How Many Zoners Are Still On The Ledge?

conner01

Reaction score
My brain can’t get past what could have been
We had the ammo to get really good prospects at key positions
Not often you will have the draft ammo we had and I feel like we could have done just as well with the standard 7 picks
We didn’t use that ammo to go get key players
We drafted the positions but we let better players go by

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Things were critical after yesterday.. Did today bring some of y’all back in the building?
I'm done with this front office.

Every year I've given them the benefit of the doubt.

I can't any more.

They are what they are. Not very good at draft decisions.

Kingofholland

Reaction score
3rd round was a tough one to watch and was one of the rounds I was most excited about
Day 1 and Day 3 looks good, while 1/4 on day 2 looks promising.

stiletto

Reaction score
Yesterday (2nd day) was just mind blowing bad to me not really because of the players but where they took them. They could have gotten most of them today (3rd day). It really didn't make sense what they were doing. They had a chance to move up a couple spots and take guys that could actually START on Defense and help the team. The guys they took might be good for depth but not much else. Overall, I am just really disappointed with the draft. Only plus for me is they mostly took defense. Just not sure they got good value anywhere except with the #1 pick.

The #2 pick..sheesh I don't know. I will wait and see but it was very questionable, to me anyways...

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
Things were critical after yesterday.. Did today bring some of y’all back in the building?
Your avi brings me peace.
There are beautiful things on this Earth and we should appreciate them.

Aven8

Reaction score
I think people get enamored with names. Nixon for one didn’t go until late late. Moehrig fell along way too. Same with Cox. All these guys are just examples of players that we obviously all thought were better than NFL teams did.

ultron

Reaction score
Got sniped in the first and second rounds, drafted the best linebacker possibly in the sport of football on a global level. Drafted the best pure cover corner in college football (side note: he held Devonte Smith to zero catches and intercepted a pass thrown his way while covering him - I make note of that because kid won the Heisman and plays for Eagles now). Flawless draft A++++++

Vinnie2u

Reaction score
I think people get enamored with names. Nixon for one didn’t go until late late. Moehrig fell along way too. Same with Cox. All these guys are just examples of players that we obviously all thought were better than NFL teams did.

add JOK to the list. A lot of people wanted him after a trade down... I don’t have enough time or energy to scout these guys. However I do know what we need and don’t need.

88sAndHeartbreak

Reaction score
Draft doesn’t change my expectations.

Mediocre season.. Win the division cause it sucks.. 50/50 chance we win our wildcard.. Eliminated by a real NFL team a week later if we win the wildcard.
Why are you a fan? (Real question) I imagine you as this guy everytime you post...
ReadyEarlyDove.webp

Last edited:

Jimbo69

Reaction score
Time will tell. I must admit that from my limited viewing of the college game I dont know a lot of these players. The problem is if they poop the bed the GM isnt going anywhere and when he does another football genius will take over.
Mind you it's so long since the Boys were really relevant , I'm becoming institutionalised. Still the cheerleaders will continue to sell this sub standard version of a once great team.
Still let's cross our fingers and toes, I think we will need all the luck we can get.

CWR

Reaction score
There's a bunch of whiney cry babies on this board, who come here only to vent their dissatisfaction with the franchise.

Those guys reside on the ledge.

I think for the rest of the fan base today really helped tie the draft together, and it was very encouraging.

We had a plan and we executed it. Finally a draft where we overwhelmingly pour assets into the defense. I love it, and I love the fact our apathetic, self entitled defenders have been put on notice. Last year was not acceptable by any means.

nalam

The realist
Reaction score
Well, defense was bad and draft went heavily to defense, now these picks some of them are scheme specific, has to show theyfit the scheme and can produce in NFL.
If they show that then all is well and good, average , middle of pack Defense combined with our offense willgo a long way.

aria

Reaction score
Not impressed but whatever, no different then every other year. You also have to remember that every other team has improved as well (with the exception of the Giants O line, hahahaha). But we improved our secondary (maybe) and Giants added two top WR’s and a good vet TE. The eagles added Adams. The Giants really went big on defense this year which sure me since they were close to top 10 last year and we did nothing on offense but get our O line back.

Who knows what will happen, no matter what the analysts say. As far as drafting players too early or players not of need, that’s on the team.