How often RBs have had their runs perfectly blocked and their total Rush EPA

blueblood70

Reaction score
This is what happens when you cheap out and sign the corpse of Zeke. Imagine Henry with our run blocking. :omg:
No I can't he's not blowing up with a team that his quarterback is leading the league in rushing and I'm just saying that off the top of my head but you have a running back averaging 100 yards a game oh wait a minute he's a quarterback and then Henry looks average are you gonna blame that Baltimore Ravens offensive line you start making excuses for Derrick Henry?> in my opinion he wasn't worth the money any more than Christian McCaffrey making $19,000,000 a year or pain these running backs over $10 million it doesn't work Derrick Henry's I get it we're like 2 years 16,000,000 so it was $8 million but in this offense the way Mike McCarthy calls plays no I watched that last year with Tony Pollard and Rico being used wrong you're not gonna convince me that an older age running back paying him 8,000,000 is supposed to fix their problems no we should have drafted 1 before the fourth round have brought in another young guy remember the narrative you don't pay running back you don't go after second contract RVBs dime dozen block well anyone can be a NFL RB..

I agree we should've went out and got one of the younger free agent running backs out there that wasn't costing us a ton of money something under $4 million they probably would be more successful right now I might agree with that and or we should've went out and got a third round or fourth round running back when they were sort of sitting there..

So someone's gonna have to convince Jerry to go to the Miami Dolphins or The Jets who seem to have a plethora of young running backs or another team but those two teams seem to come to mind and try to get one of them....

But no Derek Henry still would not be my choice he wasn't my choice in the offseason I'd knock one another older aging running back they can fall off the Cliff anytime and making $8,000,000 because I believe Mike McCarthy's offense as it is to me right now so plain va....t be a less expensive guy or a rookie.

This happened in 2015 it was our only gap from our great running backs we've had a great history of running backs here and I believe Jerry Jones is gonna let fans be so angry that when he picks another running back earlier in the first round you all won't be mad anymore.....

blueblood70

Reaction score
Rico is actually right there with top pack just below Montgomery.
right i mean it's mike McCarthy i don't get the way he uses he doesn't utilized it properly. So give it game or 2 more before pressure to bring in Cook and when/if that doesn't work maybe Jerry gets one before the trade deadline...

Jipper

Reaction score
So our line is doing a good job - I’d rather see that than if we were on the other side.

We all know we need a rb but that’s 1 player - the line is 5,

This is a positive story, and shows that we need to go get a rb like we did with cooper when we needed a wr

starfan1

Reaction score
What is "this" though? Without context, it's absolutely nothing.
Im with you Im not sure I completely understand it either but i do know the talent in our RB room is not as good as some other teams

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
More subjectively compiled gibberish presented in a format that greatly exaggerates both results, and significance.

Apparently you can sell ice to an Eskimo.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
I do wonder how they define 'perfectly blocked'. Like why isn't a 'perfectly blocked' play always a touchdown? So it must mean something very specific.
To me "perfectly blocked" doesn't necessarily mean untouched for a touchdown but it absolutely should mean getting to the second level. It means that the designated hole is clear. If someone has seen that has happened on > 70% of the Cowboys run plays I need to check their eyeglass prescription cause aint no way in hell that's true. If they're just saying the first contact isn't on our side of the line of scrimmage then a) yes that might be true and b) that's a pretty bogus standard.

pansophy

Reaction score
right i mean it's mike McCarthy i don't get the way he uses he doesn't utilized it properly. So give it game or 2 more before pressure to bring in Cook and when/if that doesn't work maybe Jerry gets one before the trade deadline...
Yeah, I mean maybe if last game wasn't a blow out it would have looked different and we would have seen more productivity from the run game.

jblaze2004

Reaction score
We need to stop this running back by committee approach. Just start Rico and Zeke only comes in when Rico needs a breather.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
heres all the context you need. Our RB room sucks. Im joking but it does appear more the problem of the RB than the OL according to this.
I think it is the blocking scheme,play design, play calling, coaches, then RB's
It isnt just one thing.
If they still run on every 1st down, cant the defense stop something they expect??

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Has anyone who watched this offensive line seen them “perfectly block” anything?
One thing that does not get talked about enough IMHO is the timing aspect of the run game. For a running play to succeed the hole doesn't just have to open up, it has to open up long enough for the back to see it and get through it. By the same token if it takes too long to open up the back will have decided to bounce it out one gap or cut back inside and then a tick later the hole breaks wide open only there's nobody there to run through. These are all things that take time to sync up. I think the youngsters up front might actually be doing a decent job but they aren't in sync with the backs yet. To me it's yet another artifact of not playing your starters any in preseason. If we had then we would be further along in this regard instead of still trying to feel things out in week three.

I admit I have not seen a ton of our guys getting to the second level unmolested but I am prepared to concede that maybe the backs are not reading things as they develop. I was hoping Solari would bring more power blocking to the table than Philbin did especially now with bigger guys up front but to this point we still seem to be more of a finesse running team. We try the old slide step and let the back dance around and pick a lane approach a lot of times. Which is fine if you have that type of back.. But we don't. Zeke and Rico are both one-cut downhill runners. That's how our blocking needs to look. If we want a dancer turn the reigns over the Deuce ..

KMY_Amber

Reaction score
Has anyone who watched this offensive line seen them “perfectly block” anything?
absolutely not! at least not on a running play. and RARELY on a passing play as well.

I see other teams create massive holes on occasion, not only because it was perfectly blocked, but also because it was the perfect run play against a certain defense. When do you ever see that on a Cowboys play, where you say to yourself, "Now THAT was an excellent play call."

:mad:

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Rico is actually right there with top pack just below Montgomery.

This is why I knew we shouldn’t have signed Zeke.

Hes a progress stopper and his role as a player is clear but yet we think it’s 2016 and he needs to be the main guy.

Rico and Vaughn should be playing the majority of the time.

Zeke doesn’t belong on the field unless it’s short yardage or pass pro related.

coult44

Reaction score
I must be watching another team in another dimension because I haven't seen many "perfect bocks" in the run game from Dallas. In the mean time, I watched Atlanta open gaping holes against the Eagles and they are in the middle of the pack for "perfect blocks". The Cowboys are even ahead of the Saints for perfect blocking despite what we saw last week with Kamara not even touched until he was 10 yards downfield.
You’re watching a different game, because the numbers rarely lie