How many holdovers from Garrett are ruined by the past?

Tangle_Foot

Reaction score
The Cowboys need discipline so I would impose the following:mad:
Cut off Jerry's Scotch Supply.
Fine Dak for not signing a team-friendly deal.
Fine Zeke for being overweight and the feed me celebration.
Fine Lawrence for the Hot Boyz moniker.
Fine Amari Cooper for not smiling.
Fine Jaylon for swipes, begging for pro bowl votes and sun glasses.
Fine LVE for being injured and shooting dogs.
Fine Sean Lee for being a snake that gets injured while shedding.
Fine Trysten Hill for duping Rod Marinelli.
Fire Rowdy because I don't like his ***.
Tangle_Foot is not to be messed with :laugh:

fivetwos

Reaction score
Or not pay money for tickets or merchandise for the privilege of saying, “No thanks”.
Yeah I stopped buying things long ago.

Hasn't quite shown in the bottom line yet lol.

When he stops selling those season tickets is when he will change, but he always seems to know how to do just enough to sell hope moving ahead. THAT'S the genius of the man.

He just cant be the GM (in mostly title these days. It's clear things are different from the Campo years as far as selecting players), AND buddies with the players, as no one has ever tried and succeeded, but you cant tell him he cant do something.

fivetwos

Reaction score
Like you, I hope Big Mac instills a stricter code of professionalism with our players.

But as far as the failures of the last decade plus, sure Garrett has to be blamed for much of the mediocre results we got. However, I place a much heavier burden for this team’s lackluster results the past decade on the man who not only hired Garrett but stuck with him far beyond what was good for the team- the man sitting in the owners box and holding press conferences outside the locker room every week. And his continual sticking his nose into discipline and locker room issues continued to undermine his HC.

Jerry is what this team always has to overcome first before this team can emerge into what they were 25 years ago. He has been the biggest reason for this team’s playoff drought. Period.
Thing is, CAN he?

If Jerry doesnt finally get the way he undermines coaches with his behavior, doesnt matter.

You cant have your star pash rusher telling rookies not to worry about the coach because Jerry is really in charge.

That's cancerous beyond belief, but dont tell Jerry that. More him the better.

Kaiser

Reaction score
The Cowboys need discipline so I would impose the following:mad:
Cut off Jerry's Scotch Supply.
Fine Dak for not signing a team-friendly deal.
Fine Zeke for being overweight and the feed me celebration.
Fine Lawrence for the Hot Boyz moniker.
Fine Amari Cooper for not smiling.
Fine Jaylon for swipes, begging for pro bowl votes and sun glasses.
Fine LVE for being injured and shooting dogs.
Fine Sean Lee for being a snake that gets injured while shedding.
Fine Trysten Hill for duping Rod Marinelli.
Fire Rowdy because I don't like his ***.
Tangle_Foot is not to be messed with :laugh:

If you cut off Jerry's Scotch supply, you won't need money from any of those fines.

Kaiser

Reaction score
Telling me how players you do not know feel and then taking your own feelings and putting it on them is pathetic. You don't a damn thing about these players and their personal feelings.

The comments on Garrett were almost always positive and still are. Its comical how that is spun into "I hate Garrett so everyone else does too".

Doomsday101

Reaction score
The comments on Garrett were almost always positive and still are. Its comical how that is spun into "I hate Garrett so everyone else does too".

I don't hate Garrett but the bottom line is he did not get the job done as HC and was fired. Looking around the NFL every off season HC get fired for the same reasons, they did not get the job done. In terms of relationship with players I saw ample times where Romo, Witten and Murray would be at events with Garrett. They had good relations with him. I think Garrett is a good man but at the end of the day his job as HC was to win and they were unable to get over them hump.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It's a question that has to be asked, and answered.
The Cowboys were a disgrace for the past 13 years because of Jason Garrett's lack of leadership, and the players lacking respect for him and Jerry.
Say what you want, but at least some of the players are just as guilty as Garrett for last season's collapse. How many times did we see the Cowboys simply outplayed because they no longer cared?
DeMarcus Lawrence comes to mind; I think he should be fined and other discipline applied for the way his play dropped off. These guys were only interested in getting paid, and then they seemed less focused on doing their jobs.
I hope to see McCarthy impose a discipline that will no longer cater to these coddled players.
I think they can win; but I am still sick to my stomach from watching celebrations after tackles 8 and 9 yards past the line of scrimmage.
@Idgit?????? Lol!!! Please don't bench me!!

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
And the soap opera continues … makes you wonder if some people even care about the sport or if this is just their version of As the World Turns.
that's what the OP intended. if you notice, he didn't say anything concrete. no stats. nothing about the game itself. nothing to support his assertion, but a statement to be controversial. he is a known troll. he has never, ever been able to discuss anything football related in the slightest....his football knowledge is extremely limited....

I thought his Dak posts were stupid, but this one tops it off

Kaiser

Reaction score
I don't hate Garrett but the bottom line is he did not get the job done as HC and was fired. Looking around the NFL every off season HC get fired for the same reasons, they did not get the job done. In terms of relationship with players I saw ample times where Romo, Witten and Murray would be at events with Garrett. They had good relations with him. I think Garrett is a good man but at the end of the day his job as HC was to win and they were unable to get over them hump.

Exactly, Garrett was slightly above average for this time here and he won a Coach of the Year award. But last year he deserved to get fired because the team didn't hit its potential - then they quit for two games last in the season that absolutely sealed his fate. I don't get why "Decent overall, then wore out his welcome" has to be spun into "Leader of Al Qaeda".

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Great post. DLaw is one of the biggest frauds on the team. I have no idea why people support the guy so much.
according to you all
Dlaw is a fraud
cooper is a fraud
Collins is a fraud
Williams is a fraud
zeke is a fraud
witten is a fraud
dak is a fraud
smith is a fraud
jones is a fraud

this is just a fraudulent team! :eek:

did I miss anyone?

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If it really has to be asked, the answer is “none.” But I’m not sure it was a question that had to be asked.

It’s fun to think that maybe the issue in Dallas has been coaching though. It’s convenient, since now we have a new coach and all. I’m going to enjoy it until our third loss, when fans will start turning on him, too.

fredp22

Reaction score
How many times did we see the Cowboys simply outplayed because they no longer cared?
they were out coached. cant think of 1 game where they were outplayed because they no longer cared. list some games you feel this happened.
DeMarcus Lawrence comes to mind; I think he should be fined and other discipline applied for the way his play dropped off. These guys were only interested in getting paid, and then they seemed less focused on doing their jobs.
???? are you serious. How can you enforce a fine because a players stats declined from prior year

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I couldn't agree more. I never get why some feel the need to express a grudge or hard feelings or come up with all sorts of reasons to not like Garrett. And I, with you - he seems like a good guy, and there is no reason to think he didn't care or work hard at his job. The only thing that matters is, as you indicated, that he didn't get the job done that he was hired for.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
according to you all
Dlaw is a fraud
cooper is a fraud
Collins is a fraud
Williams is a fraud
zeke is a fraud
witten is a fraud
dak is a fraud
smith is a fraud
jones is a fraud

this is just a fraudulent team! :eek:

did I miss anyone?

You are just trouble making troll. I like Cooper I don't like the contract. Love Collins. Williams is a not a G but not a fraud. Zeke is not a fraud just really immature. Witten is a HOF. Love the guy. One of the biggest Dak supporters on this forum. Smith is a great player past his prime. Jones is gone. You are clearly mentally challenged and I am sensitive to that so I hope I cleared things up for you.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
The Cowboys were a disgrace for the past 13 years because of Jason Garrett's lack of leadership, and the players lacking respect for him and Jerry.
Say what you want, but at least some of the players are just as guilty as Garrett for last season's collapse. How many times did we see the Cowboys simply outplayed because they no longer cared?
I hope to see McCarthy impose a discipline that will no longer cater to these coddled players.
I think they can win; but I am still sick to my stomach from watching celebrations after tackles 8 and 9 yards past the line of scrimmage.
Do abused fans count?

Then it's in the millions.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
fined and other discipline
you do know these guys are union employees dont you?? lol you should read the latest cba and you might understand certain things.
there is only so much that can be done as far as fining or discipline per union rules.
I think we will see a more disciplined team on field now, due to MM, but just have to wait and see.