How much would Surtain and Moehrig improve the D?

stilltheguru

Reaction score
Ya I don’t think any other DT’s will pop into 1st round contention.

Tufele (USC), Onwuzurike (Wash), Twyman (Pitt) and Marvin Wilson (FSU) are all interesting but probably mid 2/3rd round guys. Shelvin (LSU) is a gigantic NT that is probably a plug and play 2 down starter so he could maybe sneak into 2nd/3rd round contention too.

But info is all over the place in this crazy covid year so opinions seem to vary pretty heavily...won’t surprise me if in a couple months some of the rankings we are looking at now seem silly. I’m trying to take the wait and see approach this year.
Contention for dallas? Maybe not. When barmore turns into akeem hicks I dont want to hear yall crying about dts though.

DanA

Reaction score
Will we be better with a 1st round pick instead of Awuzie and a 2nd round pick instead of Woods....I think maybe a little better.

But I don’t think talent was the big issue. For me the big issue was how talent was used so the real question is will we be better with Quinn replacing Nolan. I think that’s an emphatic yes.

RandyOh

Reaction score
Ya I don’t think any other DT’s will pop into 1st round contention.

Tufele (USC), Onwuzurike (Wash), Twyman (Pitt) and Marvin Wilson (FSU) are all interesting but probably mid 2/3rd round guys. Shelvin (LSU) is a gigantic NT that is probably a plug and play 2 down starter so he could maybe sneak into 2nd/3rd round contention too.

But info is all over the place in this crazy covid year so opinions seem to vary pretty heavily...won’t surprise me if in a couple months some of the rankings we are looking at now seem silly. I’m trying to take the wait and see approach this year.
Ah okay. Nixon very well may be in play at 10 with good testing and measurements over the off-season. I’ll make sure to watch tons of tape on him. Thanks

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
Our secondary needs a serious influx of talent.

Diggs and Wilson are a start but adding guys like Surtain (or Farley) and Moehrig would be the next step.

Our NFCE rivals have had 3-4 seasons to scout X. Woods, Awuzie, and Jourdan Lewis. They know exactly who these dudes are and how to attack them. It’s time to keep it moving.

JBond

Reaction score
Assuming there’s no huge addition to the front 7, besides maybe a healthy McCoy, how much better is this D with Surtain at 10 and Moehrig at 44

Secondary would have 4 real starters for the first time in ages. Run D would still be an issue and the pass D would all be manned by young guys aside from Brown in the nickel.
If we pull that off.... amazing draft. I get the D line issues and I am passionate about LB, but would love a revamped secondary.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
Ah okay. Nixon very well may be in play at 10 with good testing and measurements over the off-season. I’ll make sure to watch tons of tape on him. Thanks

Not sure Nixon will be taken that high.

That said, he reminds me a little bit of Fletcher Cox.

RandyOh

Reaction score
Not sure Nixon will be taken that high.

That said, he reminds me a little bit of Fletcher Cox.
I’ll keep that in mind. Make sure not to get attached to him as a must draft player at 10. I’m sure half this board will do that though because they want a DT so bad