How many holdovers from Garrett are ruined by the past?

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
There is no way DLaw or anyone else is getting fined for their play "dropping off." How is anyone going to prove that a player didn't do enough on a play to the point it results in a fine?

Not wanting to see defensive guys celebrate on plays that yards were given up on is something that many personally dont want to see, but it's definitely not something that will result in a fine to them.

Imagine trying to fine DLaw because he didnt get to the QB enough and trying to explain how it was for a lack of effort rather then the other team just doing their job. Never gonna happen.
Placing blame is a national past time.

Just turn on the news.

Tank had never been a guy I would ever label as giving less than he could.

And I think if coaches thought a player was performing to another agenda other than winning..

they would quickly sit them.

There are other players at risk that if a player is not playing his best on purpose..

injuries could occur.

So I do not think that happens much. Not to mention the pressure from ones own team mates to insist on all out play standards.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
He's tied for 73rd with 5 in 2019. Pathetic!
the # of sacks a DL gets is pretty much meaningless in the greater scope of the season.
DL do other things, and if they do those well sack totals are meaningless, just something for casual fans to get excited about.

Big_D

Reaction score
I think this team tanked to finally be rid of him. At least it looks that way.

leeblair

Reaction score
you do know these guys are union employees dont you?? lol you should read the latest cba and you might understand certain things.
there is only so much that can be done as far as fining or discipline per union rules.
I think we will see a more disciplined team on field now, due to MM, but just have to wait and see.
I understand the CBA implications, but I would personally have little restraint with some of the players after last year.
Watching Jaylon Smith's "slide" celebration after a tackle 9 yards into the secondary, and hearing DeMarcus Lawrence explain that the "HotBoyz" were a way for them to get out of the "athlete box" fans put them in were just two instances that showed that the players were not in the correct "mode".
For the record, I have been a big fan of both players. But they simply weren't the same.

Endzoneview

Reaction score
It's a question that has to be asked, and answered.
The Cowboys were a disgrace for the past 13 years because of Jason Garrett's lack of leadership, and the players lacking respect for him and Jerry.
Say what you want, but at least some of the players are just as guilty as Garrett for last season's collapse. How many times did we see the Cowboys simply outplayed because they no longer cared?
DeMarcus Lawrence comes to mind; I think he should be fined and other discipline applied for the way his play dropped off. These guys were only interested in getting paid, and then they seemed less focused on doing their jobs.
I hope to see McCarthy impose a discipline that will no longer cater to these coddled players.
I think they can win; but I am still sick to my stomach from watching celebrations after tackles 8 and 9 yards past the line of scrimmage.

Dude, why are you a fan? Why even watch the Boys if you feel the way you do, I've seen you on three different boards and 2 of them laughed you off, this one will too. Instead of Karen, you need to be called Nancy, Nancy Negative

DandyDon52

Reaction score
I understand the CBA implications, but I would personally have little restraint with some of the players after last year.
Watching Jaylon Smith's "slide" celebration after a tackle 9 yards into the secondary, and hearing DeMarcus Lawrence explain that the "HotBoyz" were a way for them to get out of the "athlete box" fans put them in were just two instances that showed that the players were not in the correct "mode".
For the record, I have been a big fan of both players. But they simply weren't the same.
Well a lot or all of that celebration stuff , i dont care for it either. it shows they are wanting to celebrate themselves not the team.
look at what....i did.....
This could maybe be stopped or coached out of them, but it would be hard with todays players, and owners.
JG I think tried to get elliot to stop the feed me thing and elliot just ignored him lol.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
It's a question that has to be asked, and answered.
The Cowboys were a disgrace for the past 13 years because of Jason Garrett's lack of leadership, and the players lacking respect for him and Jerry.
Say what you want, but at least some of the players are just as guilty as Garrett for last season's collapse. How many times did we see the Cowboys simply outplayed because they no longer cared?
DeMarcus Lawrence comes to mind; I think he should be fined and other discipline applied for the way his play dropped off. These guys were only interested in getting paid, and then they seemed less focused on doing their jobs.
I hope to see McCarthy impose a discipline that will no longer cater to these coddled players.
I think they can win; but I am still sick to my stomach from watching celebrations after tackles 8 and 9 yards past the line of scrimmage.

Lawrence had a solid year despite the low sack numbers. I could see where a troll like you would point out Lawrence.

But Zeke definitely comes to mind.

But in case you didn't notice.……..most of the snow flakes got shown the door. Those guys either not worth the money or simply weren't starting caliber.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Dude, why are you a fan? Why even watch the Boys if you feel the way you do, I've seen you on three different boards and 2 of them laughed you off, this one will too. Instead of Karen, you need to be called Nancy, Nancy Negative

Really the one HUGE negative about the site. That trolls like this are allowed to run amuck.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
You are just trouble making troll. I like Cooper I don't like the contract. Love Collins. Williams is a not a G but not a fraud. Zeke is not a fraud just really immature. Witten is a HOF. Love the guy. One of the biggest Dak supporters on this forum. Smith is a great player past his prime. Jones is gone. You are clearly mentally challenged and I am sensitive to that so I hope I cleared things up for you.
I didn't say you alone...I said you ALL, there is a bunch of you's who just like to complain about everything....sound like a bunch of old men with no teeth....its getting old...

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Are you under the impression what is negotiated into the CBA are just suggestions the coach and team can choose not to follow?

Whyjerry

Reaction score
I didn't say you alone...I said you ALL, there is a bunch of you's who just like to complain about everything....sound like a bunch of old men with no teeth....its getting old...

Yawn. I speak about positives and negatives. If you want to be all of Pollyanna you are in the wrong place.

CWR

Reaction score
Dlaw will be dominant this season. We will also see improvement from our LBS now that we have real DTs, and all of that will trickle down to a "surprisingly" good season for our secondary.

Now if we get Jamal Adams look out!