How many Games will we Win this year?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think this team is probably a 9 win team on talent alone, but Garrett will find a way to blow 2 games that mathematically are almost impossible to lose.

(for those that don't get the math reference, a supercomputer determined that we had a 99% chance to win both the Green Bay and Detroit games)..............we lost both.........LOL

So I am going 7-9 after adjusting for the "Garrett factor".

Not a lot of teams winning their divisions and going to the playoffs with the worst defense in the league these days. Good luck making the case that the issue is the HC, instead.

That said, we're worse on defense right now than we were at the start of last season. Hard to say if we're worse than we were at the end of last season. Probably not. But then, probably not that much better, either.

It's too soon to say, no matter what. We're still missing more than one eventual starter on defense and several key role players on both sides of the ball. So is everybody we'll be playing. This is a question that can't be answered until training camp.

HappyOnions

Datwin
Reaction score
Knowing this team, they will be the first team to go 8-8 for 4 consecutive seasons.

I'm thinking 8-8 with a week 17 loss to a division rival that sends us home and them to the playoffs.

It should be our "turn" to win the division..

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
It's very sad when the majority of the fans think we're going to be mediocre . There was a time when we knew we would win 11 and make the playoffs. The young people have no idea how that feels. And the sad thing is that Jones is happy with this thinking as long as people purchase tickets. And overhaul of this team would at least give us something new to think about, and new expectations.

jnday

Reaction score
The troll hunters are out in force for no reason. 7 wins with alotta luck.

OhSnap

Reaction score
Maybe it is because the defense will be worse.

I'd like to think the team gets a better grip on the new system and we throw a virgin goat in the volcano and pray for less injuries.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I said 8-8 the past 3 years, and I am staying with that until they prove on the field otherwise. This team hasn't improved with FA, but is better because it's off season healthy. Will see when TC starts.
Even with a great draft, I'll stay 8-8. Then will see how TC goes.

The thing is, this team can be better, play better, stay healthy. Garrett and coaches make correct in game decisions. But can still be 8-8 due to a tougher schedule. But is it really as tough as it looks.
NFC West is tough, but AFC South isn't. We did go 5-1 against the NFC East last year. But every year is different of course.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
The indicators aren't especially encouraging at this moment but the draft may or may not afford additional hope as to exactly what the prospects might be for a decent showing in 2014. Philly should be tougher to beat this year than they were last year, while the Commanders and Giants should also be more competitive as well. I think we'll be obliged to have an unusually successful draft this year if we're to again break even in terms of our season ending win-loss record. I'm looking at 8-8 as being about as good as what we can realistically expect, while one can always hope for more.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Nope, excuse to troll.

Trolling would be making a declarative statement or post that is veiled as a question, but really is an extension of an already held position.........usually negative.

The OP asked a question of how many games this team can win this year. I have seen the same question asked on ESPN shows as well as on NFL network on their Cowboy segments. It is not a declarative statement since it was obviously open ended and it cannot be construed as overly negative because the responses in this thread is similar to what you are getting in other prediction threads. The vast majority of Cowboy fans don't think this team is a playoff team so that is not being overly negative, just a snapshot of current fan sentiment.

So I don't see how anybody can accuse the OP of trolling given these circumstances. Maybe it is that you just don't agree with fan sentiment that the team is just not very good.

jnday

Reaction score
The indicators aren't especially encouraging at this moment but the draft may or may not afford additional hope as to exactly what the prospects might be for a decent showing in 2014. Philly should be tougher to beat this year than they were last year, while the Commanders and Giants should also be more competitive as well. I think we'll be obliged to have an unusually successful draft this year if we're to again break even in terms of our season ending win-loss record. I'm looking at 8-8 as being about as good as what we can realistically expect, while one can always hope for more.

I have my doubts about the draft providing help this year. Even top draft picks seem to struggle their rookie year and they don't provide a consistent impact.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Not a lot of teams winning their divisions and going to the playoffs with the worst defense in the league these days. Good luck making the case that the issue is the HC, instead.

That said, we're worse on defense right now than we were at the start of last season. Hard to say if we're worse than we were at the end of last season. Probably not. But then, probably not that much better, either.

It's too soon to say, no matter what. We're still missing more than one eventual starter on defense and several key role players on both sides of the ball. So is everybody we'll be playing. This is a question that can't be answered until training camp.

"Good luck making the case that the issue is the HC"

LOL..................the scoreboard makes my case for me.

See, in professional sports the head coach is responsible for the ENTIRE TEAM and said performance of that team.................especially in freaking year 4.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
All I do is win, win, win no matter what
Got money on mind, I can never get enough
And every time I step up in the building
Everybody hands go up!

And they stay there, and they say "yeah," and they stay there
Up, down, up, down, up, down
'Cause all I do is win, win, win
And if you goin' in, put your hands in the air, make 'em stay there!​

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
How anyone can predict what will happen with this years team should become GM's themselves. A lot of posters around here that know absolutely everything about absolutely nothing. Now, I'm not saying that this will happen,, but it has happened before and stranger things have happened for other teams.

The Dirty Dozen is the nickname referring to the number of rookies that made the Dallas Cowboys team in1975. These players were credited with helping the Cowboys advance to Super Bowl X and was a key foundation of the team's success during the latter half of the 1970s going into the early 1980s, as by 1979many of these players would have replaced many of the Cowboys' aging starters of the 1960s. The rookies came up with the nickname inspired by the film of the same name, and spent half of the season without shaving.

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
It depends on how Romo bounces back. If he's in the Denver game form 10+, if he's done then we might be lucky to win 6 games. And that's not even factoring in the defense which could very well be sub-mediocre...

7-9 realistically
10-6 homeristically

Status
Not open for further replies.