How many Red Kettle fines do we get?

Mannix

Reaction score
Of course they will fine them....its Dallas....duh. The kettle is no more a prop than the railing is in Green Bay. Don't get me started on how protected that team and village of cute wittle wuvable overweight drunks is....they were getting calls today in preparation of the league trying to assist in their last gasp playoff run. Until The Goon is no longer commissioner, they aren't letting us reach the Super Bowl unless we can possibly score on almost every play or the other teams offense basically just hands us the ball and then lies down.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Found this on the turkey leg celebration https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nf...ak-prescott-cowboys-celebrate-tds/ar-AA1krqu0:

In Thursday's 45-10 win against the Washington Commanders, the Cowboys paid homage to Thanksgiving.

Hours before kickoff, stadium staffers placed four turkey legs in each of the four kettles in the end zones to be used just in case.

After KaVontae Turpin's 34-yard touchdown catch from Prescott upped the Cowboys lead to 38-10 with 5:59 remaining, Prescott pulled out a turkey leg in celebration and took a giant bite.

"We talked about it as probably a 2-3 daylong process of whether it be a 15-yard penalty and whether [coach Mike McCarthy] would accept it," Prescott said. "I actually go talk to coach before every game and sure enough I caught him as he was talking to [owner and general manager Jerry Jones], and so I mentioned it. Of course, Jerry liked it so, yeah, at that point my direction was just make sure we're up and the game was in hand."

McCarthy is no stranger to celebrations. He was the New Orleans Saints offensive coordinator when Joe Horn pulled out a cellphone to celebrate a touchdown in 2003.

"I just told them that game better be well out of hand before we start pulling turkey nuggets out of a kettle can," McCarthy said. "That was a little different pregame for me."

Prescott initially considered the celebration on a 15-yard touchdown pass to CeeDee Lamb and subsequent 2-point pass to Lamb that made it 31-10 with 10:32 remaining.

"If you watch I'm kind of like, 'Is it time? Can we do it?'" Prescott said. "I'm like, 'No, we'll get another one.' Sure enough, right after I threw the one to Turp I was like, 'Yeah, let's go for it.' And so, it was good."

Instead, he and Lamb settled for an old-fashioned alley-oop into the kettle.

The Cowboys were not penalized, but a fine is always possible. Jones was pleased with the win and the attention the celebration will bring to the Salvation Army.

"This maybe one of the top, maybe right there at the top days I've ever had with the Cowboys," Jones said. "It has everything to do with the fact that the Salvation Army is such a benefactor, but it also has a lot to do with a guy named [DaRon] Bland, break an NFL record like that with all that and so I just don't know that I've had a day like this. And I'll include them all. I'll put some Super Bowls in there. I don't know if I've ever had a better day with the Cowboys than today."

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Of course they will fine them....its Dallas....duh. The kettle is no more a prop than the railing is in Green Bay. Don't get me started on how protected that team and village of cute wittle wuvable overweight drunks is....they were getting calls today in preparation of the league trying to assist in their last gasp playoff run. Until The Goon is no longer commissioner, they aren't letting us reach the Super Bowl unless we can possibly score on almost every play or the other teams offense basically just hands us the ball and then lies down.
Any team can do their own version of the Lambeau Leap, with no repercussions.

Hagman

Put Niland and Green in the ROH
Reaction score
I googled the fines for last year‘s Thanksgiving kettle celebrations, and there were four of them given out ranging from about $4000-$13,000. Dak alone makes $40 million a year. Unless the league office goes bat crap crazy this time and really jacks up the fines, that amount of money is an rounding error in his salary alone. Think I also read earlier that the team had gotten together and agreed to jointly pay the fines, especially if they were imposed on some of the lesser played players on the team.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Who would want to copy that is my question…it’s tired and played out.
I agree, but my point is that the Packers aren't getting preferential treatment. I'm not saying you said they are, but some people think they are, and your post would probably strengthen that point of view.

TheMightyVanHalen

Reaction score
Until The Goon is no longer commissioner, they aren't letting us reach the Super Bowl unless we can possibly score on almost every play or the other teams offense basically just hands us the ball and then lies down.
I hear ya, Foxy Brown. When the game was still up for grabs, there was some questionable calls and non-calls that went against us. At HOME too! :mad:

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I hear ya, Foxy Brown. When the game was still up for grabs, there was some questionable calls and non-calls that went against us. At HOME too! :mad:
I saw a PI that wasn't called against us, but there were several non calls in their favor... mostly holding and possibly one hands to Parsons's face. Overall, I think it was called about as well as I've come to expect.

TheMightyVanHalen

Reaction score
I saw a PI that wasn't called against us, but there were several non calls in their favor... mostly holding and possibly one hands to Parsons's face. Overall, I think it was called about as well as I've come to expect.
That CD holding call that was BS! Even Romo was like "riiiight there!" Where, Romo, where?? I didn't see crap!

gmb1

Reaction score
Jerry Jones needs to pay the fines since he was cool with the celebration

dueyhemlock

Hog Hunter
Reaction score

It's a shame that us fans have to even consider making a statement like this.
"as well as I've come to expect"

This is what happens when the NFL has the Keystone Cops on their payroll.
Then add in an occasinal bias by said Cops and here we are.

and there's no problem slamming a player to the ground out of bounds because we are all so worried about injuries.
:thumbdown:

shabazz

Reaction score
Anyone who is bold enough to eat an old turkey leg from the bottom of a salvation army kettle is likely to pick up the fines for all.
Yeah, I was hoping for an early blowout so the meat could stay out of the danger zone temperature and be consumed, but they took a little longer to score a lot and any of the players that ate it could now be spackeling a commode from the tainted poultry

DripTooHard

Reaction score
With Goodell at the helm, he is probably leaning towards suspending some of our players. Guarantee the topic is being discussed at his office this morning. They will pull some new rule out of Goodell’s *** and suspend half our offense. Zeke gets 6 games just for good measure.

DallasInDC

Reaction score
Hopefully a lot, it goes to a good cause :thumbup:
Fines all go to charities (and I would presume that the player could potentially write them off on their taxes). If that's the case, the fine would not be as painful for the player.