How many of you have already written off Christian Parker?

Well, since three games is the deadline for excellence, If we fire him today we could have 4.6 more defensive coordinators by the end of the season.

Not sure what the bloodthirsty mob will do during the offseason though. I suppose if we fire one after minicamp and another after training camp, that might keep us on track.
 
I’d be interested to know how you define “bend but don’t break” specifically when it comes to schemes. Is it simply “blitz = aggression” or “zone = bend but don’t break?”

You do realize that Christian Parker just won a Super Bowl as the defensive passing game cooridjnator for the Eagles and much of our defense is based on what he learned and what he did under Fangio.

As far as instant success,

Fans called for Spagnuolo’s firing the day after the Giants were blown out in his debut. That team ended up fine.

And there’s another team I can think of that started off horribly and ended up doing pretty well. Their defense was fourth from last the first year.

Three games is just not enough.
Like I said, there are certainly examples of people turning things around. That said, just like Mazi, Taco, Trysten, Schoonmaker, Eberflus, Nolan, etc. most people that start out bad are simply bad.

We have no idea what CP did for Fangio. I will say this, Fangio does a lot more to disguise coverages than CP.
 
Well, since three games is the deadline for excellence, If we fire him today we could have 4.6 more defensive coordinators by the end of the season.

Not sure what the bloodthirsty mob will do during the offseason though. I suppose if we fire one after minicamp and another after training camp, that might keep us on track.
Don't worry, if/when we look better vs Houston and then a backup QB on a short week, the pendulum will swing and he'll be a hero again.
 
Don't worry, if/when we look better vs Houston and then a backup QB on a short week, the pendulum will swing and he'll be a hero again.
Maybe for the casuals. I'd have to see more than that to start believing in him.

Right now Parker = Mike Nolan = Rob Ryan. Eberflus would be an upgrade over any of them. Right now.
 
There was a red flag in the offseason.

Normally someone who has no track record - newly promoted, new to the organisation - should come in quietly, get the head down and work hard to establish themselves.

Instead we got this online and media hoopla about how he is the best thing since sliced bread etc etc. I'm not a fan of unproven people generating self

There was a red flag in the offseason.

Normally someone who has no track record - newly promoted, new to the organisation - should come in quietly, get the head down and work hard to establish themselves.

Instead we got this online and media hoopla about how he is the best thing since sliced bread etc etc. I'm not a fan of unproven people generating self publicity.
Wow! How unfair to criticize him for what other people said about him. I’m not sure how that was a red flag just because media and online individuals gave their opinion. Anytime anyone gets hired, in any sport, the public is going to comment as to whether they deem it a good hire or a bad hire.
 
I personally would like to see an aggressive style but the Eagles did win the super bowl with this scheme.
It's the coach....not the scheme.

The Eagles D got them that SB because of Fangio the person.

It IS interesting though....that their D this year has been bad. Especially the secondary
 
How many of you have already written off Christian Parker? Who thinks he is the right man for the job? Who is undecided?

I would love to hear some perspective on what you think we have (or don’t have) in Parker.
Give him some time. 2 rookie starters and a new scheme,
 
Maybe for the casuals. I'd have to see more than that to start believing in him.

Right now Parker = Mike Nolan = Rob Ryan. Eberflus would be an upgrade over any of them. Right now.
Honestly, many of the “casuals”, as you call them, don’t realize how bad the talent was and are looking to blame a coach.

Like I said before, it’s easier to fire one easily replaceable person than to admit a half-decade of terrible drafts and free-agent signings
 
How many of you have already written off Christian Parker? Who thinks he is the right man for the job? Who is undecided?

I would love to hear some perspective on what you think we have (or don’t have) in Parker.
It’s only been 3 games
A lot of new players and a lot of injuries on that side
Been improvement each week

Stay the course
 
And it took them 1/2 a season to gel when Fangio was hired.
Steve Spagnuolo got blown out 45-0 in his debut and there were calls for his head too. Four super bowls later …

I know a certain other legendary coach who went 1-15. I guarantee you that some of the same voices wanting to fire Parker were calling for his head too. I’m certain of it.
 
...with every game defense has gotten better, albeit in small increments

but its moving forward.
 

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
476,052
Messages
14,659,806
Members
24,226
Latest member
Dorsett99Yards
Back
Top