How Many Of These Does Garrett Have In His House?

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
I'm not taking his rings away. I don't believe I said that anywhere. But feel free to say stupid things anyway.

The fact that he road the bench for some rings in the 90's does not make him a suitable HC.

Nor does that make Bernie Kosar or Bill Bates quality HC material either.

Just being a part of the 90's team that won Superbowls doesn't equal the ability to be a quality HC for the Dallas Cowboys, let alone one that will lead you to a Superbowl.

And on the converse would not having any rings preclude any coach from winning one?

I am not going to defend Garrett. I'm reacting more to the fact that about 90% of the people come on here with no other purpose than to blame and condemn and it's not like there is a whole lot of thought going into it. Thus me commenting on Garrett's trophy case not being empty. I didn't make the argument youre trying to saddle me with.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
And on the converse would not having any rings preclude any coach from winning one?

I am not going to defend Garrett. I'm reacting more to the fact that about 90% of the people come on here with no other purpose than to blame and condemn and it's not like there is a whole lot of thought going into it. Thus me commenting on Garrett's trophy case not being empty. I didn't make the argument youre trying to saddle me with.

Again I'm not saddling you with anything.

I don't know, nor care, what your thoughts on Garrett are. Let alone what your thoughts on his trophy case are.

The fact that you can't comprehend that is also not my issue.

You came in assuming I was taking his rings away. Which I never did, or said.

You then claimed that I was commenting on his trophy case, or lack there of. Which I was not.

My only point the whole time was that having those rings did not qualify him as the HC. You made whatever assumptions you chose to off that and then some how got it in your massively over driven ego that my comments were about your personal feelings on Jason Garrett or his damn trophy case.

It's really as simple as that. I don't know how to make that any more clear than I already have. But you're going to continue to think that what I, or others say, has anything to do with your personal thoughts when there isn't anyone on these forums, except yourself, who ever stops to wonder what your thought on any subject is.

Edit: BTW to answer your question not having does not mean he won't ever win. Without question he could one day win as an HC.

I just don't think it's going to be in Dallas, if it even happens, unless Jones decides he's going to keep him around for a decade or more as the HC while he learns to be an HC.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Again I'm not saddling you with anything.

I don't know, nor care, what your thoughts on Garrett are. Let alone what your thoughts on his trophy case are.

The fact that you can't comprehend that is also not my issue.

You came in assuming I was taking his rings away. Which I never did, or said.

You then claimed that I was commenting on his trophy case, or lack there of. Which I was not.

My only point the whole time was that having those rings did not qualify him as the HC. You made whatever assumptions you chose to off that and then some how got it in your massively over driven ego that my comments were about your personal feelings on Jason Garrett or his damn trophy case.

It's really as simple as that. I don't know how to make that any more clear than I already have. But you're going to continue to think that what I, or others say, has anything to do with your personal thoughts when there isn't anyone on these forums, except yourself, who ever stops to wonder what your thought on any subject is.

Edit: BTW to answer your question not having does not mean he won't ever win. Without question he could one day win as an HC.

I just don't think it's going to be in Dallas, if it even happens, unless Jones decides he's going to keep him around for a decade or more as the HC while he learns to be an HC.

You are interjecting yourself into a conversation I was already having. For someone who doesn't care what I think you sure don't act like it. You seem to care quite a bit. You're right I assumed you had at the very least paid attention to what we were talking about before blathering out a strawman and continuing to saddle me with it.

I see where our miscommunication was and am trying to redirect course. You are literally parroting yourself. I simply said Garrett's trophy case wasn't empty. All that other Garrett angst is you.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
You are interjecting yourself into a conversation I was already having. For someone who doesn't care what I think you sure don't act like it. You seem to care quite a bit. You're right I assumed you had at the very least paid attention to what we were talking about before blathering out a strawman and continuing to saddle me with it.

I see where our miscommunication was and am trying to redirect course. You are literally parroting yourself. I simply said Garrett's trophy case wasn't empty. All that other Garrett angst is you.

Cool story bro. I got the perfect remedy for our miscommunication and your attitude as well. Have a good day.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
303945261_743.JPG

clapper2.JPG

LOL!!!!!!!

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Both Kosar and Garrett won some big games back in the 90s. Garrett in particular has some famous starts in SB years like on Thanksgiving in 1995. Bernie saved our cookie when Aikman got hurt and played well in 93 I believe.

You going to take away Bates rings because he only played ST? If Emmitt, Troy or Michael want to take away Garrett's rings then let them call him out. They'd sooner give up their own I bet.

All you need to do is watch the horrid Garrett coach on game day to understand that he has no business coaching in the NFL or even in pop warner football leagues. Any coach all the way down to pop warner would have told his team to kneel down and kick the FG with 25 seconds to go. The game would have been OVER!!

But what the heck, he has been coaching like that for 8 years. Since the day Jerry hired him.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Hate to interrupt the witchhunt but doesn't Garrett have a couple of rings?
Oh wait, you are correct. LOL

He won a couple rings from holding a clip board and clapping on the sidelines while the real football players won the SB.

Kinda what he is doing now. :muttley:

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Yep. He did a real nice job riding the coattails of Troy, Emmitt, Irvin, and others to a couple of rings.

Bernie Kosar has one too, btw, but I don't think that makes him a suitable HC for the Dallas Cowboys either.
Dont insult Kosar like that. He would be head and shoulders better than Clappy the Clown.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score

You either like Garrett or you dont. Do you like him as our coach or not?