How much credit does McCarthy deserve?

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'll let you know if we show up prepared
disciplined and execute in all phrases the next 2 weeks.
Someday I'll write up a full explanation of Mike's success in GB .

Irv88

Reaction score
Look how Mike Tomlin is doing without Ben R. That should tell you a lot. Steelers are 1-3 and would be 0-4 had the bengals challenged the Jamar chase no td call.

Big_D

Reaction score
Look at the mess a few short years ago with Garrett. McCarthy deserves a lot of credit for how good this team and roster look.

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
MM gets blamed when we lose, therefore he deserves credit when we win.

To win 3 games with a backup QB is not an easy task, especially after the sky was falling after the L in week one.

I will criticize him when he deserves it, but I will also give him credit when he deserves it. He gets a ton of credit for coaching his staff well, and positioning his team to play good enough to win.

There is a long way to go, and many flaws to address, but he has done well thus far IMO

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don't recall too many bagging on MM during game threads. I think there were a few about clock management as usual. Rather right or wrong, not sure.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
He gets less credit now than before. You're telling me he had the ability to help Kellen Moore be a better play caller the last 2 years and he didn't do it why that is Ultimate failure

Streifenkarl

Reaction score
Afterall....the Cowboys are 3-1. He's kept it together and deserves some credit.
Well that's one of these "wins heal everything" things. Even the Jones boys deserve some (or rather alot) of credit if this team can pull of a couple of play off wins this season. A big fat "told you so" from Jerry would be the least us fans would deserve. Sorry if that wasn't the correct grammar. :D

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Well that's one of these "wins heal everything" things. Even the Jones boys deserve some (or rather alot) of credit if this team can pull of a couple of play off wins this season. A big fat "told you so" from Jerry would be the least us fans would deserve. Sorry if that wasn't the correct grammar. :D

Jerry doesn't get a "told you so" for a couple of playoff wins. After 3 playoff wins in 26 years it's going to require something bigger.

He's the one who said "Super Bowl or bust" and I'm holding him to it. At least get to one before telling us his way is the right way.

erod

Reaction score
If you're going to bash, you have to give kudos, too.

Most of the credit goes to Quinn though. He's built the new identity of this team.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
MM deserves more credit for stabilizing Cowboys without Dak. McCarthy, it seems, often gets lost in the machine that is the Dallas Cowboys’ organization. There’s so much chatter about Jerry & the players, whether it’s Dak, Cooper, Micah or Amari who’s no longer here, that we don’t pay much attention to McCarthy.

MM must continue to set the tone when Dak returns. This team will be offensively challenged no matter who’s playing QB because it doesn’t have enough playmakers. This team can win w/defense & special teams but it requires the Cowboys to play a certain way. Nothing should change when Dak returns.

It’s the only way they’ll win enough games for MM to get some credit & make sure he keeps his job.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I think McCarthy is a good coach I always find it funny when people say he only won a SB because he had Rodgers, by that standard you could say the same about almost any coach. Belicheck won because of Brady, Andy Reid only won because of Mahommes, Bill Walsh because of Montana.

32BellyOption

Reaction score
He deserves a lot of credit when things are going good and a lot of blame when things are going bad. As you all know this is not an easy organization to coach for and I think he’s managing it well right now.

blueblood70

Reaction score
MM gets blamed when we lose, therefore he deserves credit when we win.

To win 3 games with a backup QB is not an easy task, especially after the sky was falling after the L in week one.

I will criticize him when he deserves it, but I will also give him credit when he deserves it. He gets a ton of credit for coaching his staff well, and positioning his team to play good enough to win.

There is a long way to go, and many flaws to address, but he has done well thus far IMO
we also went 3-1 to finish 2020 with backups. 1-0 last year, so thats what 7 wins with backups not bad..

Scottishcowboy

Reaction score
yup, credit is due. We can focus on him winning without Dak but he's also doing it without our LT so fair play.