How Many Games Does Romo Get...

jackrussell

Last of the Duke Street Kings
Reaction score
CowboyBlog;1124886 said:
Same question:

Where do you get the unconditional support. He can "improve" every game and still lose every single one of them.

Is there a scenerio in your mind right now other than injury where Romo would have to be pulled?

If he "improves" ever game and they still lose every single one of them, then it won't be because of Romo.

Kilyin

Reaction score
Bledsoe isn't coming back. This is a good thing. Get over it.

cowfan

Reaction score
I believe he gets the entire season unless he sinks like the Titanic. This is about the remaining games, but more about next season. The Cowboys are going to have solve their quarterback problem. I keep seeing people talking about Brady Quinn. Unless the Cowboys completely fall apart I don't think Quinn will be there when they draft. Fans kept calling for Romo since the season began even though he hadn't played in a meaningful game. I'm pulling for Romo, but if the offensive line does not block Romo will be in the same spot as Bledsoe. A sack victim. He maybe mobile, but he's not superman.

CowboyBlog

Reaction score
cowfan;1125164 said:
I believe he gets the entire season unless he sinks like the Titanic. This is about the remaining games, but more about next season. The Cowboys are going to have solve their quarterback problem. I keep seeing people talking about Brady Quinn. Unless the Cowboys completely fall apart I don't think Quinn will be there when they draft. Fans kept calling for Romo since the season began even though he hadn't played in a meaningful game. I'm pulling for Romo, but if the offensive line does not block Romo will be in the same spot as Bledsoe. A sack victim. He maybe mobile, but he's not superman.

I'm praying for Romo's sucess also, but the fact is that we dont know what he has. Everyone that is so sure he is the next Troy Aikman were the same people that were so sure he was the clipboard QB when training camp opened.

This is a one shot deal, maybe two if we are lucky. Our window for the superbowl was this year. We dont have time for him to learn on the job. If he doesn't get it done, we just hope we didn't wait to late to pull the trigger back the other way. At 3-7, our chances and Romo's future will both be over.

We could have gone to the playoffs with Bledsoe and might have been a key play or an injury away from playing at home during January. That was our best chance. Unless Romo can win right away.

Crown Royal

Insulin Beware
Reaction score
CowboyBlog;1125179 said:
I'm praying for Romo's sucess also, but the fact is that we dont know what he has. Everyone that is so sure he is the next Troy Aikman were the same people that were so sure he was the clipboard QB when training camp opened.

This is a one shot deal, maybe two if we are lucky. Our window for the superbowl was this year. We dont have time for him to learn on the job. If he doesn't get it done, we just hope we didn't wait to late to pull the trigger back the other way. At 3-7, our chances and Romo's future will both be over.

We could have gone to the playoffs with Bledsoe and might have been a key play or an injury away from playing at home during January. That was our best chance. Unless Romo can win right away.

I bolded what pretty much everyone disagrees with. I think fans and Parcells have been convinced 6 game sin that Bledsoe was making it IMPOSSIBLE to do this.

DipChit

Reaction score
CowboyBlog;1125179 said:
We could have gone to the playoffs with Bledsoe and might have been a key play or an injury away from playing at home during January. That was our best chance.

Well that was everyones "hope".. err until the games started being played and DB picked up right where he left off down the stretch last year. Plus we at least tried to upgrade the o-line a lil bit and brought a guy like TO in.

None of those things mattered though. DB was slowly but surely getting worse.

So ok, some small percentage of you I guess felt he could turn it around. The rest of us, including BP felt it was lost cause.

Now the "hope" is Romo might have a lil spark and get us going a lil bit. And if not, oh well. No loss.. and at least we'll have some knowledge about the QB position going into next year.

It's not that hard to justify for most of us. For those where it is.. they're just going to have to deal with it