How many point will our defense give up this season?

Hardline

Reaction score
Let's just say. You won't confuse them with the 85 Bears defense.

conner01

Reaction score
If they hold teams to 20, on average, you might have an 11-6 or even 12-5 season. :omg:

Right now I'm seeing 10-7...which is still decent

The offense will have to break that 2-3 year trend and learn how to score on good defenses too. They've been below league average for a while now vs defense ranked in the upper half.
But I think they will.
:flagwave:
Pretty high expectation at 20 per game
That would be a top 5 defense

DandyDon52

Reaction score
How much improvement do you expect by the defense this year? How many points do you expect them to give up this year in total? How many less points will be scored against us this year?

The Dallas Cowboys gave up 473 points for a 29.6 points per game. That’s a lot of points.

I’m expecting them to improve by at least 5 points per game this year at a minimum. I really expect it to average 7 points per game less.
Well if they finish under 400 that is a start lol and better.
A good defense would finish in low 300's

It is hard to say, and also depends on what the offense does.
Like if dallas turns it over in their territory, and or throw pick6's or fumble ran back for td , turnover turns into FG, offense goes for it on 4th down
and they dont get it and give ball to other team in their own territory, or around 50.

All those things are the offense's fault, but make defense look bad.
The flaw is the general total of points scored, pick 6's are in no way the fault of a defense lol, but it is just added to the total.

Last year a lot of those points were on the offense, how many I dont know.

Better way to analyze a defense might be to look at how many long drives for scores do they allow each game.
no one does that stat, so you would have to do it yourself.maybe use recaps for that.

and Turnovers in opp territory that lead to a long scoring drive by other team , do not reflect badly on the offense except they missed a scoring
chance.
But any turnover that gives the other team the ball at their own forty or better is giving the opp short field , so that is on the offense.
Also a 3 and out then punt from deep in your end gives other team a short field, unless it is a good punt with no return.

so all those things factor in, but people dont think about them lol.