How much sleep do you get?

NeonDeion21

Reaction score
How many hours do you usually get and how many do you need to feel fully functional?

Kangaroo

Reaction score
NeonDeion21;3896943 said:
How many hours do you usually get and how many do you need to feel fully functional?

Weekdays 5-6 hours. I function fine on weekends I average about 8

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Usually about 4 hours, sometimes 5.

When I am sick I can barely stay awake.

Bigdog

Reaction score
Usually I average about 5 hours but I am extremely light sleeper. I hear everything even when my wife gets up or moves. I only got 2-3 hours when my twin daughters were born. They just did not sleep.

Boom

Just Dez It
Reaction score
I average about 5 to 5 1/2 hours a night. The cutoff for functionality is about 3 1/2 hours. Anything less and I'm a big bag of stupid the next day.

locked&loaded

Reaction score
I dont understand people saying they get 5 hours. I need 9.5 to be happy, but can deal with 7-8. If around 7, a nap is in my future.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
6 or a little more if possible. That's all I ever get so I have to be fully functionable on that.

MonsterD

Quota outta absentia
Reaction score
locked&loaded;3896961 said:
I dont understand people saying they get 5 hours. I need 9.5 to be happy, but can deal with 7-8. If around 7, a nap is in my future.

No I am with you, everyone loves the braggadocio but I need min. 7hrs. Really 8-81/2 is my good time. I do have to push it past 9hrs to get the wild dreaming sleep that feel weird.

vta

The Proletariat
Reaction score
7 is good and what I regularly get. 8 becomes too much. I usually sleep longer on weekends and feel like crap because of it. Too much sleep ruins my day.

Reaction score
9 hours of sleep is too much and not good for your health besides.

I get about 6.5 a night, sometimes 7. I need more time in the day, not less, so I could never sleep more than that. I get up at 5 on weekdays to work out, and on the weekends I get up at least by 8. I have too much to do to sleep any more than that.

Boom

Just Dez It
Reaction score
MonsterD;3897004 said:
No I am with you, everyone loves the braggadocio but I need min. 7hrs. Really 8-81/2 is my good time. I do have to push it past 9hrs to get the wild dreaming sleep that feel weird.

I don't understand how it's brag worthy, personally. I will say if I sleep 8 hours, then I'll easily sleep 12.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
I'm usually in bed by midnight and the alarm goes off at 5:30am. So, 5 1/2 hours is the norm. Sometimes less, every long once in a while more.

Every 2-3 weeks, one night I will pretty much knockout around 8 or 9PM and sleep until the next morning.

My weekends are usually closer to 1am to 8 or 9am. If I'm goofing off online with buddies from my childhood on the weekends that sometimes turns into 3-4am to 10-11am. The wife gets pissed when I do that! :laugh2:

Phoenix

Reaction score
7-8 during the week is normal for me. 8-9 on weekends, sometimes 10-11 :D

I need 6 to be functional though. Actually, 4-5 I can be functional but only with Coffee IV drip.

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
6-1/2 hours sleep for me on weekdays. 7-8 hours on the weekend.

I need at least 4 to function and not get too worn down and sick.

After a Cowboys game, I don't get much sleep at all. Maybe 3 hours or so win or lose. When they win, the lack of sleep doesn't bother me. When they lose, the lack of sleep really bothers me.

I'm all for afternoon siestas like in Spain. Make it a law here.