How many of you have already written off Christian Parker?

OK, I'll be honest. I have.

While there are certainly stories of players and coaches turning things around, particularly after a rough start early in their career, its the exception not the rule. Its been my experience that most people who start out bad are simply bad.

Getting into details, I don't think that playing any form of a bend but don't break defense works in the NFL anymore. The games are short and everything is in the offense's advantage. You need to get the opponent off the field by creating negative plays and bad down and distance scenarios. An attacking defense is the way to go, even if you make mistakes.

Beyond that, a good coach adjusts to the game in front of you. I like to see in game adjustments in scheme and personnel.

So far, CP has been terrible and nothing like what he was purported to be.

Just as a reminder, the Cowboys are yet again dead last in expected points contribution by defense.
 
I personally would like to see an aggressive style but the Eagles did win the super bowl with this scheme.
The concept works best when you get consistent pressure with the front 4, have sideline to sideline LBs that can cover and are sound against the run, and a secondary that keeps everything in front of them and doesn’t give up the big play.

We are not getting enough pressure from our front, and while Barham is coming into his own, we lack a Zack Baun type backer that owns the middle of the field.

Our corners will be alright but we just are really thin and beat up at the moment. I think things will settle down as the weeks tick by.

Huge game on Sunday and then a short week vs TB. We win both games, suddenly things are looking up in the division
 

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
476,023
Messages
14,657,988
Members
24,226
Latest member
Dorsett99Yards
Back
Top