How many yards has Conner Williams cost Zeke?

Brooksey

Reaction score
Without the Penalties he cost Zeke Zero yards but he's helped him probably with half. Connor Williams is an above average run blocker in the NFL
More athletic than McGovern, but #52 being targeted by refs big time. These are very questionable holding calls.

CW will start at LG next year in the NFL making 2nd contract money which we don't need to pay with McGovern on board for 1M

EST_1986

Reaction score
a starting OL does not suk, Fans options and poor evaluations are what sux, period..

he needs to clean stuff up for sure but in no way does he suck because fans think he does, players who suck don't continue to start..

got it?

fan narratives suck but it comes from fans not coaches and other players..
you're right he's a league leader.... in penaltys thrown, accepted and yardage. CHAMPIONSHIP

J_Allen

Reaction score
Zeke wouldn’t have rushed for 1800 yards last year even with the 1992 offensive line, much less just replacing Williams.

Connor Williams sucks, but let’s not go overboard. 600-800 yards is a whole whole lot. 100-200 difference maybe

Yeah but Jeremy Parnell and Ronald Leary signed for a lot of money elsewhere...

blueblood70

Reaction score
you're right he's a league leader.... in penaltys thrown, accepted and yardage. CHAMPIONSHIP
yet as a overall player hes obviously the best lg on the field because 2 full staffs and 4 differ OL coaches have kept him there until now..now we will see how drastic difference this really is so you all will shut up about it..trust me ill be here hard and heavy watching every snap of CM no excuse, mistake free football..if not oh yes you all will get the reverse treatment of the Conner hate train..

the battle of conners part 1 coming up..

blueblood70

Reaction score
Yeah but Jeremy Parnell and Ronald Leary signed for a lot of money elsewhere...
and Doug free was better then most gave him credit for..CWill is a lot better then most think just going through bad phase of penalties

you arent getting a Martin, smith, or even a collins at every spot..its not how capped roster works..

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I think he’s cost zeke 6-800 yards per season. This line and zeke were special before Conner took over. You don’t even need a start at guard. You just need a solid guy with nfl caliber strength. I’d personally be willing to pay Callahan 10 million a year to come back and coach the o-line.

Poor Zeke doesnt have all pro's at every position. Waaaaaaa!!!!

Maybe he should hold out in Cabo until they get him a few more all pro's? :muttley:

Was it Williams fault when Zeke fumbled the ball last week?

Conner actually cost Pollard a 20 yard run last week with a holding call. So there is that.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Zeke wouldn’t have rushed for 1800 yards last year even with the 1992 offensive line, much less just replacing Williams.

Connor Williams sucks, but let’s not go overboard. 600-800 yards is a whole whole lot. 100-200 difference maybe

Is it Connor Williams fault that Zeke doesnt have the speed to bounce it outside?

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I think he’s cost zeke 6-800 yards per season. This line and zeke were special before Conner took over. You don’t even need a start at guard. You just need a solid guy with nfl caliber strength. I’d personally be willing to pay Callahan 10 million a year to come back and coach the o-line.

The more important question is...................How many rushing yards does Zeke cost the Cowboys offense because he cant bounce it outside and lacks speed? We know from watching Pollard that its nearly a full YPC minimum. One could also easily surmise that with more carries Pollard would have more long runs and break more big plays.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
How nanny times has Williams made the block that helped Zeke or Pollard get TDs or first downs. Just watch last game against Atlanta and you will see Williams pull to the right which allowed Zeke to get first and goal.

It's not just that play either. You guys get a whipping boy and then never point out good plays

The gig is up on Williams buddy. Time to stop defending him. He is getting benched for a reason. He is in his 4th year. The proof is in the pudding.

Loso86

Reaction score
This is a thread where even though it's not about zeke per say. He will still get bashed lol

VaqueroTD

Reaction score

800 yards!!??

giphy.gif

Daillest88

Reaction score
Yea lol Connor Williams is actually a decent starter, take away his 100 penalties he’s great lol, 800 yards lmao.. bro put Larry Allen there in his prime and the running game altogether would probably have 200-400 yards more altogether

johneric8

Reaction score
Half of you will begging Conner Williams to take back over as soon McGovern is pushed backwards into the lap of Prescott, or jumps a few snaps. None of us know how this will turn out or even if it's a good move ... I hope if anything this lights a fire under Williams and it helps our line get better

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Lessons on watching football and the "All 22" should be mandatory before posting.

Ozone22

Reaction score
Have to say no on this. That is a lot of lost yards to put on Williams. Zeke has to take some responsibility for not coming into those seasons, not in the best of shape.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Everyone was wondering who was going to be the next whipping boy after Jaylon was released. This thread pretty much answers the question. :laugh: