How many Games will we Win this year?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Denim Chicken

Reaction score
Trolling would be making a declarative statement or post that is veiled as a question, but really is an extension of an already held position.........usually negative.

The OP asked a question of how many games this team can win this year. I have seen the same question asked on ESPN shows as well as on NFL network on their Cowboy segments. It is not a declarative statement since it was obviously open ended and it cannot be construed as overly negative because the responses in this thread is similar to what you are getting in other prediction threads. The vast majority of Cowboy fans don't think this team is a playoff team so that is not being overly negative, just a snapshot of current fan sentiment.

So I don't see how anybody can accuse the OP of trolling given these circumstances. Maybe it is that you just don't agree with fan sentiment that the team is just not very good.

Perhaps the above is true enough if you neglect the poster's history, but when said poster had just previously started a thread dubbed 'how bad do you think we're going to screw up the draft', or something to that effect, and then created this thread with the seemingly open ended question promptly answered in the Negative by the OP--an unnecessary thread, mind you, as we just had a predict our record thread--you can surmise the intention for the OP was simply to state his agenda drivin opinion that he thinks the Team will be terrible and win only 5 games, which is in fact trolling.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
"Good luck making the case that the issue is the HC"

LOL..................the scoreboard makes my case for me.

See, in professional sports the head coach is responsible for the ENTIRE TEAM and said performance of that team.................especially in freaking year 4.

That I agree with. But your post that I quoted said: "Garrett will find a way to blow 2 games that mathematically are almost impossible to lose."

That's a different argument, and not a good one.

WPBCowboysFan

Reaction score
troll-spray_o_309907.jpg

jnday

Reaction score
How anyone can predict what will happen with this years team should become GM's themselves. A lot of posters around here that know absolutely everything about absolutely nothing. Now, I'm not saying that this will happen,, but it has happened before and stranger things have happened for other teams.

The Dirty Dozen is the nickname referring to the number of rookies that made the Dallas Cowboys team in1975. These players were credited with helping the Cowboys advance to Super Bowl X and was a key foundation of the team's success during the latter half of the 1970s going into the early 1980s, as by 1979many of these players would have replaced many of the Cowboys' aging starters of the 1960s. The rookies came up with the nickname inspired by the film of the same name, and spent half of the season without shaving.

It is easy to predict what kinda season this team will have. I base it off recent trends and history. As Cowboy fans, we all hope for another Dirty Dozen draft class. That would be great. Reality is that the chances of that happening are about as good as the Colts trading Andrew Luck to the Cowboys for a third round draft pick. There are very few rookies that have a impact on a team in their first year, so I don't predict a big improvement in wins considering the defense is in bad shape. It may not be the prediction you like, but it is a very good chance that this season will not be so good for the Cowboys.

Coy

Reaction score
I'd like to think the team gets a better grip on the new system and we throw a virgin goat in the volcano and pray for less injuries.

We may have less injuries in D but in 2013 we were very healthy on O, we lost our two best D players in Ware and Hatcher, no way we get to 8 wins although I sure hope I am wrong.

JustAGuy

Reaction score
Hard to make a good prediction right now. Still need to see how the draft and pre season goes. What has me worried most is how well Romo's back holds up. If he's out early then it will probably be a sub .500 year. If Romo stays healthy, and the defense is at least average then the team could win 10 games.

Status
Not open for further replies.