How many wins will it take in 2024?

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
There is no buying in to anything.
It will be a new season. Fans will fan their own way, and there will be disagreements.

Nothing will change on here just as it will not change with the team. Expect another year of the same.
I do expect a bit more negativity than usual, and rightfully so. I may be one of them. :laugh:

All I can say is :popcorn: time ... again ...
time for you to man up!!!!!

TequilaCowboy

Reaction score
Why are people looking at records to determine what a successful season is? Here are the records for the teams remaining in the 2nd round of the playoffs:

13-4
12-5
12-5
11-6
11-6
10-7
9-8
9-8

What is a better season - 12-5 knocked out in the 1st round or 9-8 still alive in the 2nd round?
Good point, prime example GB....i don't care if Dallas is 15-2 next season, i would feel like they are getting another first round exit as their prize. but hey, let's extend MM...what a great year.

NoLuv4Jerry

Reaction score
For the Zaney Zoners in here to buy right back into this Groundhog Day team and start predicting SB's and proclaiming Dak a Top 5 QB again?

You know it is just a matter of time. We know it.

Does anyone doubt we'll be around 6-2 eight games into the season next year? Granted, we won't have the cream puff schedule we did last year since we'll have a 1st place (LOL) schedule.

Will 6-2 be the magic number? Will 9-3? Maybe even 4-1 ????

I'm fascinated by this question....because you KNOW it will happen...like a bad movie we've seen 100 times.... and I'm just fascinated from a sociological standpoint when the Daksters will suspend disbelief for the 30th straight time and start GROWLING again!

CharlieBrownLucyFootball.jpg
We have to get out of the divisional round for me to dream big. But with the mental "toughness" of this group...winning a playoff game in the divisional round will be such a huge sigh of relief...I think they would consider anything beyond that gravy.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
We have to get out of the divisional round for me to dream big. But with the mental "toughness" of this group...winning a playoff game in the divisional round will be such a huge sigh of relief...I think they would consider anything beyond that gravy.
I am to the point even a NFCCG appearance is not enough. They have had too many chances, and blew it every time.
I am now at SB appearance is the only thing acceptable and a win at that.

NoLuv4Jerry

Reaction score
I am to the point even a NFCCG appearance is not enough. They have had too many chances, and blew it every time.
I am now at SB appearance is the only thing acceptable and a win at that.
Baby steps....baby steps

But I get your frustration. And its okay for us fans to feel this way. But sometimes I think this entire organization is so anxious that they don't take it one step at a time. And that starts at the top. In those 5-11 seasons with Campo...I vividly recall Jerry talking Super Bowl those offseasons. People can brush it off and say that was just an old fool babbling...but that "old fool" is and has been the trend setter for this entire organization. And the first order of business for him is "secure the money" and that permeates throughout the entire organization. The rumors of how much Dan Quinn was being paid as the d-coordinator is proof of how dysfunctional this place is. Think about it....we have an owner that hands Will McClay a BLANK CHECK to do the work....as long as McClay is okay with not having the title and FINAL say. He's been this way for so long.....he has some fans fooled into thinking it is NORMAL for us to have to overcome this old fool. But it's normal. It hasn't happened. And it will NEVER happen. And I don't think his sone will be any different.

Fmart322

Reaction score
Only post season wins will matter next season.
The Cowboys are the type of team that would go 17-0 in the regular season and get blown out at home after their 2 week bye to a 7th seed team in the playoffs who's playing their backup QB.....and all of us know it'll happen.

Kingofholland

Reaction score
Beat me to it man.
And I'll add a first round playoff exit, lol
Well we have to buy into it, 4 straight 12 win seasons can't possibly lead to dissapointment. Laws of probability must prevail at some point? ;)

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
For the Zaney Zoners in here to buy right back into this Groundhog Day team and start predicting SB's and proclaiming Dak a Top 5 QB again?

You know it is just a matter of time. We know it.

Does anyone doubt we'll be around 6-2 eight games into the season next year? Granted, we won't have the cream puff schedule we did last year since we'll have a 1st place (LOL) schedule.

Will 6-2 be the magic number? Will 9-3? Maybe even 4-1 ????

I'm fascinated by this question....because you KNOW it will happen...like a bad movie we've seen 100 times.... and I'm just fascinated from a sociological standpoint when the Daksters will suspend disbelief for the 30th straight time and start GROWLING again!

CharlieBrownLucyFootball.jpg
We will be 10 and 6 with a wild card game.
Some will have their hopes up.
Then they will be dashed into itsy bitsy peices.