocks

Reaction score
10 games.

If he plays poorly and takes us out of contention, theres no point in going to Bledsoe.

If he plays well, stick with him.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
cowboys19;1124916 said:
Not because i say so, because he will play well. Unless you fail to admit it after tonight:lmao:
If he plays well, I will say so. If he plays badly try not to get "pissed off" at my telling the truth.

CowboyBlog

Reaction score
Hostile;1124929 said:
I have no idea of your football background, so forgive me if I get a little too basic for you.

I never played in the NFL, but played at a higher level than 99% of the people. My background is strong.

I want you to remember the Spurrier years in Washington for just a minute if you can. Steve Spurrier is a very bright football mind. Especially with regards to the offensive side of the ball. The owner of the Commanders was a huge Spurrier fan. He made him the highest paid Head Coach in the NFL despite no experience at thsi level.

Why did this same owner run him out of town with a lot of time left on his contract?

Spurrier was run out of town because he was losing while continuing to start young qbs with no NFL experience. The same thing we are doing.

Because a Head Football coach in the NFL cannot look like he doesn't know what he is doing. Spurrier had a carousel at QB and it undermined his entire legacy.

Exactly

Parcells isn't about to jump on that ride. Get real. It is fine for you to think Bledsoe is better, but you need to accept the reality of the situation. Barring injury or utter and complete failure Parcells cannot afford to go backwards and undermine his own authority with this team. He can't.

I cant imagine a scenerio worse for Parcells reputation than pulling his guy (Bledsoe) in the middle of a game for an unknown. That has to be the single worse thing to happen that would undermine his own authority. Especially with jerry doing an interview on the sideline taking credit for it and then bailing on him when it didn't work.

He could save face if he makes the switch back. (Assuming Romo doesn't win games)
Did you notice the press conference after the game. Parcells is not about to jump on that ride, he was already on it!

Bizwah

Reaction score
Romo should at least get these last ten games....he should be allowed to COMPETE for the job next season.

I very seriously doubt the Dallas fans will be patient enough with Romo. Heck, if he lays an egg tonight, there'll be fans waiting to castrate him.

All I want from Romo is for him to stay away from the mistakes that plagued the last nine QBs we've had. I want to see a QB that won't throw an ill-advised INT when we're driving for a score (oops...he's done that once), or inexplicably fumble.....OR have the ball slip from his hands when he tries to kill the clock with a spike.

Wright threw more TDs than INTs...the sad story here is, he may have been one of our better attempts.
Leaf couldn't stay away from INTs
Stoerner not NFL material
Carter bad INTs, fumbles, me first attitude
Hutchinson sacked every other time he dropped back...fumbled every other time sacked
Testaverde older than dirt...couldn't even spike the ball
Henson shaky....slow with decisions
Bledsoe pat..pat...pat...sack...

Romo?

Yikes....Seriously, QB has really held this team hostage for too long.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
CowboyBlog;1125017 said:
I cant imagine a scenerio worse for Parcells reputation than pulling his guy (Bledsoe) in the middle of a game for an unknown. That has to be the single worse thing to happen that would undermine his own authority. Especially with jerry doing an interview on the sideline taking credit for it and then bailing on him when it didn't work.

He could save face if he makes the switch back. (Assuming Romo doesn't win games)
Did you notice the press conference after the game. Parcells is not about to jump on that ride, he was already on it!

Whew, hard to read bra. If you want to splice the quotes simply close the quote area then open the new area. I can't read it in all red. Too hard on the eyes.